Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

Too easy:

"If they're not ready to fight for (my vision of) REAL American values, then they're just godless commie libtards and deserve everything they get."

Snowman Crossing posted:

as soon as your insulin supply runs out you die

That's what I latch onto here. What does a civil war in the modern United States look like? How will it affect supplies for civilians? I reckon most of the hawks who want it won't live to see the end of it, because all of the medicine they depend on will suddenly be worth more than gold, and paranoid old fucks hoarding guns would be like a buffet for any partisan forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

sheep-dodger posted:

I think you'll find that the complete lack of any mainstream reporting on this insidious threat just shows how clever the (((globalists))) really at pushing through their agenda and how much the lamestream media is supporting them.
:freep:

Realtalk: I'm honestly kinda surprised that freepers didn't seem to be at the unite the right rally. Standing around with guns and intimidating minorities keeping the peace while celebrating white supremacy heritage seems like it would be right up their alley.

A fat old white guy on a rascal scooter with a gun is more comical than intimidating, I think.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

Jesus Camp keeps coming to mind where they worshipped a cardboard dubya

:ironicat: Idolatry you say?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

RagnarokAngel posted:

They don't use google, Bing is the true American search engine.

I think they might still be using AlteVista, Yahoo, or Lycos (?) on whatever backwards rear end web browser has remained ideologically pure over the past three decades.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Whereas it's way harder to explain why an enormous covert bureaucracy would be spending hundreds of man-hours per year and devoting top-tier high tech equipment to harass a middle-aged housewife in a small town in Ohio.

This entirely depends on how many clickbait ads you've read today.

Goons hate her.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

BarbarianElephant posted:

So, better in *that* way, but also worse, because Google does not have security clearance.

If HITLARy had used gmail we would have certainly found her pedophile pizza parlors and Bengazi kill orders.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

Some conservative columnists would call him Barry Soetoro because he went by Barry instead of Barack at some point and his mother was married to a guy with the last name Soetoro and sometimes people would assume he and his mom and stepdad shared a last name.

Uh I mean, he has a secret identity that he doesn't want us to know about, who is this Barry Soetoro and what is he hiding I'm just asking questions here, but he was obviously a terrorist.

Soetoro sounds like Sodomy and furthermore :freep:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

SocketWrench posted:

That, that sounds like a really good idea. Government shutdown worked so well last time.

Oh, but we're going one better this time. We're going to give emergency powers to the Supreme Chancellor President.

I'm sure he'll give them back once this crisis has ended.

Positive.

There wasn't a whole sci-fi franchise made around why this is a bad idea.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

It'd be funny, because if their court is anything like the SCOTUS, they might just refuse to hear the case because "why the gently caress are you bothering us when this has only come to one lower court? Call me back when two federal circuits disagree. loving losers."

At least if I remember my conlaw right. They can look at it and go, "nah, there's no reason to get involved here."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Prism posted:

Our court is not laid out like SCOTUS and we don't have multi-state circuits like you do.

In an extremely basic summary, a provincial supreme court's ruling can be taken to the (same province's) court of appeal - the BCCA, or the Court of Appeal of British Columbia in this case. It is possible to appeal a ruling from the BCCA to the Supreme Court of Canada, but the Canadian Supreme Court is not obliged to actually take it up unless it's a nationwide concern or an actual area of unsettled law; they can otherwise just say 'no, go away, the provincial Court of Appeal ruling stands'. Whether someone is allowed to petition for an appeal is usually decided by a small panel of Supreme Court judges (I think it is three?) but is guaranteed in some cases. In this case I would assume they would take it up since it's an area of unsettled law, but it would go to the BCCA first.

The other thing the Supreme Court of Canada can do is answer a question from the federal Cabinet about whether a thing is legal, if they're asked.

As far as the concept of certiorari goes, this sounds pretty close to what I remember of the U.S. system. The structuring of the court may be different, but the grounds on which it chooses cases seems pretty similar.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Uncle Ulty posted:

Oh I won't comment on his stuff myself, I like to stay under the radar so he doesn't suspect that I'm the person who keeps reporting him and getting him probated from FB for his racist posts. His fellow chuds are suggesting southern Indiana or Dallas. I just find it funny that his wife (a Democrat) is the only breadwinner in the family but he seems to think that he has the final say in whether or not they move, and where they'll go.

Does it only count for the state level? Because Dallas is a blue square in a sea of red. (As major cities tend to be.)

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Mantis42 posted:

You're gonna feel silly when the War with Iran turns the Persian Gulf into a mass graveyard of American ships and planes while me and my Space Force buds kick back and have some brewskies watching the Earthrise on the Sea of Tranquility.

Not gonna be the guy dropping rods from God Trump?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Jurgan posted:

Well, one of the Republican congressmen basically said "I thought innocent until proven guilty was the law, so how can he be not exonerated if you didn't charge him?" My guess is that will be the line.

An increasingly exasperated Muller saying that it is not his job to charge Trump and that the Justice Department can't even legally indict a sitting president is a big loving mood if I've ever seen one. It's like a random store clerk trying to explain to a lovely customer that they don't set the prices.

Congress is trying to hedge itself on the choice of whether to impeach or not by trying to get Muller to make the decision. Which isn't remotely how the process is supposed to work, but these are the times we live in I guess. I feel sorry for Muller.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Also, impeachment isn't something that's up to the citizens. You don't take a general vote on impeachment. It's a process done entirely by Congress. If you're not impeaching because the Republicans will rally around Trump and defend him, you may as well throw in the towel and give them full control of the country because clearly you don't care enough about following your duty.

It's all misplaced political concerns for sitting Democrats. They think a failed impeachment would make them look bad, when in reality the country is polarized enough that most people aren't going to move a muscle if impeachment fails.

They probably also think they can just wait out the next year and Blue Wave the 2020 election. Which... ok. We saw how well that worked before.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Khizan posted:

I feel like it's more that they are sure that they could not get an impeachment vote through the Senate, so they're worried about a failed impeachment looking like an exoneration and that affecting the vote.

That is, IMO, a bunch of bullshit. The lines are pretty clearly drawn and I doubt there are a signfiicant amount of anti-Trump voters who would be swayed to his side by a failed impeachment. Right now it's more important to show that they're willing to put up a loving fight and they're absolutely failing at that.

I stopped just short of writing that theory because I came to the same conclusion you did; it's a horseshit reason.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

"cradle of freedom" was just the right cut of lunacy I needed to push me through the workday. Thanks!

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Keeshhound posted:

You're forgetting "I should have voted for Hillary." Trump has been a fascinating time for freep because he keeps doing poo poo that pisses them off, and they can't handle it any way except declaring him to be the Antichrist, then memory holing everything so we can start all over again.

I thought we were in peak doublethink era where Trump is simultaneously the antichrist whenever he does something wrong and God's Anointed/Jesus Made Flesh at all other times?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Biscats n Gravy posted:

Makes sense.

Also how is that forum still going? It's even deader, gayer, and more web 1.0 then even here. And not even in the good and fun way. It's baffling that it still exists. It's like hearing about FARK in the year of our lowtax 2019.

That which is dead may never die.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

:lol: go deepthroat that boot a little more.

Jesus, this is just pathetic that you would get upset that none of ARE TR00PZ are talking heads. Really the worst generation.

I mean, these relics grew up when most (young) news anchors would have had to serve in WWII or Korea, when the rate of military service was still incredibly high across all demographics.

Of course fewer news anchors today will have been members of the military--most journalists don't get their experience from the military, and most Americans don't join the military. That's just statistics.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I started following this thread again a couple months back but...

It's not the same as it was pre-2016. Things have gone so sideways that what once was funny to laugh at as a sort of caricature is now bland and tasteless because that's exactly with a significant portion of main stream conservatives believe.

Aside from the awful implications elsewhere, it makes me kinda sad. Like bland chicken.

:sigh: Thanks for reading my E/N post about old racists on the internet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Says in the Bible that whenever there's three or more Christians present then you're in Church and the idea that Church only happens when some guys in hats enter a building and sing was a lie invented by the Pope, who worships Ba'al. And that's why we have to kick out all the non-Christians including most Christians so that we're always in Church.

It also says not to make a show of your faith, and these chucklefucks are so far across that line they've lapped the planet.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:yeshaha:

God I needed this today. Sometimes Freep is depressing, but other times it is invigorating.

Freep is a land of contrasts.

quote:

To: pepsi_junkie
"It won’t be enough."
It never is with the left - CFA will have to specifically donate to homosexual advocacy groups.

And that won't even be enough - they will also have to denounce the Bible as a tool of white/male privilege.

And that won't even be enough - the CFA Board of Directors will have to all commit to have a homosexual relationship....

18 posted on 11/18/2019, 9:54:09 AM by Psalm 73 ("I will now proceed to entangle the entire area".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]
:gizz:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

skaboomizzy posted:

It's been covered, but I'm lollin at the thought of a freeper going to Popeye's. Is KFC not racist enough for them now?

I'm surprised they go to either given the racist stereotypes they buy into.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

predicto posted:

Who cares, we've got chicken battles to wage here!

(and the best fried chicken is at Harold's The Fired Chicken King in the South Side of Chicago, not least because Harold himself used to drive a Cadillac with a huge chicken head and tail on it

now that I have gotten my 2 cents in lets end this derail)

Please tell me the place is still open and please tell me the car still exists.

My go to place has been Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken. They're apparently all over Ohio and Kentucky, but I live by two of the 6 locations in Michigan. They can be a bit hit or miss depending on the time of day, but I've never seen the one on my commute not have a line around the building.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

quote:

To: exDemMom
You have to be a POS as a human being to try and ruin family holidays.

68 posted on 11/29/2019, 7:33:02 PM by KC_Conspirator

Without a shred of irony. :allears:

Thank you for your service Fathis Munk. :patriot:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why do they even post? Every reply articulates the same sentiment. They’re never happy. Trump is in power and is killing children in concentration camps and still they wail as if the world is ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-MP_yOHiV0

More applicable to the alt-right, which despite sharing the same views Freep is highly disconnected from, but the same principle should apply.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

The poor train collector had me feeling very :smith:

Fantastic article.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

God drat. I need a smoke.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rural billboards in Michigan still get pretty right wing moralist. Bonus points if you spot them within five miles of a sex shop/peep show.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rape Stink posted:

I had one of these pro life billboards near me outside of Philly on business rt 1. Some teenagers drew a big dick on the fetus with a word balloon exclaiming "suck my dick!!"

Praxis.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

SARS 2 is a pretty lovely bioweapon imo.

Those dastardly terrorists are going to bring the world to its knees with...

*checks notes on symptoms*

The common cold?

Seriously, is that what this thing does? It's a bad cold? Because that's what information from the BBC makes it look like.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It is literally a cold virus but it can kill people. If you're an average aged goon you're probably not at much risk but the economic effects are going to be real. Not to mention a miniscule death rate for non-olds still means a bunch of people die when huge numbers are exposed.

I mean a regular cold virus can kill people with the right cocktail of comorbidities. I know saying reaction to this thing isn't rational is just the last vestiges of a neoliberal education screaming out their death rattle (and a bit of stats brain poisoning), but jfc.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

You love to see it.

How many times in the past have they fractured and required purges? They've gotta be running out of people to Old Yeller.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Most of this thread is kind of boring but this post in particular is amazing

Flubros! Day 12 (Flubros/bras only)

Dipping my fingers in poo poo to own the libs

:eyepop:

That's a lot of words to say "I stuck my hand in portajohn goop."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

Look at the brains on this guy.

I guess Boris Johnson is doing alright if he can post on freep from the ICU. Though with a British PM is doing on freep is anyone's guess.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

McGlockenshire posted:

The Secretary of the Navy resigned, so I popped over to freep to find they hadn't heard yet.

Instead I found Quarantining the healthy? Why?, a vanity thread posted by freeper Swordmaker

The thread itself is pretty boring, but about half the replies agree. The other half are "because people that don't have symptoms can still spread it, you idiot."

Someone hit him with, "so how do you manage to get all of the sick? How do you make sure one doesn't slip through to continue compromising the healthy population?"

Don't give them the answer, just let them work their way to the grim fascist outcome.

Disclaimer: I am in no way suggesting anyone touch the poop. Merely making a rhetorical statement.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

quote:

BUT during the Spanish flu they learned that patients treated in the open air and sunlight improved survival by as much as 50%.

Yes, it was definitely the sunlight. Not the fact that patients weren't being kept in an enclosed space with contaminated air circulating around ad infinium.

I love it when people confuse "accidentally did something right" with "ancient wisdom."

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

This is sort of what I expect. The implied "never believe women" but "the left" should be held to standard where "the left" has to believe women, even though they are lying, because they say to believe women. Therefore Kavanaugh did nothing wrong yet Biden should be considered a rapist.

Just going, "Oh, you attacked our guy on allegations, but yours gets to run for president?" is enough hammer and chisel to go at the Democratic party, and I'm certain the RNC is already writing doctrines on this. They can even give their own opinion on it being "fake," but the mere fact of being called out about it will help schism the party further. It's "you go high, we'll go low" doctrine but outloud instead of implied, which is fitting for 2020.

My electioneering credentials? A No Joe gangtag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

"Why don't they flip burgers at McDonalds?" was dumb at the best of times, but when every single McDonald's in the country is closed...

Nah, it's still regular dumb. I know at least in Michigan you can roll through McD for a big mac. I've definitely seen ridiculous drive-through lines at lunch.

It's just the normal circular logic "why not flip burgers" "burger flipping is for teenagers, get a real job" bullshit.