Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Mods please merge all Japanese and Korean threads into this thread, as all are China, thank you for respecting our culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Jeez Haier, you better film Chinese people playing Tokyo bus driver, it could be the next best thing. gently caress that game was hard.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

BONGHITZ posted:

A little background, I'm a half Japanese/Chinese who was raised in America while my girlfriend is full Korean and has lived most of her life in South Korea and moved here during her early teens. She is proficient at English but I wouldn't say fluent as she still hangs around Korean friends/communities and doesn't really hang outside of that circle.

We've never known each other prior to dating as we were introduced by a mutual friend and we just hit it off from there. I've never once mentioned to her that I'm half Chinese because I never really had a appropriate time/situation to mention it to her and honestly I never thought that it would matter at all. She just assumed I'm Japanese since I can speak fluent Japanese and have a full Japanese name.

Just last week, we were eating out at a Korean bbq place and we were sitting accross the table to a Chinese family who was being a bit loud and rude to the waiters (but honestly given the busy vibe of the restaurant, it wasn't that bad imo). Immediately you could tell my girlfriend wasn't happy about the situation and said "ah do these people have any basic manners at all?". Then after about 30 minutes, the father of the chinese family faced towards our direction near our food and started coughing like no tomorrow without covering his mouth and than spat into one of the cups. You could tell at this point my girlfriend was quite pissed and made another remark saying "seriously, why are chinese people so fxxxing dirty, it's pissing me off, i seriously can't stand them". I was completely speechless and I had no idea what to say, instead I just kind of ignored what she said and changed the subject.

I always thought of her as an open minded person considering that I'm Japanese (if you didn't know, Japan and Korea don't have the best relations due to politics and history), but now I'm thinking it's because she's into anime/games so she might be more open minded about Japanese only. I feel really torn about this because she is the first girl I dated which I really feel like our personalities and interests/hobbies really match.

Being part Chinese is something I want to embrace with it's deep beautiful history/culture and isn't something I want to hide, I've always wanted to teach my future kids to be multilingual as I feel like Chinese is a very useful language as it's the most spoken in the world (even though i'm horrible at mandarin).

I don't know what to do from here on and how to approach this situation. Is this something we should break up over? Deep inside I want to say that she didn't mean those words and just said too much in that given situation, but at the same time she could really be racist as I know that the image of Chinese people isn't that good in Korea. Is there anyway I can salvage this relationship? I don't even know what to say as I've been thinking about this all week and it's been driving me absolutely crazy. I wish I would of just mentioned to her that I'm half chinese the moment we met.

tl;dr: Went to eat dinner with my girlfriend and sat across the table of a Chinese family. The Chinese family was a bit rude and did some gross things so my girlfriend said some racist remarks about Chinese people but she doesn't know that I'm half Chinese. Please help me, I don't know what to say/do.

must be fake posting on reddit, why would a Japanese date a s̶a̶n̶g̶o̶k̶u̶j̶i̶n̶ comfort woman!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, you better run egg (made from crushed shell, seaweed extract and a bouncy ball)

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Haier posted:

LOL, y'all act like you've never waited until she went to the bathroom so you could stuff the used condoms and clean-up tissues into your bag because you're worried she might try to stuff them up her cooch when you leave her house.

I walked 5km back home with them safely out of her 'gina.

Legit fear.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Korea belongs to China, Trump wills it!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Why is everything about Corea (Korea) and Koreans just utter nonsense?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Based on what Koreans friends and coworkers have told me (and my own, biased observations), Koreans have a bit of an inferiority complex, and it's actually well-deserved in a lot of cases. because of their history of colonization, a lot of native Korean inventions and developments, especially when it comes to technology, are either co-opted by the reigning culture or have simply been forgotten by most of the world. Moveable type, for example, was actually invented by Koreans. However, this feeling of inferiority/having been kicked around naturally elicits a nationalistic response, leading to people finding all sorts of loopholes to claim that Koreans invented everything. The same kind of people who genuinely believed the stuff in GF's post.

Definitely #NotAllKoreans, and not a uniquely Korean mental state, but it is sort of funny when they tell you something you know isn't true. For example, my coworker once bragged to me that Koreans invented chili peppers, when even the Kimchi Museum in Seoul doesn't make this claim.

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh god is that show just 100% mainlanders screaming?

Sometimes it's Indian people getting mad that they can't bring a months worth of food in.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Did this already get posted? Apologies in advance for Daily Mail link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4470470/Live-cats-inside-claw-machine-China.html

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

thats not bloody suprising mun

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Sukiyaki or bust. Man, thats an incredible manmade trash glacier.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

They're all run by NK and the waitresses are basically prisoners.

Every time I think about going to one, I remember that and I can't.

I went to the Pyongyang restaurant in Siem reap, the girls there were desperate for social interaction, while the older women yelled at us because we took a photo and video. It was really sad, you could tell they were prisoners.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Dumpling squad

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

that is a new take on those fake sandwiches

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Ha, reminds me of that Xavier renegade angel EP where the scientist enslaves whirlwinds

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not a fan of Japanese azuki bean stuff, but my Taiwanese neighbour made me these flat circle pastry things with red bean inside, holy poo poo they were good!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The difference over 15 years of smoking in Tokyo is pretty amazing, from tobacco clouds everywhere you go, to patrols on the street fining people for smoking outside the tiny vestibule designated. Even eliminating it from a lot of eateries, not all though.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Haier posted:

MAN IN CHINA SEES DRAGON IRL FOR REAL, OMG

Why is a western dragon flying in chinese wriggly worm dragons territory??

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

peanut posted:

The Australian I talked to the most was from Perth with British parents so it's hard for me to know what was Perth problems, what was England problems and what was General Australian Lies.

He was from Perth so it was probably all a lie.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Gromit posted:

Absolutely lied to. He probably said they had special parking for your kangaroo.

He said he had a job as a shooer, they shoo the koalas off the harbour bridge - and he was from Perth....

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

drat, I want a giant Mongolian wife.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

That video of the shipping container truck squashing cars, the original article claims that the four people affected were only slightly injured. hahahahah.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I'll never go back, I really reached boiling point last time shoving people around who cut in front of me etc.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

There is a sign near the Macau cathedral saying that Chinese invented the technology used in the creation of the cathedrals arches etc.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if designing the city to be like that has some kind of physics based repercussions where the pond in the middle becomes a massive garbage collection site moreso than the locals just dumping their crap. Galeforce wind formation etc.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Collateral Damage posted:

Don't they have braces in China?

Its from the drugs

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Tupperwarez posted:

Ice-T: "Yeah, it boosts athletic performance, but permanently disfigures your teeth. Kids are calling it Smashmouth."

Hey now, you're an all-star, get your game on, go play

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

That young master remake is terrible!

WarpedNaba posted:

It's like Anhk-Morpork, all that matters is that you have money. That you can be parted from. Quickly.

Save me own face dibbler

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jul 29, 2017

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Ein cooler Typ posted:

why don't they just give kids HGH to make them grow

don't need to, the genetically modified with human genome carp produce the HGH required for healthy child. hot carp good for healthy

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Why is poo poo/making GBS threads such a large part of Korean culture?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

There was a pro china rally in Sydney city lately, it was upsetting to see the cops remove the tibetans protesting it.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

McGavin posted:

Correct This Is The Way...
China Deserves It...

Get outta here India!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Plagiarised essay, gets failed, complains to faculty that they worked really hard on assignment, magically passes after Bob Carr gets angry.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Glenn Quebec posted:

Sorry wrong one.

Phone posting / Imgur is hard to use now and I'm deep in bloody marys.

At least cases for fortune 100 and 500 companies are easy to deal with since they'll give you the go ahead for most requests.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Lol if they think they can demand dowry, pay me to marry your unwanted daughter or gently caress off. Minimum ten goats.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Haier posted:

OMG, this guy is a FACE master! He should definitely come to China. Maybe this is why some buzzcuts can't give up the face train?

https://youtu.be/DOqb_UzJSUQ

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I wonder if that wierd white dude in Japan who is angry people try to talk to him on the street has ever considered shouting nihao at Japanese people.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

We will miss you Haier, have a safe trip etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

I'll have to get this printed on a pillow for the lonely two weeks.

• Locked thread