Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
While it's not Freep, this Twitter exchange embodies Freep so perfectly that I couldn't help but laugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

To: usafa92

As I have posted before, here in NH all you see are hitlery signs along with all the down ticket dems.
It’s going to be a blood bath for repubs in this state.

72 posted on 10/11/2016, 6:02:55 PM by CapnJack

That's weird - I'm also in NH, and all I see are Trump signs everywhere - I never see any Hillary signs, or even downticket Dem signs. And I'm not even in the boonies, I'm right on the MA border. I wonder where this guy is that seems to be a Dem pocket.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

Trump has exposed the GOPe as nothing more than an arm of the Democrat party, now Wikileaks is exposing some who pretend to be “conservative” to also be in bed with the Democrat.
23 posted on 10/17/2016, 6:31:36 AM by CIB-173RDABN

The way this is written makes me think of the propaganda that used to refer to "The Jew." :hitler:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
The other thing I'd love to see return is the "Republican Tears" Twitter feed. That was so beautiful, seeing all of the big GOP pundits and tcot's trying to continually work out the ever-shrinking paths to victory as election day rolled on, and eventually accepting their grim reality.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Starshark posted:

>sigh< Are the Freepers gearing up for war again?

To say "again" would imply that they ever stopped.

quote:

To: upchuck

If Hillary wins, 2016 would be our last free and open election. We’ll be done.

5 posted on 11/7/2016, 2:39:33 PM by linear (The Russians hacked my tagline!)

Remember how they said this in 2008? ... And again in 2012?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I love the one Freeper yelling about the 'stolen' NH race. Kelly Ayotte was a garbage Senator and nobody in the state liked her. Anyone who claims the race was stolen never spent any time here or ever spoke with literally anyone from the state.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
No discussion of overly-white names is complete without Bryce and Skyler getting involved.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Freepers: I am not good at four level chess

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

upsidedown posted:

Ah, that makes more sense. As a non-American I am more familiar with Sam's work in the brewing industry than as a statesman.

Living near Boston, I have on occasion been at a bar drinking a Sam Adams while looking out window at the grave of Sam Adams. :c00lbutt:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Karma Comedian posted:

Jfc $217/month for health insurance

That's half of what I pay!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
There's actually a Life Pro-Tip built into the "Press 1 for English" phone trees.

Usually most of the Spanish-speaking operators can also speak English, so if you 'accidentally' press 2 and get the Spanish line when calling someplace with a notoriously long wait for service, they can often help you anyway, and the hold time is a LOT shorter.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

To: springwater13
To the good ones out there in the FBI, get to it....exterminate, exterminate the progressive vermin.

Exterminate!

6 posted on 1/11/2019, 7:40:06 PM by Da Coyote
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

My god... it's happening. The transition is happening sooner than we thought! Somebody call the Doctor!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
But we always knew that Rascals couldn't climb stairs? :confused:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Freep-adjacent, but one of the Chuds I went to college with just posted again on Facebook that he's upset with the taxes in Connecticut and wants to move. He has 2 autistic kids and is a stay-at-home dad while his wife works as a nurse. He says he wants to move to, "A red state. Someplace that has good jobs, good schools, and good services for autism."

Sooo he wants to move somewhere that has low taxes and also the things that taxes pay for.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Oh I won't comment on his stuff myself, I like to stay under the radar so he doesn't suspect that I'm the person who keeps reporting him and getting him probated from FB for his racist posts. His fellow chuds are suggesting southern Indiana or Dallas. I just find it funny that his wife (a Democrat) is the only breadwinner in the family but he seems to think that he has the final say in whether or not they move, and where they'll go.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Minenfeld! posted:

Whereabouts in CT?

And what exactly is he complaining about? We actually try to provide reasonable social services. I work in them.

He's in Trumbull, and I think he's okay with the services he gets - his beef is with the amount he pays in taxes every year. He's been radicalized hard by the right and believes that every blue politician in CT is on the take, and the "unreasonably high" taxes on everything are simply to line their pockets. Just like the freepers, he likes to ignore the correlation between taxes and the services he gets for them as long as the Dems are in power.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
I doubt he'd actually move somewhere in the south because he loves snow. Despite being a climate change denier, he's a huge meteorology enthusiast, and that's what he was going to school for before dropping out because math is hard. Yes, he wanted to go to be a meteorologist while ignoring the American Meteorological Society's stance on climate. And yet he's not an anti-vaxxer, so he believes in science when it comes to vaccines because his wife is a nurse. But climate scientists specifically are definitely tricking people for their own profit?

He's definitely all-in on the Republican propaganda, but rather than being an outright racist, he's just a tribalist. In all aspects of life - politics, sports, video games, TV, etc, the things that he likes are the correct things, and anyone who likes other things or disagrees with him are wrong. He's in his 30s and still goes back and forth with his friends calling each other gay, and the 'insulting' nicknames for the football teams he doesn't like are mostly based on calling them girl names, like "The Dallas Cowgirls." But my favorite is the "Jokes (Jets)", because he has to clarify that he's talking about the Jets since the name is so pointless and uncreative.

He's been talking about moving to NH, where I live. No sales tax and no income tax along with it being the reddest state in the northeast has him salivating. But the violently high property tax would ensure that he'll single out the Democrats in state government saying it's their fault and complain about it anyway. The worst was when he wanted to move here and become a police officer. I was prepared to call/write to all of the local PDs warning them that if they hired this guy I would feel less safe in those communities. I think he failed out of the police training too though.

I also love that the other day he was complaining a former friend won't talk to him because he votes Republican. I really wanted to say, "Yes, it's definitely because you vote Republican, and certainly not because you're constantly filling your Facebook feed with insulting and hateful memes about everyone who doesn't."

Sorry for the long posts, I know I've spent way too much energy thinking about this guy, but I also know that calling him out on his poo poo accomplishes nothing. This thread has taught me not to touch the poop, even within my own FB feed, and his ignorance is just really irking me lately thanks to the whole Trumpist climate and I knew this thread could relate moreso than anywhere else.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Hahaha yeah severing is going to happen. I only kept him around this long because it was amusing to me to keep reporting him and getting him bans. But even that isn't worth it anymore.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

To: Kaslin

Dishonest headline. There is no evidence Forrest was ever even in the KKK much less a Grand Wizard. The US Congress investigated. He gave testimony and expressly denied it. He was never even charged with anything.

17 posted on 07/13/2019 11:48:07 AM PDT by FLT-bird
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

He was investigated, gave testimony, denied any wrongdoing, and was never charged. Therefore he was innocent.

So that means they believe Hillary was innocent too, right?

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

named Thomas

I'm a goddam disciple.

Doubtful. :v:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

To: JimSp
Where is your optimism? A target rich environment is a good time.

7 posted on 12/7/2019, 8:25:33 AM by Bulwyf
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Is... Is this guy literally advocating for shooting babies? :stare:

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
And when he won his marathons everyone would stand up and clap. And one of those people was the blue Force Ghost of Albert Einstein.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

quote:

To: Engedi
The whole Trump entourage and ensemble look pretty healthy. That’s one of the major reasons I voted for Trump. I would prefer to have to look at attractive healthy people each day than somebody who looked depressed and ill. So it was beyond my expectations that Trump would actually turn out so well. I don’t think anybody else in the public could give extemporaneous comic and insightful dialogue for over one hour — routinely. He’s not an average person.

81 posted on 10/2/2020, 10:37:01 AM by MikeHu
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

This is a solid method for making a choice on who will be driving national policy.

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

I think he thinks that 'finna' means 'gonna'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Well as far as we know, JimRob hasn't killed a domestic abuser, so SA has that going for it.