Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Plinkey posted:

I think it's been basically a week, they are all pissy because she apparently had the letter since late July but followed ford's wishes to not name her publicly and route it through the proper authorities to investigate, which didn't happen. Mostly they are mad at the timeline and blame her for not leaking it instantly.

The Freepers or the leftists?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
gently caress right off. You don't get to attack her both for waiting too long to release the document and for unscrupulously releasing Fords information. Matter of fact, you don't get to attack her for either, since neither one holds any kind of water, but you don't get to attack her for two contradictory things.

Feinstein played this about as well as anyone could, and didn't make a wrong step. The only people attacking her over it are people who actively want to attack her.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Cruz and Beto Debate Live Thread

quote:

To: Mr Rogers

Sigh. So it is like Kennedy/Nixon then? (Nixon won among those polled from radio listeners. Kennedy won with TV viewers.)

156 posted on 9/22/2018, 10:52:07 AM by CondoleezzaProtege

To: Sarah Barracuda

We escaped from California to Texas because of the general craziness there-the land of fruits. flakes and nuts. Where I lived the voter registration was 75 percent democrat and 25 percent republican. We live in Williamson County the red wall against the city of Austin. Texans, get out and vote for Ted Cruz. He did a nice job in the debate showing Beto for what he represents.

158 posted on 9/22/2018, 11:00:16 AM by uscga77 (the truth remains)

[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 102 | View Replies]

To: TXSearcher

That faux Latino O’Rourke talks a good game, but his soul has already been sold.
And so cheaply, too. What can Chuck Schumer possibly give him that he was not already far better off as a Representative in the US House?

To: CondoleezzaProtege

Who won?
I think conservatives would say Cruz. Liberals would say Irish Bob. Folks in between?
I would think the constant harping on ‘I’m a lucky white guy with lots of privileges no black man gets’ would grate on most Texans. I’m in Arizona, but I doubt Texas is a stronghold of “I hate myself for being white, or even for being not black” feeling.

144 posted on 9/22/2018, 10:32:25 AM by Mr Rogers(Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

SocketWrench posted:

Lol, yet the actual fraud that was caught in 2016 was some olds mistakenly voting for Trump multiple times

"Mistakenly"

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

To: Ciexyz

Vote, vote, vote!

You know what?

It has gotten to the point that, if I was Senator Grassley, I would invoke ANOTHER Nuclear Option.

From now on, I would declare, all SCOTUS Nominees can be approved with a 3-Senator vote.

Eff it. If the Democrats want to play nuclear war, let us give it to them.

Three Senators are all that shall be required to approve a SCOTUS nominee.

F*ck them.

38 posted on 09/23/2018 5:27:43 PM PDT by Lazamataz (On future maps, I suggest we remove the word "California" and substitute "Open-Air Asylum".)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies]

Wait, what?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Slashrat posted:

It's Laz, freep's proud gas chamber-supporting fascist. The only surprising part of that post is that it still tried to pretend that empty SCOTUS seat shouldn't just be filled unilaterally by whoever the president pleased.

I just dont understand what it means. So a vote of 3-97 would still pass?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ToxicSlurpee posted:

How the hell can be pointing out the right literally openly adopting that strategy be nothing but propaganda and lies? Like that is a thing the right deliberately started doing.

No, see, the actual way Republicans won the south is that they are polite. Any claims of any other thing they may have done to win the south is liberal propaganda.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I thought Jack Chick didn't believe in AI.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Xiahou Dun posted:

I just got laid off. If someone gives it to me in a way that doesn’t give the authors money, I’m down.

This sounds like a great recipe for severe depression.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cactus posted:

I thought I'd seen it all. There's denying reality and then there's "Alysa Milano is old and gross".

She's not 12 anymore, so she's too old for the Roy Moore types.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

To: savedbygrace

I just don’t say ANYTHING to anyone unless they greet me first.

If I get a ‘Merry Christmas’, I smile and say “AND a Merry Christmas to YOU also”.
If I get ANYTHING else, I smile and say “NO - it is MERRY CHRISTMAS” - thank you anyway.

And if I see banners etc saying ‘HH’ I point at it and say “REALLY?” and normally just get a shrug.

OTOH, if I do not know someone, I let them address me first - don’t want to ‘offend’ one by saying Hello and hurting their feelings.

I am not running for office or looking to make ‘friends’ so I really don’t care what you may ‘think’ of me.

My former wife used to say something like “You are so miserable NO one will come to your funeral” I would respond with “I really don’t care, it won’t bother me, may embarrass YOU - if YOU decide to show up”

16 posted on 12/24/2018 4:48:36 AM PST by xrmusn (6/98"Getting rich as a Politician means doing something illegal''(trunc) HS Truman)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]
THere's a lot to unpack here, but I'm just surprised this guy isn't totally in favor of a banner that reads HH.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

What's a motto with you? :smugdog:

...is that a Calvin and Hobbes reference? I swear thats a punchline from a strip.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Aaronicon posted:

Lion King, when kid Simba meets Timon and Pumba. I'd wager it's a fairly old bit though.

Not that, i meant the bit about the family motto being about misery building character.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I mean, it seems tailor made to piss off Freep. Not only is it gay and interracial, but both agreed to do it, so it wasn't even sexual assault on someone struggling to escape. Those are the things Freep holds the most sacred of all!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

The consciousness of DALEREED shall be reconstructed from his post history and given an eternal robot body.

If its freep technology, it'll just be a bucket with a frowny face on it, and a tape recorder continuously replaying someone screaming the N word.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pontius Pilate posted:

Excuse me, Free Republic is a Family Forum. The bucket will be shrieking “urban ferals.”

Does anyone keep track of if they still keep up that pretense anymore?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Does it still have the single paragraph as the entire description of the Southern Strategy?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I really hope that the page for Dinesh D'Souzas shitpile gets a category for all the people who say its the worst movie of the year, cause its definitely getting a Razzie

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How exactly are that list of right wing idiots connected to this grift? Is it just names that the conman put on his plea, or have they actually all lent credibility here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

jobson groeth posted:

At least with this new information we know that Freepers can be defeated by stairs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BhKu3XXi7E

Freepers can still be defeated by a gentle incline, though.