Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Some knew to keep their heads down and turned on Cruz as a fake conservative.

thing is, if trump loses, or loses very badly. most will go back to cruz. Cruz and his lovely hangers on(s.king,gohmert,lee,bunch of others) are the most right wing and lovely the GOP had before trump came in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zwabu posted:

There must be something going around in either right wing radio or other media about how Hillary is losing the black vote because I've heard this from at least two or three different places in the last week or so. I'm not sure there's any objective evidence behind this at all, in fact I thought all polls were pretty much showing Hillary with even higher levels of support among black voters than even Obama had, but eh that would never stop Freep.

basically, she is not quite as high as obama was in the turnout guess for some black areas or something like that.
also all freep does is poo poo on black people(and other non wasps) so it amuses me that they think the blacks will come to them. sure some extreamly socialy conservative ones vote GOP because in a theocracy they might be better treated, but thats about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

They're so angry about everything.

its because they are sad lonely old fucks who will probably be dead in the next 20 years. all they have is impotent rage. and too be overly judegmental, i am sure a few freepers stood with wallace and friends.

McGlockenshire posted:

From Frustrated, Armed With Ropes, Activist Group Plans to Pull Down Andrew Jackson Monument posted by freeper brucedickinson

Now, that's what was posted in the excerpt on freep. The full article goes into a bit more detail. To make it clear, this and other statues seem to be destined for the dustbin.

You stay classy, New Orleans.

I'm sure fr-:stare:

Something tells me freeper dp0622 only learned about gradeschool mythical Columbus.

Good question. We should all know our history, and this is important. Black Africans sold other black Africans into slavery. Facts are stubborn things. Facts can interfere with the half baked narratives which agitators and activists spew out.

10 posted on 9/16/2016, 7:13:15 PM by Dilbert San Diego

They're not even hiding it.

:psyduck:

American social justice types could dedicate themselves to freeing modern slaves. If they did, they might have some actual virtue to signal. But that will never happen.

22 posted on 9/16/2016, 7:49:20 PM by TChad[/quote]

Chances are that freepers have never at any point heard the phrase "virtue signalling" before. I'd show them this, but I don't think they'd get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAmM872874A
(NSFW for naughty words and risque Kamen Rider figurine poses.)

I hope you enjoyed that little palate cleanser.

:psyboom:
[/quote]
like this. they are sad bitter bigots who know alot of the stuff the believe in are going out the window. sure they will probaly replaced by the alt-right but they were OG bigots, so they are pissed about that too.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

FMguru posted:

This is a preview of what they're going to be saying about Trump in a few years.

maybe but they hate W because W is trying to be a human being and trying to be like carter in his own. do i forgive him for all the horrible poo poo, gently caress no. but freep is mad because W is trying to do good/kind acts and poo poo. trump is never going to do poo poo like that. he will be a bitter rear end in a top hat and probably try to drag poo poo out if he loses because "they cheated" and will be a loud fuckhead for the rest of his days. just like freepers are.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

DarklyDreaming posted:

One potential scenario: It's the end of the 2024/8 primary election, and the presumptive Republican nominee has emerged to popular applause at an uneventful convention. Trump tweets (Assuming they haven't banned him once and for all after he stops being president) "X is a LOSER he'll compromise with antifa and let the dems take your guns away. Shoulda let me have 4 more years!!!!"

When that happens any freepers who are still alive will finally disavow him

who knows. The GOP wont die, but i think their is gonna be some power struggles and "soul searching" and such if trump loses and loses badly. they kicked the can about as far as its gonna go now that they had king piss and he has basicaly made the GOP unpalatable for most people under 50 or 40. they are gonna have to move beyond their dying base by either going center or picking a direction on the right. we will see i guess.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

After 100 Years of Women Voting, All Votes Are in Peril

Service guarantees citizenship!

In the entire thread there is literally only one single reply that is not in favor of abolishing or restricting women's access to the vote. Here it is.

this shits genuinly pathetic. this is more reactionary then some of the loving puritans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Let's see some updates to that thread

We're up to two, count em, two posts in favor of women's sufferage!

the one with the trans slur just tells me what most of us have always know, they are jealous of the Wahhabism assholes. they want to be able to drive around and rape and kill whoever doesn't fit their pathetic world view. gently caress em all. glad these miserable fucks are lonely.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VitalSigns posted:

lmaooooooooooooooo

"whoa whoa hey guys guys, I just read Sharia law and how it's practiced in Saudi and it sounds great! Women are subservient, gays get murdered, honor killings for loose women, what's not to love?"

yeah we knew you guys would like it if you looked past the skin color of the people promoting it, we progressives have been telling you that since 9/11!

yep. the view islam as competition for their hosed up world view more than an actual threat. they are all blaskowitz's dad from TNC. bitter old fuckers who will sell anyone out to the reationary monsters because at least "they will suffer more". like this guy is so loving pathetic and spiteful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJRVRx66GI

honestly hope this man gets covid.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Aug 13, 2020

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Donald Trump called dead US soldiers 'suckers' and 'losers', report claims

Actually this is something Trump would say!

Dissent in the ranks!

They really loving hate John McCain

its facinating how they are basically fine with what he said and probably believe it. also loving lol at the french joke, like really assholes. its been almost 20 years since that lovely joke started. only the british are allowed to say that joke.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Scratch Monkey posted:

That joke started in 1940?

sure but the chuds are using it because it went into their brains from 2004.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

King Hussein Obama I, flanked by his bodyguards, stepped out of his blinged Limoscalade and marched up the gold-lined marble steps of Washington Palace. It should have been a glorious day, yet under his heavy yet exquisite crown of carved human fetus-ivory his brow was ridged deeply as he silently brooded. Still, his posse, boomboxes on their shoulders, dance-walked up the steps, chains and gats jangling over the din as they grabbed their crotches.

As his trusted associates T-Von and Mook-Mook the Bushman pushed open the grand organic farm-grown cruelty-free redwood doors paid for by his 95% tax rate, he stepped into the antechamber of the gold-domed palace. Outside, ShariaVentalism reigned, but in here his word was law, and all his white teen sex slaves cowered before his glare more than even the hemp whips of their latte-drinking tweeded atheist masters.

He walked down the hallway toward his office and a prisoner in chains passed before him, lead by two turban-wearing Mexicans. He spotted the King and began shouting curses.

"You loving fascist! I knew it! I knew it! I told them, but they wouldn't listen, that your health care platform was a slippery slope to all this! You won't get away with this! The will of the Free Market will not be denied!"
"Seelenceo een the prezence of the Keeng, preesoner!"

King Obama spotted a chance to improve his ill mood.

"Bring him here. Good. Give me his file." The king looked over the prisoner's dossier. A long list of crimes against the state, and a repeat offender.
"You'll never get away with this! Never!"
"Hush now, Mr. Jack. We have ways of dealing with unruly sorts such as yourself."
"Praise be to Allah, seenyor."
"Peh! I spit at your torture! The Free Market gives me strength!"
"Oh, no, not anything as gauche as that."

The King grabbed a syringe from the outstretched hand of one of his nearby breakdancing bodyguards, and plunged it into the man's helpless neck.

"Now you are immune to rubella."

Kyle's lingering, echoing screams of tormented horror brought a slight smile like a crack in Obama's stony brown face as he walked into his lavish velvet-lined office and shut the door behind him. He motioned for his bodyguards to leave the room, and he addressed the giant screens hanging over his desk.

"Screen one on. Connect to Emperor bin Laden of Eurabia. Screen two: Hugo Chavez of the U.S.S.A.R.. Screen three: The High Elder of Zion."

The three figures appeared live via satelite.

"Gentlemen," began Obama darkly, "it's time to have...a conversation."

mook-mook the bushman always gets me for some reason.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

I'm more worried about some under 25 dipshit like another Rittenhouse going on another murder spree. Freep doesn't worry me, but the children of Freepers and the alt right pipeline does.

i am more worried about that and or a bunch of these assholes(young nazis or chud boomers) trying to shoot up a voting place/state office/etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

Okay, wow I legit did not expect Freep of all places to say that was a W for Biden. More people here thought Biden lost.

ehh. a loud minority thinks he lost because he isnt their preferred canidate(he isnt mine either but can't change that now)/not progressive enough/etc. whatever. I think biden could have done a little better and he was a little rough for the first 20 min but than he was fine. trump was loving awful the whole time, it probably wont happen, but i wouldnt be shocked if conservatives and some chuds use this as a "well, not gonna vote this year" excuse.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Grimdude posted:

This.

You REALLY feel it looking through the debate thread in CSPAM. People tripping over themselves to talk about how poorly Biden was doing. When by all accounts, Trump has literally caused the worst debate in history to occur. (Along with Chris Wallace)

like i agree with a bunch of points frcm folks in CSPAM but loving christ, trumps a much worse option than biden AND the majority in the country like him so far. genuinly sucks bernie didnt win but i like to think he is our goldwater. just don't gon on GE or any of that stuff and you will feel better.

anyway on topic. yeah trump was way way worse than i thought he would be and i think it shows that even my chud uncle and freepers see that too, and apparently some of the trump reddits.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ok, this one is legitimately funny.
[/quote]

i am amused how much worse they have gotten since i last read this thread. i remeber they used to at least dog whistle poo poo a bit more even with trump in power, guess they just don't care anymore since they are at youngest 55 or years old and they know they are alone and angry.

RagnarokAngel posted:

My initial reading was "Oh they're saying liberals will defend Islam no matter what"

Then I realized "ah, no, that's not it."

yeah. i am amused that some of them are sorta realizing that they have more in common with the Wahhabist assholes then many Americans.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Freep discussing the most pressing issue of the day *checks notes* guitars in church

Does ‘A Guy With a Guitar’ Really Improve Church Worship?

lol, these fuckers are so bitter is depressing. like yeah, personally, i am wierdly old fashioned with church music and poo poo, i like the older style hyms than new poo poo but who cares if someone plays stuff on a guitar or some poo poo

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Freepers: Church should let us scream at younger people about how awful they are and should be a grueling hour of suffering for them!

Also Freepers: Churches in America are slowly dying as younger generations spurn organized religion, what is wrong with young people?

I just can’t imagine being a person whose stance on any activity is “It should be painful, boring, and unfulfilling” like a Freeper

yeah like thats the hosed up thing. i am not a believer really but my gf is and she gets enjoyment and fulfillment from watching/going to services. like even my conservative catholic relatives/friends of family get enjoyment and use the church as social functions. these assholes just go as some hosed up obligation and how its weird social penance. like i understand folks who want worship to be ritualistic/solem/awesome but thats not even what they want.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

pseudanonymous posted:

I've literally never understood the logic of "God so loved the world that he made it so that people would commit original sin and thus be condemned so he could send his only son to die in torture to redeem people" it reeks of Munchausen by proxy.

idk, Christianity and by extension Abrahamic faith in general is loving weird when you actually think about it or read into the history of it. if i remember God is just a survivor of a much older pantheon but gods sect forced the others out or some poo poo. idk i read alot of christian history and alot of it is dudes killing each other over small doctrinal differences and or making their headcanon real canon after they screamed enough about it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Nitrousoxide posted:

Jesus dying is actually a convoluted way for Yahweh to get out of the original contract with the Israelites. Under Jewish law the covenant between God and the Israelites could only be broken by the death of either party. Since the Israelites were a whole society it would require eliminating every single one of them so God just had himself killed in a clever fake suicide to avoid his debt collectors and get out of his covenant.

I’m not meming by the way this is the actual reasoning for why God’s death was required.

its also convoluted because early early Christianity was basicaly just a weird jewish sect but Paul and others wanted to go beyond Judaism since it didnt get any traction there so alot of the later stuff is focused on roman/hellnistic jews/gentile audience in general.

DarkCrawler posted:

The Bible is basically a manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath who let their hippie son contribute four chapters in it.

its more like the hippie son wrote the same chapter 4 times with but with different intentions and meanings and recuts and the rest are said sons fanboys talking about early church doctrine or humble bragging about poo poo.

Sir Tonk posted:

i love how they hate literally everything

same. its loving weird as poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

Eh, I get the vibe from rabbis I follow on twitter, that that's a very Christian take on things, especially since Christians don't typically read the 1000s of years worth of addendum texts, and act like the religion hasn't changed at all in the 2000 years since Jesus.

i mean the old testament is a bunch of rewritten Jewish texts(i know the first few make up the torah and etc, but i dont know dick about Judaism or its texts, sorry :( ) and the bible is different depending on your denomination and etc. most of the old testaments are just histories(the way history was told back then) and proverbs and sayings and predictions and poo poo. than the new testment is 4 seperate jesus narratives plus paul jerking off and humble bragging and than revelations was stuck on at the end by the councils because they wanted a giant bang ending and some dudes acid trip about a roman emperor was just the thing.

Sir Tonk posted:

youre pretty much excactly describing the right wing book world

probably, i dont read them. gently caress i dont read many "current event" politics books outside rick perlstein's tomes of depression.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Civilized Fishbot posted:

This is stupid, the bedrock texts of the Jewish literary tradition are not the "manifesto of a complete genocidal psychopath." I don't think anyone here would approve of this outrageous slander if it were applied to a book of Native American mythology, ancient Pagan myths, or even the Quran - then they'd recognize it as lazy, hateful reductionism of the kind you might read on Free Republic.

Yeah exactly. "God is evil in the Old Testament and nice in the New Testament" is a Christian gnostic/supersessionist idea that doesn't survive actual engagement with the nuances of either text. It's lazy, edgy, and only makes sense if you assume that Jews were stupid savages for thousands of years, worshipping a god of pure bloodthirsty like a tribal caricature out of Indiana Jones. To really believe it you have to be either antisemitic (Jews are savages) or delusional about the past (people who lived in the Bronze and Iron Ages were savages).

God is not an angel of rainbows and butterflies in the Hebrew Bible (nor in the Christian Bible). Nor is God a demon of fire and fury. He is rainbows and butterflies and fire and fury and more, befitting the beauty and disaster of life as the Hebrew Bible's authors experienced it:

good post. yeah. its also helps when you realize alot of the stories are meant to be histories and this was obviously before Von ranke ideals of writing history so its mostly just telling a good story, so of course God shows up and does massive cool poo poo and we gently caress everyone up etc. your not supposed to take all the books as full truth. even when they were written. its the lessons that matter and etc. least thats what i was taught from various books and poo poo. then again i have only read the old testament stuff which takes different angles from the actual jewish writing i believe. idk

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Feb 7, 2021

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah if you were to go to a bookstore and grab a random English bible and random English tanakh the text is more or less the same, outside of translation differences. The differences are really petty stuff, like one has honour your father” and “honour your mother” as separate commandments and “do not bear false witness against your neighbour or covet their possessions” as a single commandment and vice versa. Also christians tend to say “thou shalt not kill” while Jews say “thou shalt not murder”, kind of an important distinction

yeah sorry. was dumb of me. i guess i mean different interpratations and different books are in different places or added/subtracted but thats bibles all over in general.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jagged Jim posted:

2021 Super Bowl Kicks Off With ‘Black National Anthem’

Your daily reminder that liberals are the real racists.

:dadjoke:

They're also mad about the halftime show! :)

They were also very confused by the guys wearing masks.

These folks with their hippen and their hoppen! :bahgawd:

they sound like my step grandma who i rarely see because she got visibly angry and upset because black dude was in commercial coming outside to see a blimp or some poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It must be miserable being a Freeper. Everything you do in life is coached in terms of how much you hate it.

That seems to be a recurring theme with boomers as a whole, tho. Marriage, kids, family, vacations, entertainment. Everything is just another needle to be stuck into you, not something to be enjoyed.

I just can’t imagine a life like that. If I ever feel like I’m letting misery take hold I go to a local nature preserve and just aimlessly walk around. The world has a pretty great way of showing you there’s happiness in even the most basic of things and I don’t know how an entire generation has somehow either never learned that or chosen to forget it.

i see it else where outside the weird freep/chud zones but those folks are mostly just weird twitter types who break their own brains for various reasons but those folks at least have lives(probably) outside of that stuff. these guys are just lonely and they let the hate hollow them out. they are weird lonely olds who have nothing left but their awful politics.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They keep saying “the video” but there is a ton of videos because they filmed their coup attempt. Including video that shows pretty clearly how the capitol cop fired a ton of warning shots and very deliberately threatened her before she charged through the window.

Also I’m unfortunate enough to have seen people shot like that in real life elsewhere and I don’t doubt that her body might have been thrashing when it was taken out, but she was probably dead before she hit the floor. She’d probably have been a lost cause if trained professionals were right next to her, and the crowded room of fascist militia and cops was probably not exactly fast-acting to save her.

its because they can't be wrong and they will take whatever position that helps validate their positions to themselves.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I choose to believe the person who posted that they saw her eyes open has watched way too many TV shows and movies and think people close their eyes when they die, so if her eyes were open she must have actually still been alive!

i mean thats probably true. trump legit believes in movies and tropes and poo poo and let that guide his FP/war poo poo and trump is basicaly these assholes but with more money(probably).

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

kik2dagroin posted:

I'm def interested in learning from others' experience doing this. I'm in goon discord or have PM's enabled here.

Marjorie Taylor Green Perfectly Sums up Democrats’ Impeachment Charade
The usage of caps really highlights this unhinged rant :kiddo:

Rep. Jamie Raskin Chokes up as He Details Experience During Capitol Riots

Real shame the fascists didn't overthrow the government :fuckoff:
[/quote]

i love how mad they are about loving raskins who basicaly went through really genuinly awful couple weeks but because to these dipshits "emotions is for the GAYS and the PUSSYS", like sure ok buddy, i am not the one getting hard to a bunch of innocents getting slaughtered on a campus 50 plus years ago. honestly, freepers are the id of the modern american conservative, they are bitter old white dudes whos good years are long past them and were probably ruined by the assholes they worship and now they just bitching on freep and probably facebook, wondering loudly why their kids don't call and than when some of their own finally "strike back", they throw said dipshits under the bus because much like their king, they are cowards.

spoilers but wolfenstien tnc got these fuckers nailed to a T with Bj's dad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJRVRx66GI

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Admiralty Flag posted:

How about "There were fires for DAYS at Kent State before the National Guard returned fire that day."

To where? The grassy knoll? The book depository?

whats even "funnier" about that poo poo is the people killed wernt even part of the protesters. they were randos like walking to classes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

EXCLUSIVE: Ashli Babbitt’s Legal Team Breaks Silence on Capitol Tragedy – Requests Public’s Help in Identifying Persons of Interest

Their shirts are buttoned up FALSE FLAG!

I just love how Ashli Babbitt doesn't even get to be a martyr for Freepers. Now she's a by sexual transgender crisis actor for Antifa!

do they think actual shootings and death looks like loving HL2 SMOD? like some agent shoots her with a pistol and their is just geisers of blood and gore. like high enough calliber/etc does some hosed up damage and poo poo but poo poo aint kill bill.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

i mean whats wrong with that? if i were single, id rather get messages from women who were actually interested for once instead of sending messages into the void to various ladies and never hearing back for various reasons.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Lord Hydronium posted:

e: Bad snipe, so more substance: Freeper types get really weird about gender roles, and how every single action needs to be gendered in some way. Like there was a post a couple pages back about how they bet some guy sits down when he pees - because he has a vagina, you see, haha. Sitting down when you pee is comfortable! I can't imagine being so goddamn fragile about masculinity that I have to justify everything I do as the pinnacle of manliness or whatever.

i guess i am curious why they are so mad because it just makes dating easier. being the one who iniates poo poo sucks espcially online and as someone with physical disiblities, poo poo can be rough and folks can be mean. id rather the ball in a ladies court for once and i am sure alot of women would agree. it would cut down on some gross poo poo at least.

Neo_Crimson posted:

So when Freepers take a poo poo do they desperately try to not pee at the same time? Being a Real Man(TM) is stressful...

they probably buy all the dumb poo poo that says "tactical on it. "tactical" suppository, its just a big dildo with a laser light on it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

You have no idea what it's like as a woman on grindr. I'm just gonna stare into the camera for an hour.

oh i can't even begin to imagine the horrors. wasnt trying to downplay.

Nidhg00670000 posted:

If what my coworkers tell me is any indication, I wouldn't want to be a woman on any "dating service".

yeah, i have heard some real horror stories.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

At least one dick pic a day. But I'm being more proactive and just blocking dudes, and at least I've found some nice NB/trans folk to chat with so far in the week or two I've been back on it.

yeah i can believe that easy. its sucks for dudes who arnt weird uber horny weirdos but i dont blame ladies for being proactive. i always just sucked at introductions. lol

Mantis42 posted:

Oh yeah I'm a goony looking guy and I've never gotten a response on any dating website, I gave up on it a long time ago.

aww i am sorry. people dicks.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

When I hear about the number of random dick pics women get on dating apps the picture I get in my head of how the senders must think things work is a woman going down a supermarket isle entirely stocked with disembodied penises, she occasionally stops, looks at the shelves very seriously going "Hmmmmm...", maybe picks one up and examines it closely before either putting it back or tossing it into the cart already half full with dicks like a bunch of rubbery cucumbers.

i think its a mix of them thinking "i am special and i always liked my dick and maybe/she will like it too" and also just not getting that most women want more than just uncontextless dick pics. I am not a women of any sort but i always assumed alot women are more for the whole person than just body stuff. if women like guys want to get off, they will get off and probably be open about it. if they want a dick pick, they will ask.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Log posted:

This might be a personal problem and I've not tried online dating in five or six years, but you know what always seemed to sink me?

One liners. I would always type out a small paragraph, trying to spark conversation about a common interest. Like I mentioned, my profile and pictures had been proofed by a few friends, so I don't think I was committing any faux pas in that department. But I never, ever just did the one sentence, "Hey, what's up? or cheesy pick up line stuff. All my friends who did had luck.

I think I sounded like a grandpa, trying to type out sentences and poo poo.

Now that I'm approaching the latter part of my thirties, I bet things would be different. But having become recently physically disabled (motor neuron disease, but it's not progressing due to a new treatment), I have zero loving desire to try and spark up Tinder.

yeah. as someone who also has physical disabilities. its loving awful to try to meet people online because alot of people will shoot you down or ghost you the second they see a picture or the word wheelchair. i don't take it personally, peoples interests are peoples interests but it gets depressing. i got lucky meeting my current gf. she liked my message about the book series she liked and it took off from there. what i am trying to say is online dating sucks and if i am ever single again. i'll just do reddit or bumble because while i think i look good, i am not getting any right swipes.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

Source, also transfem NB (she/her.) Just for clarification.

lmao. I can filter them out when I look, sure. But doesn't mean they can't message me though. Ironically, I got more bigots on HER, the women's (trans and cis) dating app that I'd heard about. I did go on one date with a girl though, before covid happened.

oh good lord yes. I mostly get guys messaging me "hey, what's up?" and "hi" and I just totally ignore them. The dick pics I can at least block. But one liners? They're so boring and, not worth the time. Use some words ffs.

i always tried to ask questions or talk about what i read on their profile and poo poo. sometimes it worked, sometimes it didnt.

Captain Log posted:

:( :respek: :(

I feel ya'.

I'm lucky enough to only need leg braces right now, but I'm not able to work. Even being debt free living in a condo I own, the whole not working thing is a motherfucker to get around.

yeah. i got laid off from my lovely retail job right before christmas 2019. covid kinda hosed the whole thing and also has put a gently caress ton of strain on my current relationship. my area sucks rear end job wise alreadfy but thankfully i get my first shot thursday.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Thank God you're getting the shot!

I have monthly IVIG treatments, which is technically considered a chemo treatment. But the nurses and doc call it chemo light, because while it makes me sick it's nowhere near actual cancer chemo levels.

But I'm technically not immune suppressed. I receive immune suppressive treatments and I'm at risk of severe neuromuscular complications from Covid. But I don't tic the "immune suppressed" box, so I get the shot when other thirty-six year olds do. Meaning I'll be lucky to have it by July. Spending a literal year in lockdown is getting loving old! (As is the same for everyone else not going out.)

(mutter mutter gently caress American healthcare mutter mutter)

i got lucky. my aunts a nurse and she was able to find a place for me. we couldnt find poo poo for a long time. i have gone out way more than i should but i am just tired of it all. my gf keeps having mental break downs because medical phobia and reading insane bullshit on facebook and than getting mad and wanting to "protest because conventions and poo poo arnt back but football is", so thats been depressing plus a bunch of other personal poo poo has happened that hasnt helped with stuff. i feel like i am in rut and i am sure alot of people feel similar.

if people want to past freep poo poo. its cool.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

lol. mitch and romney are the only safe republicans at this point, but i would laugh my rear end off if a bunch a chuds tried to have mitch censured/removed or some insane dumb poo poo.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Wait this is the Freep thread...

JUST IN: Trump Rips McConnell To Shreds In New Statement

Former President Donald Trump issued a lengthy statement attacking U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell (R‑KY) on Tuesday

How long does it normally take for Freeper-types to disown losing candidates? Right now it still seems like they’re all-in on Trump

trump is special because he is basically them, a bitter old shithead who believes insane reactionary poo poo except unlike them trump made the grade or whatever. anyway, they hate mitch because mitch is boring "lawful" evil and trump got that loving addicted to chaotic evil. they want the guy who hates the people they do but openly, alot of them realize they are never gonna be big dick rich men which is what mitch and co keep promising them. trump just promises 'I'll attack those you hate and do it openly".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Dark Project posted:

I'd have more respect for him if he said "It's loving freezing there, and I am only up for re-election in 2024, by which time you'll have forgotten about this, so 'scuse me while I go get some warmth. Ted out *drops mic*"

yeah, that and if he had just ignored it, it would have been bad but he could brush it off easier. but now he came back and had cops escort his rear end around so he would feel safe and blamed his kids for it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Finnankainen posted:

Today in Freepers denying obvious reality

Melania Haters Now Loving Jill Biden

:psyboom:

i will always be amused by chuds trying to make melania into the next Jackie Kennedy. i'll be probed justifibly for saying what i think melania is but she is no jackie kennedy or michelle obama or Elenore Roosevelt or any of the first ladies. she is as rotten and racist as her husband and twice as shallow. they only liked melania because she is physically "attractive" in there very narrow definition because trump was with her.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Melania's failings have nothing to do with her nude modeling, but freep has to deny the nude modeling because that's the only thing that she's done that they consider a moral failing.

i mean alot of it is the weird "madonna/whore" thing reactionaries types have.

aka this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3NoDEu7kpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

God, the first thing I thought of when I read those was when Buckley did a CAD comic of the robot disguising himself as a black man so they could go to the movies, and Lucas was all "But won't people know he's a robot when he speaks?" Ethan says "Oh he just won't say anything" and Lucas goes "A quiet black man in a movie theater? He'd be less suspicious as a robot!" After people called that out Buckley said he totally showed it to his black friend who said it was funny.

Also wow, Freep has been hella racist about India lately. What brought that up all of a sudden? I mean, yeah, I know they're all racist in general but I've noticed them talking about how filthy/dirty/terrible India is a lot in the past couple of weeks after not hearing anything about it from them in the entire time I've been reading this thread.

i know this is further off topic but is there a link to the SA thread that was a live reaction to Loss. because i need to see that poo poo.

Probably because they are different or some poo poo or its one of those places where that freeps can pretend to be "progressive" because of the various super hosed up rape culture poo poo there. so they can pretend to gasp in horror and pretend they don't "secretly" support the same thing but only if the offenders are white.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 22, 2021