Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The Director is a Koenig, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

I kinda feel like after all the Hydra stuff AND all the Hive stuff, May would be the first to tell Coulson "Hey that box that drove everyone insane may have affected me and I'm seeing weird poo poo now". If they drag out her not telling anyone it's going to be really stupid.

she'll probably confide in Simmons who'll then try hiding the problem during her weekly lie detector test or somesuch.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I just love that she's wearing a Ms Marvel shirt.

the cynic in me tells me that that's company orders. The nerd in me hopes it's not.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I like this director - it allows for some drama without having a bad guy involved.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

cant cook creole bream posted:

So, the people in the hospitals weren't harmed during the blackouts? The only people who died were a bunch of unlucky helicopter flyers? That's convenient.

Well it is superhero-land. I imagine every hospital has about forty backup generators with the entire building emp-shielded and made out of hulk-proof concrete

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

At this point I wouldn't mind the show stopping (provided all the major plot threads get resolved etc.) It's been a good ride with fun characters but I do feel like it's getting into a rut.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I wonder what the mechanics are for that necronomicon ex mortis book. "get one free good spell, after that you're evil"?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Slashrat posted:

I'm really hoping AIDA joins the team as the resident robosorcerer. Robots doing magic is always cool.

Are there any characters based on that concept in the comic universe already?

how can they do magic if they have no souls? :confused:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Something's going on with his shell and it'll be a major plotpoint. There is no way that guy is getting out of his stone cocoon on his own.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

He's fine, just paralyzed from the neck down.

and from the neck up.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Question: whose was the head kept on ice during the interrogation scene? Didn't look like Aida to me.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Before the show showed the cause of the explosion I thought that chrysalis followed by explosion was the intended function of the anti-inhuman crystals. Would have made for a good way of getting rid of the alien gene, as well as a pretty cool supervillain weapon.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

There weren't "anti inhuman crystals." They were just the leftover crystals Radcliffe had from his work with Hive.

I'm aware, but radcliffe's dialogue put me on the wrong foot - his dialogue with superior is somewhere along the lines of "oh here are these crystals that are the first step in exterminating the inhumans" - exploding chrysalises would make a good first step.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Slashrat posted:

More to the point, Mace bluffed all the goons in the very same episode by acting like he was a superpowered inhuman despite being totally off the serum at that point.

Mace has shown himself to be consistently great at bluffing/improvising his way out of harrowing situations. And he really is a charming man.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Plus we don't necessarily know that it drives everyone mad. Its entirely possible that the problem is that it keeps getting read by mad scientists thirsting for some breakthrough and power.

We should test this - "hey, I found this book that's full of dad jokes, you should read it".

Do LMDs have superpowers? Because that's the perfect way to test Daisy - just have her shake the base a little.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

30u150n

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

late to the party, but how'bout m.axe?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Jusupov posted:

quote:

YES. He was Ramsay Bolton on GoT and Barry on Misfits. I'm pumped. This is going to be good and in IMAX quality too.

THAT'S NOT HIS NAME

double nine fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 22, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

What's the over/under of seeing Jiaying, Raina or Cal again?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

what the hell is a cheesecake shot?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

It's not an uncommon surname, but it's pronounced 'Coburn'.

TIBFJC

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

injoke that's not funny. Never mind.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Abraham & Lincoln: Vampires, Hunters

:colbert:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

question: did Simmons namedrop "daisy" during her confrontation with Coulson? I'm wondering if she did and Coulson's faking the sudden insight, setting him up to be an inside mole inside the resistance.

I'm basically just hunting for the future "gotcha" moment.

double nine fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 6, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

OB_Juan posted:

These are good points, but I've become paranoid.

It's okay, just be careful with the soap.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Dracorion posted:

I actually feel like Project Looking Glass is about bringing people from the Framework into LMD bodies on the outside. Not real people, but rather the virtual ones.

That way Aida could take over the world with a ready-made Hydra army.

well, that AND get Fitz & the Cavalry back to their real bodies using LMDs as a convenient handwave, use them against the real world.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait a sec, how did May not get killed when she smashed that terrigen crystal? How could she even hold it?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Because it was pure terrigen/not laced with diviner metal.

I thought it looked like the diviner stuff but I'm probably mixing up these very distinct looking crystal thingies.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Yeah, while it's sad that Mace is gone, this is pretty much what he wanted to be. A self-sacrificing honest to god superhero.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

the "large file transfer" scene will never not be funny to me.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Apoplexy posted:

Refresh my/our memory on that? Also, I'm re-watching season 3 and just got to the awesome Lash vs Everyone battle in 3x07 Chaos Theory. Great loving fight/episode. I miss Lincoln, even if he was the weakest AoS character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEUKUvEU1N8

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Creative Consultant.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

at this point may has tried to escape the simulation infinite amount of times. When she eventually gets out she'll be a superhero just out of sheer combat experience.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

that. looks. awful.

"we want you to look as if you're here at gunpoint. No, more constipated. Yeah, that's the look we need"

double nine fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 4, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I need to know in what blooper reel or whatever that screencap was taken, because that's an amazing image.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

ol qwerty bastard posted:

If they don't use the magical 3D printer to print out at least a couple more KoenigsWards & Tripps I'll be very disappointed.

ftfy

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

is this the final season? This feels like a budget cut - few extras, no on-location filming.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

probably Ward.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"this is your planet on crack" *planet crumbles into a billion pieces* "just say no"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Glad to see Julie Mao, even away from the protomolecule, rocks that blue hue.

• Locked thread