Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Trilas posted:

I agree in principle, but FR membership has been dwindling with every new Republican presumptive/nominee, as the dissidents are purged for supporting a RINO or attacking the One True Conservative. Banning FReepers that make specific, declarative, and incorrect statements would accelerate the site's death a thousandfold. Then who would we laugh at? I guess the alt right set up their own Twitter...

Freep already effectively has toxx clauses for any candidate that doesn't get the nomination, provided you're dumb enough to not pretend to have supported Our Guy all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

DemeaninDemon posted:

Soros is the spy movie villain that has endless resources and unlimited power to take down nations.

Prior to this year, he was countered only by his good guy counterparts, the Kochs, but now they are gopey rhinos and so all is lost.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Clearly they got to him and he is a secret homofascist atheist transmuslim.

E: Also, they seem incapable of conceiving of Somali Christians (they exist, if in small numbers) - not that it'd matter, really, whether they were talking about Somali Muslims or Somali Christians.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ooo, using a copyrighted image is a bad idea there. It'll unfortunately probably not get anywhere but legally speaking, that's a very clear case of copyright infringement.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Now let me tell you how regulation is Satan's work and carcinogens are a lie taught to you by the global-warming-controlled atheist scientific NWO.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I wonder if that guy realizes how much of the Torah is dedicated to laws requiring you give to the poor, leave things for the poor and so on. Leave the corners of your field, all debts forgiven after a certain number of years, etc.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

'Normalcy Bias.'

White's normal, right

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The OT matters or doesn't based entirely on if it supports what you already hate or want to do. See also quoting Leviticus on gay sex. Kashrut, charity to the poor being ordered by law or animal cruelty, those don't matter.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The worst part is some students just have to get used to it. I worked at a college library circulation desk last year and ran into some middle eastern kid who just had his night made by my being able to pronounce his name correctly the first time. I forget what it was, besides sounding Arabic and having an uvular fricative in the last name (the 'kh'/'ch' sound you find in Hebrew and Arabic). He just seemed so jazzed that someone finally got it right, asked me where I was from that I could actually pronounce it and all.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, I wonder why I keep having to make these jokes at such weird times of year.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Hillary represents climate change!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

SocketWrench posted:

By doing poo poo gently caress nothing, amazing.

Democrat while black, man.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They can't even agree if Trump won or Hillary cheated and screwed him.

Abuela just tore his heart out and showed it to him on live tv, man, it was great.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

WrenP-Complete posted:

I know nothing about this, and thought probably they both were given a list of possible questions beforehand. No?

They were given a list of announced topics and it was easy for them to guess what would be asked from that. Trump was just super unprepared.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He's not black or a woman, and he is a bully. That's all he has to be.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man, I am still jazzed from watching Sassy Grandma defeat Cheeto Man in mortal combat. The cycle of denial and rage is going so fast over there and it is loving hilarious.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I'm amazed how many of them managed to see through their personal reality blinders to see how badly Trump did last night, honestly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man. Why does anyone think Hillary needed the questions in advance? They were all obvious things to be asked, any debate prep at all would have been enough.

They also seem to have not noticed why Hillary was looking down at her podium sometimes when Trump spoke, because the cameras clearly got her, y'know, writing notes. She was taking notes on what he said.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite part of it though was Hillary throwing his words back at him repeatedly and him just going 'nuh uh, i didn't say that, nuh uh'.

Up to and including his team going back to try and delete the 'global warming is a Chinese hoax' tweet.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Huh, there were reports last night of people being unable to see or retweet it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Lester Holt, side note, is a registered Republican. Fun fact. He's just able to put it aside to run a solidly nonpartisan moderation. Or, well, try to, when not being interrupted by Trump.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In part the whole RINO/GOPe thing driving Tea Partiers to split with the Republican party despite always voting for them and in part the fact that voting drives are a big deal these days and college students, among other demographics affected by them, are much more likely to register Democratic, especially this year when a bunch of people registered for the primaries.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He lied down in the street, I guess.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think we should make some kind of hateful clip show of the best of Dale Reed. We will miss him!

Isn't that what is in the OP?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The Constitution binds him with golden bands and mystic signals when he tries.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

My iPad apparently doesn't know the word sigils.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Don't you throw Bill into that briar patch. Don't you do it!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

chitoryu12 posted:

Holy poo poo, a "blue collar billionaire". Even assuming Trump is a billionaire and hasn't been bullshitting for years, the guy went to private schools and got a loan from his dad bigger than most of us will ever see in our bank accounts. The guy's collar is white as the hoods worn by his supporters.

Yeah, but he's utterly classless and gross, so that makes him blue collar, right? Like Larry the Cable Guy! White collar people like opera and poo poo. Right?

Right?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I always love the 'persuasive argument' that it's true because it's the Word of God and we know that because it says it is. That kind of argument only works if you already accept the conclusion. I mean, come on, there's been more convincing theological arguments around for over a thousand years!

I mean, sure, I personally may find all of the ones I've heard so far flawed but they at least are intelligent.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Honestly, I kind of want at least one of them to break out Saint Anselm's ontological proof. That'd be new and entertaining.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

CommissarMega posted:

This is something that really gets me- why hold this view? Maybe it's because I'm one of the Mahometans they so dread, but I was taught that the story of Adam and Eve was to tell us that even God's favoured creations are not immune to the consequences of their actions.

"God gave man dominion over all of the Earth, so therefore anything we do with it is fine and dandy" is a common belief. There are some Protestant evangelical strains that believe in environmentalism as proper stewardship of God's Creation, but they're the exception due to the marriage in the 80s of evangelical religion and conservative politics.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

...there was a new wikileaks dump?

What does Russian intelligence want the world to know now?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Personally, I just want to know if this is all because Trump crossed a line for the Republicans or if it was a straw and camel's back situation.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There's been a lot going around on Twitter about Pence possibly quitting as the VP candidate. That's gonna be fun.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I look forward to Trump digging up the corpse of Vince Foster to bring to Debate #3.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, but he was a sinful, non-Christian Mormon. Trump's just sinful!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Part of that is selective memory, part luck. I am in CT, which would go blue even if no women at all voted, and I still see plenty of Trump signs, probably because they are so jarring around here that I always notice.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man, can you imagine the Times' staff after the lawsuit threat? I'm imagining giddy glee and celebration.

It'll be like the time Fox sued Al Franken, but even better.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Powder's still drying but no specific threats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

They are taught to believe in a strict Madonna/whore complex, in which a woman showing desire is automatically undesirable. And, y'know, vice versa.