Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The photos are all bad but some are way worse than others.

"Okay, now try and look like you're really bored and you'd rather be anywhere else in the world! ..... Perfect!"

Poor Clark Gregg came off the worst, it looks like his dick is hanging out of his pants:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I'm guessing that the live action TV crossover will most likely happen during Luke Cage. I guess we'll find out for sure next Friday!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah but you'll never actually see him kiss a dude on screen.

Why does this thread ALWAYS return to "They just talked"????

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

homullus posted:

Finally watched the episode last night. I immediately wondered whether the VR tech would be their defense against the ghosty thing, depending on how it works -- giving you something to look at other than the horrors it's showing you.

A soulless android would also be pretty handy when you're fighting someone with a Penance Stare attack.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGvXrbxl32l/?taken-by=chloebennet&hl=en

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Heh. Ninjas.

They're wacky.

Amazon just announced the recent Tick live action pilot starring Peter Serafinowicz has been ordered to series!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Periodiko posted:

I didn't even know I was gonna get Tick news clicking on this thread

CAPT. Rainbowbeard started it!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kheldarn posted:

They said his name. When Coulson and May walk into his office, he says, "Phillip!", and Coulson responds with, "Jeffery.".

His imdb.com page says he's Jeffery Mace
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0641816/

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

pee out my butt posted:

Anyone can add anything to IMDB.

Well Wikipedia also says he's Jeffery Mace. I guess you'll be telling me that anyone can add anything to Wikipedia as well. :rolleyes:

Edit: I just check and it turns out anyone can add anything to Wikipedia as well :negative:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

homullus posted:

If they can't even do that, that's pretty pathetic.

From what I gather the deliberate MCU TV/movie divide really is quite petty but then again the whole "creative council" in charge of the MCU was really lovely in a lot of ways for quite a long time.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ming-Na Wen has been acting in movies before Chloe Bennet was even born. She faced off against M Bison when Chloe was only 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzAMmpMra8

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 1, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

achillesforever6 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17GJ_FEake8
Chloe and Gabe also dressed up as Rocket Raccoon and Star Lord

Clark fanboying over Capt America and then Cap fanboying him right back was beautiful. :3:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zzulu posted:

It's called contractual PR obligation

I'd like to see the contract that forced them into doing this stuff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E30x0KZfBEk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M9KrH9IZ8g

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Yeah but all the terrigen crystals on the show are the dodgy ones that Momma Inhuman made, which have the metal all mixed in.

Nah the terrigen got thrown in the sea and is infecting people via fish oil pills. Regular humans don't have any adverse reaction from the pills but people who have the Inhuman gene get rockified.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Open Source Idiom posted:

But it's not clear he took the pills. He could have been exposed to one of the rods.

But even then he should have shattered within a minute or so, something weird is going on regardless.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

That's not how teaming up is supposed to work!

Yes it is. :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'm pretty sure all Frank's team-ups end with him trying to kill the other person at some point.

There's a rule in comic books that heroes have to fight each other the first time they meet (usually over some misunderstanding or mistaken identity) before they can team up and it happens aaaaaall the time. Even Quake fought with Ghost Rider in the last episode before they teamed up.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did Simmons imply that Jeffrey Mace's heroic record was fraudulent or something?

It could also be that he was already an Inhuman with super strength and invulnerability at that point so he was never in danger during the bombing and his actions weren't as heroic as has been made out.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
If your closest living relative just admitted to murdering a whole bunch of people and then turned into a demonic skeleton writhing with hellflame and started smashing poo poo up while you were in a super spy jet cruising at 20,000 feet there's a slight chance you might not be able to deal with everything in a calm and rational manner right that second. Slight chance.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

No, he was being a twat before that ever happened. In fact, from the second he realised Daisy was Inhuman.

The only things members of the general public know about Inhumans are what they hear about them on the news, most of which has been "OMG Inhumans are killing a bunch of people! They're terrorists!!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Also he knew his brother was involved in some bad poo poo (going out at night, coming back with blood on his clothes) and guessed that she was somehow involved.

Also Quake has specifically been identified as a terrorist by the media.

Edit: poo poo, double post

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spergatory posted:

So Mack and Gabe called each other Ironsides and Black Kojak, and since I didn't know who either one of those people were, I decided to look it up. Those are the title characters of TV shows from the 60s and 70s. They were probably before Mack's time, let alone loving Gabe, who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be a teenager in high school. Where the gently caress is Gabe watching 60s and 70s police procedurals?

They no doubt heard about them from the same source they heard about Matlock and MacGyver:
http://i.imgur.com/dgBA2jW.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/EWvHRGA.gifv

Actual answer: those old shows have been in syndication ever since they aired

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tarquinn posted:

Just fine.

Pretty much, yeah

Edit: Here's another one with a train but I genuinely have no loving idea what's going on here. Is that one guy riding a giant flying chainsaw?

Also here's Red Hulk combined with Venom's symbiote and Ghost Rider's spirit of vengeance:

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 5, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

David D. Davidson posted:

Where's my Ghost Rider on a unicycle?

http://mikebear.blogspot.dk/

A few more:

Gorilla Salad posted:

So who did they manage to actually surprise?

Some big demon dude

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Adventure Time just had a 4 month break and then slid their two part season finale into their schedule without much fanfare so a bunch of people missed it. The people who did manage to catch it were all "gently caress I don't remember what happened last episode back in July, what the gently caress is going on?"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

I barely remember what happened ever on these shows when they come back

I'm expecting the "Previously, on Agents of SHIELD..." segment next week to be about 15 minutes long

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OB_Juan posted:

Who says she doesn't? Or that anyone else does?

Well how else is she going to have a climactic series-end battle with Ghost Rider, the guy who can kick the poo poo out of anyone who has a soul and has committed evil if she has a soul?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

It's possible that I missed it, but I didn't see her getting pulled back at all. The first time with the explosion

Using a yoyo speed effect to try and outrun an explosion would be pretty hilarious. "Whoooo I escaped!~ nope, getting pulled back to where I started oh poo poo"

Edit: I just went and rewatched the two Yoyo scenes and she definitely ends up back where she started in the explosion scene but in the battle scene at the end where she's switching around guns and stuff she ends up on the same side of the room where she entered but she stops a good 30 or 40 feet from where she started.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 8, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Spergatory posted:

Plus, the Darkhold (God, what a stupid name, I feel filthy just typing it out) is still in play, and we know very explicitly that Robbie is not dead and that a Ghost Rider has returned from hell before. It's likely he will be back before season's end.

Plus the comicbook version of the Darkhold has links to pretty much all the mystical/supernatural Marvel characters (even Kull, Conan and Red Sonja) and was apparently responsible for creating all the vampires and werewolves so it opens up a whole bunch of potential crossovers.

It even had it's own comic series of a sort for a while:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

In the comics GR got his rear end whupped all the time.

In the cartoons he once beat Galactus singlehandedly. His powers are .... somewhat erratically portrayed.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The MSJ posted:

Promo for the next episode spoils the death of an important character! Noooooo, why must the PR guy die?!!

If he can't survive that then he was in the wrong business anyway. :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bring back old gbs posted:

At what point did Ed Hardy redesign the cover?

Maybe Ed Hardy got a glimpse at the book in his youth and it redesigned him
:tinfoil:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SiKboy posted:

May and May-naught? Or May B?

June.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rhyno posted:

Aida 2 never read the Darkhold though so how is she affected by it?

When they were making the Aida copy they just copy/pasted darkhold.pdf from her memory banks

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Yeah the Terrigen crystals made by Jiaying's group were impure because they were contaminated with traces of the Diviner metal, so they'd cocoon normal humans and kill them in the process because the Diviners kill non-Inhumans. When they got dumped into the sea the impurities were separated so the fish oil pills only affect latent Inhumans and have no effect on regular people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

counterfeitsaint posted:

The whole not-Shangri-la plotline had a bunch of inconsistencies. One of the characters specifically has a line saying they've tried and couldn't figure out how to separate the death metal (:black101:) from the crystals. They also constantly complain about how there's not enough crystals.

Naw, Jiaying's plan all along was to flood the world with the contaminated terrigen gas which would activate all the Inhumans and kill all the regular humans, the crystals were deliberately contaminated and she had loads of them. This was all revealed in the big two parter finale of season two where the Inhumans take over the SHIELD2's Iliad aircraft carrier and Mack cuts off Coulson's arm and Cal kills Jiaying to save Daisy.

The Inhumans who thought there weren't enough crystals had been duped into thinking that because they were too wishywashy to go along with the 'Kill all humans' plan.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gorilla Salad posted:

Of course, what he's doing to May kinda puts that theory to rest :(

Maybe the whole thing was Radcliffe's idea and he threw in an animatronic Real Doll with May's memories as a sweetener on the deal?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

cant cook creole bream posted:

If he had done the exact same thing to a real human, by conditioning her to stimuli, until she couldn't tell anymore what she genuinely likes and what she was programmed to, he would appear even less sympathetic than right now.

He's also reprogramming the real May by making her relive altered versions of one of her defining life experiences. :ssh:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

OB_Juan posted:

It's actually even worse - Coulson has no idea when May was swapped.

Also, I think they showed that their relationship was angling in that direction just before the swap. Not that it will matter - however May comes out of the Bahrain loop, she may or may not (haha puns) feel the same way.

Radcliffe has totally hosed over Coulson, May and Fitz on really deep emotional levels, some of which may cause permanent damage. He's fuuuucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

RareAcumen posted:

Am I the only one who thought it was weird how holding the new teregin crystals was fine but smash one and everyone's like 'Oh gently caress we're dead!'

Snapping one in half is apparently fine now, but knocking it on a hard surface will aerosolise it.

• Locked thread