Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, and Rhodey's password was WARMACH1NER0X, wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Open Source Idiom posted:

Gotham will probably always have my heart

It's scary how much Gotham fuckin' stepped up, though. It went from sub-Constantine, bottom of the TV comic book show barrel dreck to giving Agents of SHIELD a pretty good run for its money for my favourite broadcast television comic book show. The moment when Butch rocket launchered Azrael is one of my favourite moments in TV.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I mean...you don't have to. But you should? It's got some of the most well-realized, outlandish characters on TV right now. Just Penguin and Riddler being adorable super-BFFs is worth the price of admission.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Watch anything without Jada Pinkett-Smith in it. Although, she does improve marginally in season two.

EDIT: And Bruce is, like, 14/15, so about ten years away from going full bat. By that time, characters like Ed and Oswald will be in their early 40s. That's hardly geriatric. But, yeah, don't bother trying to reconcile anything that happens in Gotham with any other Batman media. It's its own alternate timeline and poo poo's going down differently in it.

Phylodox fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 17, 2016

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Alexeythegreat posted:

Are we talking about Gotham here? Because I remember giving the gently caress up on it somewhere in the end of S1 when I couldn't cringe past one of Bruce's crybaby moments.

Bruce is actually a pretty stone cold badass, now.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xealot posted:

I don't know how this would happen in the plot, but I want my version.

Get Fox to let them use Deadpool so they can loosely adapt the Dead Presidents storyline.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like Gotham.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Electromax posted:

I think snapping that guy's neck is gonna make it tough to pass off Aida's behavior as 'she was only trying to help'. She could've just KO'd him too if that was really the case.

Didn't stop Oliver Queen.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
The fact that a show featuring Vinny Jones singing showtunes didn't catch on vexes me.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Spergatory posted:

I imagine this conversation would happen at some point.

:v: "Hey, Ghost Rider, if you can instantly heal all my other injuries, why can't you heal my legs?"
:skeltal: "Pre-existing condition."
:v: "Thanks, Obama!"
:argh:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
If they do cancel Agents of SHIELD, a neat thing to do (that they probably won't do) would be to have little hints and cameos in the existing shows to give a vague impression that SHIELD is still a thing and what they're up to.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

LoT is a poorly written jumbled mess. It does have its fun moments, but it's easily the worst DC show this season.

Can't agree with this. It's fuckin' dumb, but at least it's not boring like Arrow.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Blazing Ownager posted:

The fact they wreck everything they touch is part of why "CW show" is an insult. They're just the worst. They want every show to be about people bitching at each other and nothing else.

Jane the Virgin is good, at least.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tad SG posted:

My local ABC affiliate in Portland is no longer going to be carried by my cable company. When do new episodes show upon Hulu, and how long are they available?

I don't know about Hulu, but aren't episodes put up on the ABC website the next day? I know I watch next day episodes on the CTV Go app here in Canada.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Nill posted:

Gonna say no since there was a quick line in an early episode when Mace was having to give senators a pr tour to secure the budget where he called Coulson out on how he mysteriously managed to fund Shield without any government support.

I took that as more "Since we're going public again, we have to be super loving transparent so no one thinks we're secret super-Nazis anymore". So no ambiguous funding.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
[quote="OB_Juan" post="468757764"]June isn't bad, but I still like MayB[:quote]

According to the closed captioning she's May2.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Also, don't icers have, like, a silver muzzle attachment? That one in the GIF doesn't look like it does.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

I wonder if he gets paid for each different character on AoS.

They get a bulk discount.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BSam posted:

Oh yeah, not even I watch Gotham.

Your loss, Gotham is radical!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It is good when whatever rules they have for time travel are consistent. LoT just does whatever the gently caress and it's pretty glaringly bad at times.

It would be if the show even pretended to take its own rules and premise seriously. As it is, it's slightly dumber and less consistent than Peabody and Sherman. It is astoundingly dumb television done well in the same way Gotham is insane melodrama done well. Neither are good shows, but they're bafflingly entertaining for what they are.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Fauxlson.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Maybe Daisy was already feeling a bit loopy from being drugged or gassed or whatever.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Error 404 posted:

Here we go again...

At least I finally get to use this again:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

achillesforever6 posted:

Wonder who else might show up alive and different in this sim.

Lucy Lawless. She and John Hannah can have a Spartacus reunion!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

enraged_camel posted:

Eh, I don't want Ward to come back. I think he served his purpose and his arcs concluded successfully. The show is better off for having moved on to new villains.

Yeah, but bringing him back as a heroic robot instead of a villainous human/squid presents all kinds of great plot hooks. He would effectively be an entirely different character who would have to deal with everyone's prejudices against someone he isn't.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Need an episode of Agents of SHIELD narrated by Michael Peņa.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

BSam posted:

Aww gently caress you, I'm :toxx: ing that it does.

I wish I had your faith in broadcast television.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

I'm so old, that sentence might as well be nonsense.

I think he said something about computers!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

I always associate the top cut buns as being a US thing because the first time I ever saw them was in myrtle beach.

Nah, man, all good Quebec steamies come in those kind of buns.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Boris Galerkin posted:

But your "opens on the top" buns are just the "opens on the side" buns oriented with the opening facing the top.

No, they're definitely different. The top-cut buns have more planes. They're square or rectangular rather than round. That's why they're preferable for steamies, since a good steamie has a metric poo poo ton of onions and coleslaw on top and it'll all fall out if your dog tips over.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A steamie is literally a steamed hot dog, usually bun and all. The alternative is a toastie, a boiled or grilled dog in a toasted bun.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
There's nothing wrong with cheesecake, it's just when the female characters in your show or movie exist solely to provide said cheesecake that it sucks, and Agents of SHIELD has a pretty stellar cheesecake/legit character moment ratio.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

Plus they have Mac who is pretty easy on the eyes. So was Ward to be honest.

The show is definitely not afraid of equal opportunity cakery, no.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Too bad Dalton will be an octogenarian by the time that movie gets made.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Dongattack posted:

FINALLY something good on TV again. It's been rough lately :negative:

Have you not been watching Legion?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

homullus posted:

It is a superhero thing that is also about mental illness.

I'd say it is a mental health thing that is also, tangentially, about people who have powers and are not particularly heroic, really.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Yeah, now do one for how stupid the Blacklist and it's spin-off are.

Lizzy, did I ever tell you about the time I mainlined Elmer's glue with Mahatma Gandhi in Malta? The man may have been on a hunger strike, but he was an absolute fiend for children's glue. What does that have to do with the fact that this nuclear bomb is about to go off in thirteen seconds? Well, let me tell you about the time I went parasailing with the Ayatollah off the Ivory Coast...

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

"The character of Felicity Smoak on the CW show Arrow should strive always to be more like Marvel's Agents of SHIELD's Jemma Simmons."

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Longbaugh01 posted:

It's fine, doesn't bother me, but hope you guys know the word cocoon does not work that way.

As a verb? Yes, it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Mace is probably the only one (real person) who knows frameward as a good guy. He'd be the guy on the team saying, "hey, this dude's not so bad." and everyone else would be in to murder the bot.

Nah. LMD Ward manages to win everyone over. Even Daisy. Even Mack. Then Mace shows up and chops Ward's head off without a word. Then, while everyone is staring at him in horror:

"What? He's a bad guy! I've read the file!"

• Locked thread