Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
This game is exciting for a lot of reasons. Its set in the survival genre which is synonymous with the word early access and a bar so low funcom will have trouble loving it up.
TLDR
Base building, killing, looting, crucifying prisoners, explosive base raiding, HELL YEAH its got it all.

Playing with goons
:five: This part is key.
Open world sandbox games that involve kicking over sandcastles and stealing the loot in them are best played with LOTS of goons.
To this extent we've got a great bunch of goons and friends playing Rust every week, Wurm Unlimited, and less open games like CSGO. As a community we are HYPE for Conan and really want to get the goon ball rolling.

Come join us in the BMW Discord found here:
:getin: http://fuckgoons.com/ :getin:

Goon run servers for goons by goons
Something Dongful
IP: 38.130.223.197:7777
-Dedicated server, Dual Intel Xeon X5650 2.66GHz (12 cores * 2), 32GB Ram, SSD

[CTS] Dedicated PvP (Midwest US)
-Dedicated Xenon E5-2609 8x2.399ghx 32Gb soon to be 64Gb. Only thing on the rig

[EU] The Riddle of Steel - PvP
88.99.0.69:27105
Hosted by Nitrous Networks - supposedly i7-4790, Unlimited Memory, 2 x 512GB SSD's in RAID 1, 2 x 1Gbps NIC's

GSF [PVP] Public Miami - Mittani's Wasteland
85.190.159.123:32000
50 max PVP
out of Miami

Stat calculator
https://zerapps.github.io/conan-stat-calculator/

The long cut mostly shamelessly ripped from http://www.conanexiles.com/

AN OPEN-WORLD SURVIVAL GAME
IN THE BRUTAL LANDS OF CONAN THE BARBARIAN
You are an exile, outcast and downtrodden, sentenced to walk in a barbaric wasteland where the weak are crushed and the strong survive. Here you must fight to survive, build and dominate on your own or in multiplayer.

Hungry, thirsty and alone, your very first battle is that against the harsh environment. Scavenge or hunt animals for food. Chop down trees, mine for minerals, and harvest resources to build weapons and tools. Build a shelter to survive the scouring sandstorms that sweep across the burning desert. Journey through a vast, seamless world alone or together with other players, and build entire settlements and strongholds to withstand fierce invasions.

March forth into battle and wage war against your enemies as you bring down their walls and invade their cities. Sacrifice enemy players on the altars of the gods and shift the balance of power your way. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat and execute bloody and bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling and limbs flying.

Early Access on the PC January 2017.
Full launch on PC and console to follow.

Key Features:

SURVIVE THE WORLD OF CONAN.
You think you know survival? Try surviving the savage world of Conan the Barbarian! Starting out with nothing but your bare hands and a torn loincloth, you will soon find yourself fighting off thirst, starvation, and ungodly monsters out to devour your insides!

HARVEST, CRAFT, AND BUILD.
Grow crops, chop down trees, crack open rocks to find rare minerals, and hunt exotic animals for valuable resources. Craft armor, items, weapons and tools, and build anything from small homes to crafting stations, gigantic fortresses, and even entire cities!

EXPLORE A SEAMLESS WORLD.
Journey through a huge, seamless world filled with danger and opportunity. Explore shadow haunted ruins full of monsters and treasure, traverse epic landscapes ranging from sand dunes to rivers and mountains, and seek out dangerous areas for rare resources and rewards!

CUTTING-EDGE GRAPHICS.
See the world of Conan brought to life with cutting-edge graphics! Watch your feet push through real-time simulated sand, find shelter from epic sandstorms that engulf the sky, and watch as the burning sun sets and gives way to a frozen, dangerous night.

SLAY AND DOMINATE YOUR ENEMIES.
In the world of Conan, strength rules. Unleash your fury in savage, fast-paced combat, and execute bone-crushing attacks that will see heads rolling, limbs flying and blood spraying! Wage war against your enemies and bring down their fortifications with explosives!

PLAY TOGETHER OR ALONE.
Be the ruler of your own world in single-player mode, or fight for survival and dominance in persistent multiplayer environments on public servers or on private servers where players have full control over the rules and settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnL2cLMpnzA

Usenet Magic-User fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Feb 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Let's temper our expectations from wizards even existing to a game like rust set in the Conan landscape hopefully with better fps and pve content than ark.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

SweetBro posted:

This looks like Mortal Online. Except has a studio that actually knows how to develop MMOs behind it. I don't know, I genuinely have faith in this. As much as the typical chronic autist here likes to rag on Funcom, they're light-years ahead of virtually any other studio that made a sandboxy-surival-game-thingy.

Yeah I like this genre a lot. Also I genuinely think this game will do well. All jokes aside all the current successful games are pretty unique and exploring what works and what doesn't. Seeing an experienced dev studio whos made mmos and understands this kind of world building with $$$ backing is really exciting. We haven't seen a AAA studio venture into the survival genre yet.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Yeah I am really hype they are looking at ark for server models. I really like the fully persistent worlds. The diverse crafting looks good to. Finally a game that embraces clan play and doesn't shun them as bad zerg humans.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

No, the desert is just where you start and what EA will have at first. They said they are adding other biome throughout the EA period and already have screenshots of them.

They also mentioned increasing max server pop as they add biomes. So I wonder if 100 pop was full release or start of EA.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
http://blog.conanexiles.com/en/an-update-on-conan-exiles/

New blog post from developers, EA still on schedule for January

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Nice, lots of twitter updates and AMA events. Still promising to start EA in January should be exciting to see.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Devs put out some new stuff and character generation. Looks like its going to be that fresh out of the bag ark feel without dinos and maybe some magic weapons and monsters to fight. I guess the towns are npc owned to start with but you can push them out, my hype is 10/10 right now.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

Early Access starts at the end of January. Will BMW rise again from the ashes, like a shining, gay phoenix?

Rise is a strong word but we will absolutely be rolling in full force with pubbie death squads.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

I trust funcom with this like Conan's dad trusted steel (he died)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVx4LafsvSU

Some goons are in the friends and family beta and liking it a lot. The current bar is so low in this genre funcom having actually made games is a plus here.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
leveling is great,
max graphics with over 100 fps is great,
netcode doesn't exist, rubberband hell....

Lets hope for a week 1 miracle patch

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Hormples posted:

I haven't played any of these survival games before but I think I'm gonna drop the money and try this one out, because a survival game with goons sounds hilarious, and also I'm an idiot

It is the best, Ark, Rust, hopefully this, have been some of the best gaming ever because of the people not necessarily the game.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
As for the bmw versus non bmw thing? They aren't a clan that's not recruiting they are just avoiding creating a 100 man power team on a private server as that's not fun for anyone, we want pubbies to get in. As kim mentioned any goon in need isn't going to be left out in the cold. If and when funcom brings back official servers we are all on the same team.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Adding Kim's server and the CTS server to the OP. Do you want the EU server in the op as well? Any other goon servers to add?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

LumberingTroll posted:

So I set up a server
[CTS] Dedicated PvP (Midwest US)
-Dedicated Xenon E5-2609 8x2.399ghx 32Gb soon to be 64Gb. Only thing on the rig

Its been up for a day, took it down twice to change config and enable battle eye, no issues so far, could use some stress testing. If anyone wants to give it a go. Also would appreciate an add to the OP.

Got an IP I can throw in the OP as well?

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

Rhymenoserous posted:

There was a big goon guild (Other than BMW) that goons were encouraged to join when getting on the server. This largely splintered as they pissed off BMW and the building projects were too drat big and indefensible and they got the poo poo kicked out of them. A few of us who have played survival games in the past have wandered off to do our own thing in new clans and are building in smarter, harder to raid and more remote locations. I can't speak for Tits who started our little splinter, but I'm pretty sure anyone wanting a clan to join on the somethingdongful server that isn't a member of BMW can hit us up. I'm Rhymenoserette in game.

Also I hope you are really good at jumping.

Honestly the more clans the better.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
EU server added

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

GoGoGadget posted:

This, along with 1x rates, is why I won't play on an official server. ARK had this very same problem and, to my knowledge, it was never solved. This game is especially susceptible to it seeing as human NPC spawns are static and can be blocked by a simple bedroll.

But killing pubbies on official brought the best tears. I think they eventually fixed it by making decay extremely fast for single foundations. Earth salting is definitely a valid strategy.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

YOTC posted:

So Stat points got a calculator that I stumbled upon when looking up if it was just offical 178 or all official servers that were crashing every 20 minutes. It's all of them.

https://zerapps.github.io/conan-stat-calculator/

Enjoy that.

Sweet adding it to the OP.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
The rest firstborn creeps upon you. I'll watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Also reinstalling ark right now

• Locked thread