Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lord Hydronium posted:

I mean, they're bad at the OT too, there's tons of stuff about treating refugees well and the whole Book of Job where people like them are the assholes who get told off.

Read Jonah someday. Besides the bit with the fish, it's basically a story about a racist rear end in a top hat getting called out on it by God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm fine going back if they actually did stop doing those donations. Last time they said they were and then someone looked and surprise, they were still sending the money!

Surprise, they didn't stop.

sexpig by night posted:

Lol they're just not even waiting a full day

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/pa75xg/chick-fil-a-cuts-donations-salvation-army-lgbtq

quote:

Chick-fil-A says it will now focus its charitable efforts in three areas: education, homelessness, and hunger. But when asked more specifically, it did not go so far as to say that it will no longer donate to organizations that oppose LGBTQ rights.

"No organization will be excluded from future consideration–faith-based or non-faith-based," Chick-fil-A President and COO Tim Tassopoulos said in a statement to VICE.

Like the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Salvation Army (which now hosts a pro-LGBTQ page on its website), Chick-fil-A has faced accusations of homophobia from LGBTQ advocates because of both its charitable donations and public comments made by the fast food chain’s executives. In 2012, the current CEO (then-COO) of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, triggered a massive controversy when he condemned same-sex marriage on a radio talk show.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say, ‘We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,’” he said. “I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Cathy’s comments followed a report that named the Cathy family and the Winshape Foundation—a charity started by the founder of Chick-Fil-A, S. Truett Cathy, and funded by the chain—as major donors to organizations that practice conversion therapy. The report and Cathy’s comments, which didn’t stop there, inspired boycotts against Chick-fil-A and counter-boycotts by those who supported Cathy’s message.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Can we please change this thread's stale old title? If we can't find something fresh in the middle of a pandemic that slaughters people in the Freeper age range, what does that say about is?

Freep: The Freeper Reaper Feature

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

PhallicPhalanges posted:

Fox News has been indoctrinating boomers for 20 years that Antifa are the real Nazis.

Though it is funny seeing them starting to go full Friends of Dorothy on antifa.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

“Jesus forgave my past sin which means I can UNLIMITED SIN and have the forgiveness retroactively applied” is a take of Christianity I haven’t heard before

This was the Catholic practice of selling indulgences in the Renaissance. :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Oh no the states that take more money than they put into federal taxes is not gonna be part of the federal tax system anymore. No please don’t stop

Florida's actually one of the very few states south of the Mason-Dixon that does put more into federal taxes than it takes.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DarklyDreaming posted:

On any other right-wing website I'd assume this attitude was from Southern evangelicals raised on Chick Tracts and thinly veiled pro-segregationist sermons, but it would not surprise me in the least if it was entirely because Biden is Catholic :v:

This is reddit so I'm assuming atheist libertarians are a big part of it.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kavak posted:

A woman whining to a reporter about how she got maced trying to get into the Capitol. When asked why, she says "Yeah we're storming the Capitol, it's a revolution!"

"I got two steps inside the Capitol and they pushed me over and maced me!"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Xiahou Dun posted:

Wait. Was that literally a comment about AOC's tits? That's what we're debating now?

One of the guys who plotted to attack and execute Biden and Harris on national television explicitly included raping Harris on camera in his plans.

Chuds really want to put uppity women 'in their place.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Willatron posted:

They definitely turned it into something else, but I'm not sure making "I suck poo poo at getting laid" part of your whole identity is something I'd consider a positive for self-esteem regardless of who coined the term.

It wasn't, but it originally described something very different: there literally being no one of your orientation where you are. It was coined by a gay woman living in a small town where there simply were no other queer women. In its original use, it didn't mean "I suck poo poo at getting laid" but "There is literally no one of the gender I desire who desires my gender."