Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Neito posted:

"SUCK GOD"?

That slogan would explain some of Elon's latest reply guys. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Vlaphor posted:

I don't want to view the poop in person, but I'm looking forward to hearing them whine about the abortion ban failing in Kansas nearly 2:1. I voted this morning around 8 and even then there was a line to vote, which I've never seen before around here.

For you, I do this thing.

Kansas voters voter to keep abortion rights enshrined in state constitution

First step: Denial

quote:

To: Trump20162020
26% reporting.

2 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:36:28 PM by posterchild

quote:

I’m really surprised Kansas is a red state what gives

5 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:40:40 PM by Sarah Barracuda

quote:

To: napscoordinator
The Kansas numbers make no sense.

More people voted in the GOP Primary than voted in the Democrat Primary and the No vote is winning by a large margin?

Where did all the No votes in Kansas come from because we know very few Republicans would have voted No?

83 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:50:19 PM by Round Earther

quote:

People are pretty stupid. The wording may have confused some.

10 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:42:38 PM by Romulus
THESE ARE YOUR PEOPLE, but then again Rom's not wrong so...

quote:

Incredibly sad. Expected in California or New York or Chicago (Illinois). But KANSAS???

15 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:50:06 PM by madprof98

quote:

These results cannot be right, they just cannot be right.

As it looks right now, far more people voted in the Republican Primary for Governor than voted in the Democrat Primary.

There is just no way, it is impossible that close to majority of GOP voters voted for abortion.

38 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:06:54 PM by Round Earther

Some people start to glean a shade of buyer's remorse

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda
I’m really surprised Kansas is a red state what gives?
You cannot strip away a half century old “right” without consequences. My guess is that the Republican wave is barely going to be a trickle.

27 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:59:36 PM by thegagline (Sic semper tyrannis )

quote:

To: fidelis
I’m not in Kansas, but my understanding was that there were two initiatives on the ballot there having to do with abortion, one of them not pro-life.
No. One initiative only concerning abortion.

This is a common tactic with the Left. That, and the confusing language on the real pro-life initiative probably left voters befuddled.

Leftist tactic? If you wanted to stack the deck in favor of changing the constitution to remove the abortion protections you could not have done better than Kansas did. Arrange to have the vote during the primary election, in a state where the primaries are closed and Republicans outnumber Democrats and independents would have nothing to vote for other than the referendum. Low turnout made up primarily of your base should have guaranteed a win for abortion opponents. Then came Dobbs...

37 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:06:14 PM by Lower Deck

quote:

“Protection”.

“Rights”.

LOL.

What feminazi Democrat was in charge of the wording of the ballot measure?

On the bright side this was voted upon in the primary instead of the general election in November, otherwise Democrats would have run the table. Are people still convinced that the abortion issue is some kind of big “winner” for Republicans this year?

But let’s not give up hope, this is just one state and you can’t infer much from the results on this issue in some far-left state like Kansas. Oh wait....

8 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:42:22 PM by PermaRag (We have SO many targets, and -- for now -- the means to see they get what they deserve.)

quote:

To: Leaning Right
The biggest take away from this is the sheer number voting. It’s going to double what a normal primary does. If this happens across the country in November. We’re absolutely done.

62 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:35:05 PM by napscoordinator (Trump/Hunter, jr for President/Vice President 2016 democratic )

quote:

Let’s face it. The turnout today in Kansas was driven solely by the abortion referendum. People who don’t think the Dobbs decision will motivate people to go to the polls in November may have to think again.

74 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:42:57 PM by Lower Deck

Gotta admit, good burn here

quote:

The counties large enough for people to be able to find sex partners are voting to leave abortion legal.

14 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:48:52 PM by babble-on

America Cowboy just has an indefatigably sunny disposition

quote:

To: napscoordinator
Republican canidates still outpolled Democrats.

80 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:45:34 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up!)

quote:

To: dfwgator
Hispanics tuning Red will open up districts that were unreachable before. The Karen’s have gone all in for Communism.

87 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:55:21 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up!)
However...

quote:

To: dfwgator
Almost no Hispanics in KA.

89 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:55:54 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up!)

quote:

To: Jim Noble
I did a deep dive of Congressonal redistricting. The Housr looks like 27 pickups at least. It’s the Senate that is very dicey.

110 posted on 8/2/2022, 11:46:20 PM by cowboyusa (America Cowboy up!)

Wait, Dan in Wichita has deciphered the issue: people voted!

quote:

To: Round Earther
Unaffiliated (i.e. independent) voters were allowed to vote in the primary. The only thing they could vote on was the abortion amendment. Apparently, a large percentage of them voted to retain abortion in Kansas. Really sad.

92 posted on 8/2/2022, 10:58:47 PM by Dan in Wichita

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

No RHINO blame? :Trumpsad:

Aww, buck up buddy.

quote:

To: nutmeg
Kansas is RINO heaven, and always has been.

119 posted on 8/3/2022, 12:15:48 AM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

quote:

To: Bayard
How rigorous was the pro-life advocacy in the state of Kansas?
Sounds like the usual lame effort we've come to expect from the GOPe.

95 posted on 8/2/2022, 11:01:26 PM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)

quote:

Kobach will probably lose too. Kansas is as nuts as Utah these days.

97 posted on 8/2/2022, 11:09:54 PM by montag813

quote:

To: Sarah Barracuda
Kansas is Republican but not too conservative.

16 posted on 8/2/2022, 9:50:43 PM by cotton1706

All better!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Freep response is their usual "This is Fort Sumter...it's Civil War" bleating, coupled with their decrying the fascist DOJ and calling for the liquidation of the FBI (and BATF for...reasons)

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Freep is angry that the IRS is going to wreck them . Other than minorities and non christo-nazis the IRS is freeps worst enemy.

Even though the IRS is completely loving biased towards low income families and people so freep should be stoked that they are going to ruin people of low incomes lives.

The reason it is, is that they didn't have the funding or manpower to go after the harder targets (the obscenely rich).

They do now. Be interesting to see what happens.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Freep: Forget about the anti-semite smears. They are there, and I think it is great.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

In addition to what other people have said about how IRS agents are hired and how some of them are qualified to carry firearms, right wing media is scaremongering about the IRS purchasing x amount of guns/bullets. I honestly don't know how much of that stuff the IRS normally buys, so I don't know if it's a significantly larger amount than usual, a slightly larger amount, or a normal amount.

None of them have done the math, either. They're thinking "87,000 armed agents!" but even if it's just 10,000 armed the amount of bullets purchased/10,000 = a few hundred per agent, and that certainly includes training rounds. So if they shoot a grand total of 20 clipazines during training for the year that'll account for almost all the allotted ammo. A regular duty load of one in the gun and 2 on the belt will take a chunk out of the remaining.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

quote:

To: Brookhaven

Everyone has a God Given right to Die in the street from stupidity and laziness. I can only hope it happens soon. My only moral obligation to society is to help load the dead bodies into the truck to go to the dump so they don’t stink up the neighborhood.

43 posted on 08/24/2022 8:54:20 AM PDT by eyeamok (founded in cynicism, wrapped in sarcasm)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

D...dale?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

I think drinking milk while listening to Taylor Swift was a thing for a bit.

Because nazis lack subtlety; you can never have too many white things.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Zwabu posted:

I love the guy talking about Wharton's strict admissions requirements and how Trump got in out of high school. Trump started out at Fordham or someplace and transferred into Wharton no doubt due to some generous daddy donation money. The Trump people have made a big deal about preventing any transcripts from his time there being released.

He also didn't attend the Wharton Business postgrad school. He went to the undergrad program. Which isn't nothing but its also not nearly as prestigious--though trump has no qualms about shrouding himself with that.

It's a con act, like everything else in his life.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Lord Hydronium posted:

Remind me how that story ends, again? :thunk:

They always forget that part that indeed, the Persians came and took them.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Consummate Professional posted:

Doesn’t China have a much more robust space program than us?

Not really. They're doing their own thing with their own space stations, but they don't have the diverse portfolio of missions that NASA does. Of course, NASA leans on SpaceX pretty hard these days for the garden variety GEO/LEO launch, so if you want to talk strictly "in house" then yes Chinese launch cadence wins out.

Of course, what NASA does, it does well, and the SLS is currently the heaviest lift vehicle out there, if also one of the most expensive.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

...did he just say "out of wedlock marriages" ?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Shugojin posted:

were we mad about that? i just remember thinking it was really funny

I wasn't mad at "omg the silver!" but rather that the dude just served cold mcdonald's to guests. Like, how loving cheap and low class are you?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Trump wouldn't have used his hotel because he couldn't bill it back to the government, and he's a cheap SOB. If he could bill it back he'd have closed the WH kitchen and just used the hotel with vastly marked up prices for all food.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Mitch + Bitch/biotch.

Truly scintillating wit.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

mobby_6kl just quoted this post from Shanghaied to the rightwing media thread but it's both 1) relevant to freep, and 2) hilarious, so I'm bringing it over here.

Apparently, Truth Social is now part of the Deep State.

Am I reading those notes on the right correctly? It was deemed OK at first before getting "escalated" on appeal?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

When Laura "Proud Islamophobe" Loomer comes out looking like the reasonable one it really shows you that Freepers have either figurative brainworms or literal ones like they pulled out of that Australian woman.

They believe the brainworms give them Authority.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The enemy of my enemy is... my friend? Not at Free Republic Dot Com, baby!!!

EXCLUSIVE Somali parents hoping for better life for their kids are now fighting 'woke' Minnesota schools teaching 'sexualized topics' and pushing pro-transgender books on their grade-school children that violates their religion

quote:

To: reasonisfaith
You don’t need some faceless “cabal” to understand Somalis were explicitly exported to Minneapolis because they are ruthless moon-god savages that the Norse people will eventually have had enough of.

55 posted on 12/11/2023, 6:00:35 AM by StAnDeliver (TrumpII)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Dope was slang for opium at least as far back as the 1800's during the Opium Wars. I don't know exactly when (probably sometime between the 1940's and 1960's), but "dope" somehow just became generic slang for most drugs.

Which makes it much worse slang because now you don't know specifically what someone is talking about when they say it. The greatest generation may have saved the world from fascism, but they really hosed up with their drug slang.

Well, they did give us "reefer madness"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

quote:

To: Yo-Yo
I loathed the Christians who were practically worshiping George W. Bush and everything about him. As if he were God's chosen and anointed. To not agree with GWB was to stand against God Himself, according to those people.

I pray that kind of delusion never happens to "Christian conservatives" again.
60 posted on 4/5/2024, 7:00:36 PM by Ciaphas Cain (Liberalism is a tyranny that MUST be overthrown.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

Oh, now THIS is rich. :allears: