Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

vivisectvnv posted:

web app up, but no access to transfer market

ludicrous

Everythings fine for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Im not doing any trading as Im keeping everyone for the swap a squad feature once the game launches

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The fifa european team is coming back this year but half the team are AWOL until mid october so new blood will be welcomed.

Popehoist and Soulex are still banned.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive carded two informs from packs this weekend, should I sell now or wait till a few weeks?

Milner and Falque btw

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I dont think Im going to qualify for the weekend league. Two semis and two finals in my 4 attempts tonight.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's weird how I just go through stretches of games where I'm like "man how did I ever score any goals besides crosses or corners"

I tried the corner glitch and it didnt work at all for me, I always get insta closed down.

I never score off crosses but havent watched that video you posted yet

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Seltzer posted:

Kind of lame they released another PL squad builder. Fifa already revolves too much around that league. The reward for the premiere league starting 11 challenge is pretty good though so I might do that. I'll do the whole thing if Korean player prices come down because you basically only need 3 gold cards and can fill the rest with 200 coin 63 rated bronzes.

Watch, people will stock up for the next PL player of the month and they'll switch to La Liga or something

No it will be prem every month as EA have a deal with them

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Im gonna buy a John Stone OTW

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Fair warning, our version of Parmos is rife with corruption, backstabbing, and eventually it gets so crowded that the senior members just form a new club, usually after a few months.

It was all much more relaxed and care-free before we all got old and had to work all the time instead of playing all hours of the day during college/grad school.

tbf if you'd let Crabhat in then the team must be awful.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

DoctaFun posted:

So I'm going all in(in a most likely ill-advised way) on the Spartak/CSKA matchup for next weekend. I am banking on there not being a gold requirement and snapping up all the Milanov cards I can. He's a rare silver that can be had for ~400 coins if you catch the right auctions(I think I paid 450-500 on a few BINs).

There's currently like 12 of his cards on the market total(I have about 14 in my trade pile). Anyone want to get in on this? It's fairly low risk with there being so few cards available, looking at a 5-7k investment(will probably be able to get back 3-4k if he's not SBC worthy).

If he's a useable card in the SBC, judging from the past SBCs, he should be able to sell for a couple k I'd think(if we truly control the market though we might be able to sell for 5k+). I know in the Korean challenge there were bronze players selling for 10k.

I didn't really pick him in the most sophisticated way unfortunately, there are a couple cheap gold CAMs on both teams, so it might be a bust, but there are just so few of the Milanov card out there that I think it might work.There were tons of Korean players whose prices shot up to crazy amounts even though there were a lot of options at most positions.

Edit: forgot to mention, I would have grabbed all the other available cards but my transfer pile is full since I only have the 70 spot transfer list.

you let me down

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Chadli IF jumped from 85k to over 200k on the markets. All the "cheap" belgium IFs are selling out.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

I don't know what this means, can you please write several hundred more words about it? TIA

I cant be arsed

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

DoctaFun posted:

I played three games in divisions yesterday. 1-1, 2-2, 2-2, 2-1. Most frustrating night of fifa in my life. The first three games I got scored on after the 85th minute to tie the game. Last game I got scored on in the 90th minute, then I scored in the 93rd minute to win.

I have trouble creating good scoring chances, I normally have much better passing/control than my opponents, but just don't get enough good looks on goal. The last two games were better, especially after I switched formations. Currently running 4-3-3(5) BPL and Serie A squads.

code:
POTM Son   Slimani    POTM Sterling
          Eriksen            Rooney 
             Schneiderlin
Azpilicueta   Koscielny  Jagielka   Bellerin
code:
Insigne       Immobile        Candreva/Salah
         Hamsik          Parolo
                  De  Rossi
Sandro    Koulibaly      Manolas     Abate

Any tips? I tend to play down the wings quite a bit, and I'm getting better at switching it up as I'm running down. Cut in early/late, fake cut in then head towards the corner. I've found that is pretty effective. Also having better luck the last few games playing the ball to my ST and having him one touch pass backwards to a CM, which opens things up a bit.

Also, Koulibaly is an absolute beast. I thought about upgrading to Chiellini or something but Kouli is just amazing.

Edit: Anyone on PS4 from the US want to play a match sometime? I'd like to play against someone who is legit good at the game to try and learn something :).

If you can afford him Kante is by far the best defensive midfielder in the game imo

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

Seriously, I know it's "lame" to use the players everyone else does but when even the pros who have stacked full inform ronaldo/neymar/bale teams are still finding ways to fit him in He's Probably Pretty Good.

e: Also, Matic over Schneiderlin by far, in my opinion.

Someone told me to play Fernandinho but I refer Matic tbh.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Qualified for the weekend league for the first time. Played 24, won 5. gently caress me its sweaty compared to normal play. Really didnt enjoy it at all

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Stefan Prodan posted:

Been trying to critically analyze my games in an effort to like really get up there in skill and break through the 25 goal barrier, I sent this off to a dude on reddit who does really cheap coaching (like $10 per game) and is a good player, along with the notes I took on it, but if any other good players wanna offer advice here's some of my lovely gameplay.

Here's the game I sent him where I felt like I played pretty well but still couldn't generate many chances:

(also before anyone comments on my squad this is my fitness team so that's why I have jobbers like Volland out there)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxnvbzBnVQ8

Here's my notes on it

Game notes (all times are in youtube time, not game time)

:47, not sure what I was thinking there, maybe I should have passed it up to Robben so he could try and come down, or I guess another decent option was shield the ball then do a through ball below to whoever is making a run there

1:40: probably too optimistic here to think he could just flat beat them down the sideline

2:25: I think I could have just used a threaded through ball here? Or a normal through ball? I did the lob to reduce the chance it would get intercepted, but I didn't really mean for it to hang up there forever and kill all the momentum. I'm not sure if there's any way I could have gotten it to Kalou (#11) here? That would obvioulsy be best. I also wonder if maybe I could have gotten a through ball downwards at Volland running through, if Kalou drags the CB up. That might have been best but I think I would get the ball taken away before that could happpen.

2:37 I think I was just looking for a long shot and just walked into him instead, oops. I think once I first touched the ball forward I was dead, I needed to turn away and shield it and try to reset the play. Maybe doing like a first touch fake shot up and left might have worked but I hardly ever do those anymore because I feel like so often the game glitches out and gives me a shot instead

4:03: finally got a goal but I Think it was pretty lucky, I used LT to push the guy out of the way but that's still pretty low percentage to come down with it like this I think. Not sure how repeatable this goal is.

4:48: I meant to pass to the guy right there, not back to the defense, and I barely tapped pass so I dunno what happened there

5:01, definitely a mistake to return it to Kalou I think since Volland will be offsides or not even make the run by time Kalou gets it and I probably could have done precision dribble up and then hit a through ball to Robben, or maybe even better passed it back to Renato Sanches for a first touch through ball to Robben from a better angle

5:24 for some reason I thought he was going to make a run and I could cheekily lob it over this dude's head instead of having an awful turnover in a dangerous area. Oops!

5:51 I think maybe Sanches passing it back was a mistake, Sanches actually had a lot of room in front of him and even possibly a lane to get a through ball to Coman

These are the kinds of times where I'm not really sure what to do, all of my guys are now like in the box and my wingers are set up on the wing so I have a really hard time actually working the ball forward and accomplishing anything once we are all just standing still.

6:03 I was going for a long shot again, I keep trying to do those in areas where I don't actually have as much room as I think I do. If anything Volland himself could have taken a shot here.

6:12 I think this was the right play and I just got unlucky? Volland is calling for a through ball but I don't think that would work? It looks like the CB would block it. I don't actually know if they only call for it when it would work or it's based on their stats or something.

6:47 I think the play here was to first time pass back to the midfielder and do a 1-2 so then the opponent has to decide and I might get a breakaway. I'm pretty sure that's what I tried to do but a lag spike made me pass it left instead of passing then running onto the ball going left. Anyway I'm pretty sure passing to the midfielder right below is what I was trying to do.

7:45 not sure what I was doing here or why I tried to chip this. Maybe I just thought my guy had 999 speed for a second.

8:24 here is where I'm pretty frustrated with this year's game, Kalou is completely alone and if the ball were placed forward enough I think this would be an easy goal but this year I can't get it to ever chip it far enough forward. I know this is supposed to be an intentional nerf so people can't just chip it down the field and win with pace but I'm not sure what to do in these situations where you have the defense beaten cleanly but there's no path on the ground. Maybe a threaded through ball works here but I'm not sure, and I think a normal ground through ball definitely gets intercepted.

10:07 I definitely should have just laid it off to kalou here, this could have been an empty net goal. A chip would also have been better than what I did, but I think passing it best?

11:06 since there was a guy rushing from behind, stop and turn wasn't the best move, I should have maybe done like a fake shot stop then tried to pass it back to COman, or used precision dribble to move one step to the right and down just to guy a little bit of separation the pass it to coman then through to Volland although Volland ends up running up like an rear end in a top hat so that wouldn't have worked maybe

11:47 not sure what I was thinking here either, Coman has no clear path where he isn't gonna get body blocked on his way to the ball even if it got thorugh

13:08 here I thought he would make a run because there was a big hole but he didn't so the pass was just really dumb. I guess he didn't make a run because it was the end of the game and he was out of stamina.

post the guys advice first

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Is there a website you can see requirements?

Qualified for the weekend league for the 2nd time, got 18 wins with 5 games to go which is a lot better than my 5 wins in 25 games from the first time.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
There was a pro player better than the pro player youre thinking of, I cant remember his name either and he said you're talking bollocks

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Started the game about a month ago, and through sbcs and the like ended up with the good fortune to pack a couple strong players, most notably a standard 89 aguero

I run a epl squad so that's great, but as I'm broke at the moment I can't help but wonder if I'd be better off swapping aguero for standard Sanchez and making 80-100k or so to turn around into sbcs or the 100k promo pack. Would this be a mistake?

Right now I'm running a 4-3-1-2 with

Aguero - Vardy (Firmino, Sturridge, Coutinho)

Ozil

Eriksen - Gundogan - Mahrez (Depay, Sterling, Wilshire, Schneiderlin, De Rossi)

Shaw - Mustafi - Ashley Williams - Coleman (Moreno, Bellerin, Cahill, Reid)

Cech

Is there a better use of my players than this formation?

Why have you got all those great players but no kante?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Seltzer posted:

Qualified in my first try with Lewa leading the spear of a 433(4). He's very good and better than SBC Higuain but he didn't feel outrageous/next level like SBC El Sharaawy or Ronaldo or the like. Still very good though. I feel compelled to say that everyone with a Bundesliga squad needs to seriously consider fut birthday Kuba. I am having a poo poo ton of success with the card and he's performing way better than OTW Dembele for me. He's getting overlooked because of the 3* 3* and h/h work rates but let me tell you the guy is always where you want him to be on offense and defense and has been clinical for me (scored 4 goals in the campaign). The best part is he can play from CM to RW. I don't think I should be having to hype up a card with 94 pace, 78 strength, and 86 dribbling but here we are. Give him a shot, he's going for pennies but I'd gladly pay 100k for that card and I think he's the best RW in the Bundesliga that I've tried (all of them except Robben). You can trust me, I started the Modeste hype-train.

Bonus- Enjoy this amazing goal line tech

https://streamable.com/bn8d3

The images might not capture it but it was 100% completely over the line and I could even tell in real time.

hopterque posted:

I had a good goal line tech moment last week too:

I lost this game 0-1

Both of these are on the line?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

hopterque posted:

Mine's the best screenshot I could snap in the moment, it actually went a noticeable bit further over, I'm guessing Seltzer's is the same case.

The above the goal camera isnt always the best on fifa as it isnt true straight above goal, if you look when theyre showing the goal line technology replay you'll see this as it puts up a blue wall to show where the goalline is. From the screen shots yours looks really close, but it isnt completely over. Seltzers is massively on the line, theres like a third of the ball on the line.

I looked up incase Im completely wrong and saw this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_6kjAcoYQA

All the goals in this (apart from the one where the guy chests it off the line) are obviously still partly touching the line - on the ones where you have the goalline tech you can see that you can still see part of the ball poking through the blue wall that is the goalline. The one on the guys chest I can only think is because of a glitch caused by him chesting.

• Locked thread