Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Klungar posted:

Enjoy it while you can, all shows will be cancelled and replaced with The Apprentice reruns in Trump's America.

I think Ike Perlmutter is a Trump supporter, so everything under him is safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Odds on Quake actually getting ghostrode on in the show? :quagmire:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

I just hope the new person in charge is Wiliam Forsythe channeling Richie Madano in Out for Justice.

Just a complete and utter drug mafia sociopath.

Well he is WB's second favorite Batman voice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

A preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WineOK1d6A0

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Too bad there's no more Ward for LMD Jemma to punch until his head explode while craddling a dead Fitz.

Edit:
Meanwhile, Coulson punches Fing Fang Foom with his robohand.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Blazing Ownager posted:

ED: Still worth watching and if you haven't seen DD Season 1, go sign up for Netflix because that was a stellar, tight season. The change in show runner hurt, a lot.

Don't forget the other shows like Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Netflix also have all the previous seasons of AoS, and the best comic book show iZombie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xealot posted:

For all the talk about Kree super science and terrigenesis being divine ascension, those InHumans sure are engineered like poo poo. That's a pretty crap defect for a quake energy wave person.

I expected better of super ancient alien science. :colbert:

As Sif said in season 2, they are supposed to be slaves to the Kree. You want to make sure they're not too powerful in case they get uppity.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

sticklefifer posted:

This, plus she's all gothed out now, which in TV land is a quick visual cue to let you know she's self-harming. :emo:

Can't wait for Daisy to get a cat and we'll have the MCU version of the Penitent Puss.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Marvel killed off one Wolverine and replaced him with two different Wolverines, and both of them might be in next year's Wolverine movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

try the new taco place posted:

Where's Nick Fury. Did Sam Jackson quit?

He does a million movies a year.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I still wish FOX would pull the stick out of their rear end and at least make an agreement with Disney to allow Deadpool to randomly reference the MCU.

(crashed helicarrier doesn't count)

Inthink that falls under the parody clause.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lucas Till never got his wish to make out with a green-haired girl. We'll see if they will introduce one on McGuyver.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Xealot posted:

A man can dream.

Was he supposed to be Scott's brother or his uncle or something in Apocalypse? Dude was like 19 in 1961. His younger brother is 16 in 1983?

Brother, and I think he was supposed to be almost 40 in Apocalypse. Which is funny since he's in another upcoming movie playing a high schooler. Maybe mutants age better.

bloodychill posted:

Best-aged 31 year old in television. Meanwhile, the dude playing Pietro really did look 12 years older.

Ironicly, Evan Peters can probably play a 20-ish guy in his 40s.

Avenger's Pietro married a woman 30 years his senior. Can't beat that.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Oct 3, 2016

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Patriots" is mostly shorthand for white supremacist domestic terrorists nowadays.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lois Lane made herself black for a news report, Castle made himself black to kill criminals. Make sense.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Next episode is giving us what we have always expected since they announced Robbie will be on this show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNggo2fl1sk

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's the dog's spirit, which makes more sense as something that hates evildoers.

Or the spirit of May's principle of not sleeping with co-workers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's a bullet hole in the skull of the Rider that gave Robbie his powers. I think Johnny Blaze was shot in the head once.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Kojak is like a pop culture icon. He's shorthand for 'bald dude'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Zebulon posted:

Man. If this season doesn't end with a flaming Quinjet slaming nose-first into the season's big bad while Robbie (ghost) rides atop it all the way down I'm going to be disappointed.

The big bad needs to be in a tower.

SHIELD will never forget his sacrifice.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Only if we get Bobbi and Hunter back. :colbert:

Black Bolt makes them agents for Atillan in the human world because they are the most awesome of couples just like him and Medusa.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

When is that Legion show coming out?

Next February

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

At the end of the day, the typical comic book nerd opinion is "DC movie bad, Marvel movie good, DC CW good, AoS bad, Netflix Marvel good" regardless of the actual quality of these shows.

It's also not to be confused with the general public opinion, where DC and Marvel movies are about as profitable as one another while Gotham is more popular than any single CW show or AoS.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

DC is not really trying to copy Marvel when it comes to movies. If the MCU movies had been progressing like the DC ones, Iron Man would have been followed by a Hulk vs Iron Man movie the year after, which would probably be better from a narrative standpoint and sets up their science bro status in Avengers. As it is, a lot of more interesting things that could have happened in Phase 1 (Cap's WW2 adventure, Stark facing the consequences of his father's actions, Thor finding an alternative route to Earth) had to be handwaved away in order for The Avengers to arrive by 2012.

Zach Snyder figured out a lot. The problem for most people is that it's not the same thing they figured out. All the mythic elements and thematic subtext of his movies are like him making a Westworld Host design and construction video for an audience of Hosts. "I don't see anything here."

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I'm expecting the "Previously, on Agents of SHIELD..." segment next week to be about 15 minutes long

Hopefully with special guest star Michael Pena.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jetfire posted:

I like that Mace was angry about Mack leaving without wearing a helmet.

Mace is really what Joss Whedon thinks Steve Rogers is like, as seen in his Avengers movies.

Kheldarn posted:

When Tony's picking a new A.I. for his suit, his hand passes over, then goes back and hovers over J.O.C.A.S.T.A.. Then he moves on to F.R.I.D.A.Y..

That's why there's no subplot about Tony boning his own suit in Civil War.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Quake is also a pretty active character in the current comic books, right?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm very pleased that Daisy gets to be an agent again, but I had to laugh at her zipper on her suit being unzipped 4 extra inches for no reason at all.

Especially when she shares a scene with Yoyo who was zipped all the way up.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mace in superhero gear reminds me of the dad from Sky High. Or that douchey superhero from Mystery Men.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LoT is about to have an episode where they need to save the future by convincing George Lucas to make Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I want to believe that this insurance company that have robot death insurance went bankrupt after Age of Ultron.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Promo for the next episode spoils the death of an important character! Noooooo, why must the PR guy die?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqlTizl_j_E

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope they copy the plot twist from Sega game Binary Domain and reveal that Fitz's father is an LMD.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope keep Aida around for the inevitable musical episode.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Look, if Ms. Grundy can gently caress Archie anything is fair game.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This news came out the same day Alfie Allen is announced as being in the new Predator movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I recall Game of Thrones having special theatrical screenings of season premiers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

What if he is a cyborg now and changed his name to Raiden?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ApeHawk posted:

What if the terrigen crystal didn't give Daisy her Quake powers, but instead made her really good at Quake, the game?

And since the Framework is already a computer world, she and Radcliffe will mod it to become Quake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

There's an interview Joss Whedon about his Batgirl movie and predictably he voices some issues he had with Marvel, including him disagreeing with the decision to resurrect Coulson for AoS.

• Locked thread