Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

fishmech posted:

Cracker Barrels are often specifically placed to be convenient for long haul truckers and road tripping families. They provide a reliable familiar sit-down restaurant to pair up with the fast food places in similar locations. An Applebee's or other chain restaurant like that often doesn't really fit into that sort of niche.

So they fill the food service niche Stuckey's used to? That makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

McGlockenshire posted:

Want to see 4chan talk to freep? Md. high school won’t ‘fall victim’ to ‘okay to be white’ flyers posted by freeper markomalley

"It's okay to be white" is /pol/'s latest scheme to soften the public conceptual image of white nationalism.

Oh, wow. I went to Montgomery Blair High School: it's a majority-minority school with a magnet program. So this is some white teen 4channer trying to lash out because they feel like they shouldn't be a minority.

gently caress them, man. Part of why Blair was such a great school was because the majority-minority situation meant that there wasn't any single one clique to run things.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Comrade Roosevelt Truman Kennedy Johnson Carter Clinton Obama Biden is finally going to bring about the USSA I see. Sounds badass. I wish Joe well on his endeavours.

Now, now, don’t be hyperbolic.

They only accused Kennedy of wanting to hand the country over to the Pope.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, the narrative of IQ is that it’s a true and valid thing (because it was when they were young in the 70s and 80s) that got cancelled by woke political correctness in the early 90s after Bell “proved” the inferiority of black people with The Bell Curve.

So of course regressives are still going to talk about IQ and how their numbers are high (as proven by on-line tests) and that shows their innate superiority even as they rot away without friends and send money to Donald Trump

For good histories on IQ and its hosed up usage and relationship to eugenics, I highly recommend Stephen Jay Gould’s The Mismeasure of Man or Edwin Black’s War Against The Weak.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Guys, these are textual assholes. You don’t have to invent interpretations to extrapolate how they’re assholes.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

predicto posted:

Nothing is funnier than seeing Freepers complain about Mitch. that evil bastard has been the single most effective GOP legislator in the past half century, blocked innumerable progressive laws, packed the courts with conservative hacks, and set back progress in this country by decades. They should worship the ground he walks on.

But of course they are Freep

If Freep were more interested in effectiveness than ideology, they wouldn't be so gung-ho for Trump

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

VitalSigns posted:

Did you start reading in the middle of the conversation or something

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I don't think you can really blame the people of Kentucky for that hospital.

So, VS, you're saying you can blame the people of Kentucky for that hospital?

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Neito posted:

Anything short of Donald Trump trotting on stage with Hillary, Obama, Joe, and AOC in leg irons and announcing that from today forth it's illegal to be leftist and also that he's personally ordering your kids to invite you to thanksgiving again will not appease them.

Even then they’ll complain that their kids weren’t forced to be nice enough to them.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, what did you expect? Peace and love? Calls for discussions and questions about how to bring about peace?

This is where America's id comes to scream at each other about how we're not racist or violent or toxically masculine or christian-awaiting-the-rapture enough, of course this is how they're going to react.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, it should be from the 1950s but they didn’t have internet back then

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I especially like the one who wistfully remembers all the ‘mischief’ they and their white friend got up to but were never caught for, before blaming black people and crime for shutting down the mall

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Nitrousoxide posted:

Where do they get the 19 from?

Their rear end.

More specifically, depending upon the sovereign citizen, it’s either a “this country was dissolved by court ruling in the 1880s but everything before that was fine” or “I disagree that the Articles of Confederation were ever suspended and I only recognize John Hansen and not that foul usurper Washington-if-that-was-his-real-name”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

That's akin to the Pattonesque "we could've avoided the Cold War if we'd just kept driving through Germany and invaded the Soviet Union then and there" point of view in terms of net good it would've done

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Okay, remind me, which of those things are they angry because they think Biden and Democrats are saying them now, and which of those things were what they were screaming to anyone who opposed Bush and the Iraq War twenty years ago

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

The only reason Freepers would ever care about Shi'ite vs. Sunni is because they can make "poo poo" puns with one of them.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Quick math says that that guy who posted that his first vote was for Nixon has to be at least 72

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Louis Armstrong singing “I’ll Be Glad When You’re Dead On Your Rascal, You”

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It’s about “Leave The World Behind”, the new star-studded end-of-the-world movie from Netflix, which was produced by the Obamas.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I cannot imagine that the Supreme Court will allow Trump to be removed from the ballot, but on the minuscule chance it happens, I am coming straight to this thread to drink all the tears, the impotent wailing tears.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Freepers, like many right-wingers, have proven repeatedly that they will backflip through any number of flaming hoops if it allows them to both keep their racist beliefs while giving them something non-racist they can hide those beliefs behind.

Even if it's the tiniest thing like using the term "dindu" where they can slide and shimmy through the argument that even though they define "dindus" as people speaking with AAVE, suffering from generational poverty and neglect, and living in high-crime ghettos, they didn't say "black" so it can't possibly be racist to talk about them as looters and gangbangers who need to pull their pants up. After all, Eminem exists, ergo they can't possibly be racist.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Xiahou Dun posted:

Yes, that famous saying that we all know from the normal places we go to.

I mean, yes, it's not super-famous, but "The Germans will never forgive the Jews for Auschwitz" and variations on that are used in discussions of post-World War II German anti-semitism where "sure, Auschwitz was bad, but do you have to be so angry about it" is a recurring theme, see the quotes article here: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zvi_Rex

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Freep, as always, would like a civil war where they are under no threat, have to contribute no action, but get to revel in the glory of their side being proven forever triumphant and strong.

I mean, admittedly, I wouldn't mind that either, but that's not my starting assumption for how it will work out

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It's so much less than any of that, is the worst part.

Swift was Time's 2023 Person of the Year. Donald Trump is very specifically mad at her because he wanted to be Person of the Year, and has been disparaging her for that reason, and all of that poo poo is rolling downhill and being picked up by the army of MAGA pundit grifters who want to gain his praise / stay in his favor / grift off of his audience.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2024/01/trump-popularity-taylor-swift.html which quotes

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/donald-trump-more-popular-taylor-swift-maga-biden-1234956829/

So, yeah, some people are worried about some sort of Biden Plot but really it's just so much "Daddy Trump is mad at Taylor Swift, so here's why YOU should be angry at Taylor Swift!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!"

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

So in three posts in a row:

* White-knighting the poor, misunderstood Senator Joe McCarthy, whose desire to never impugn an innocent man is why he couldn’t stop the Communist takeover
* a long, racist, and classist rant about how welfare is akin to original sin and asserts that because no one is talking about the university-Deep State-military conspiracy, that only proves just how deep it goes
* people actually agreeing that wages suck and that voting for massive tax cuts for the rich is a mug’s game in a forum that 100% supports Donald Trump and the massive tax cuts he gave to the rich

I greatly appreciate the posters who go and pull this poo poo out and format it so that we can gawk, but I have never read one of their posts without lamenting how absolutely terrible and stupid humanity is

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

ChatGPT, generate for me a sentence that means that I will never be able to take you seriously as a person again.

FlingWingFlyer (Could a "caravan" of freeloading U.S. citizens be able to make it into Mexico before they are shot?) posted:

How many Ossies did the anti-MAGAs give to Princess Tater Swuft? The Queen of Kindergarten Rock.

Beautiful. Thank you.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Jesus III posted:

If Freep had any imagination, they'd see what a mass deportation would look like: millions of people loaded up by train, concentrated in large camps, with children separated from their families. Since no country is going to take hundreds of thousands to millions of their citizens back, they are going to have to stay in those camps for years. If the US has any reputation after that, it won't have any money, since the federal government will have to feed, clothe and house millions of people.

It would be horrific.

Freepers literally want machine gun nests on the Rio Grande actively shooting at crossers. Their desire for deportation is not because they lack the imagination to understand the suffering. The suffering is the point.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

DarklyDreaming posted:

I'll admit, this was the biggest collection of oppositeofreality.txt I've seen on Freep in a while. However, it's important to understand that it all makes perfect sense when you've spent your entire life convinced that all the people you don't like are all working for the same boss

It’s also being pushed by propaganda outlets, because the tankiest posters in C-Spam are also saying that the CIA created and controls ISIS and made them do this attack, they’re just doing it leftishly

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

All I can say to Freep is Blessed Be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

It also ties in neatly with the belief that there's no point in making the world any better, because all that should matter is being right with Jesus so that you go to heaven.