Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

With the very top being cut off on that A in Allen I thought for a second it said Barry Hitler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

BrianWilly posted:

The show might be bad but the dumb incest fixation people have is also bad. Iris isn't Barry's sister and hasn't been depicted as Barry's sister.

It's not really surprising. Weirdness is a subjective thing, so you finding it fine while other people find it odd is completely normal. I don't find it particularly odd personally, but I do think it's super weird that they're continually being set up as a couple when Barry spent a large portion of season one stalking her and being really creepy towards her while the show seemed to be heading more in a "he has to get over it and learn to move on" direction.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Koalas March posted:

Add to that, Grant said he basically handpicked her to be Iris, because their chemistry was so good.

If it is, none of it is making it to the screen. That's almost certainly more a fault of writing and direction though, not lack of chemistry. They do appear to have real fun and chemistry in the gifs you post, but nothing in the show really reflects that.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Aphrodite posted:

Maybe let's not spread unsubstantiated misogynist MRA rumors.

What rumors? I've read the last few posts since your previous post just in case I said something stupid and am not really seeing anything like one from anyone. Unless you mean Black Canary's actress bring a diva on set, which was only stated to be a rumor and presented as hearsay and nothing more. And I'm no really seeing how that would be a misogynistic thing, so much as just normal hearsay.

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 27, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

lotus circle posted:

Honestly, Joe pulls out his gun plenty of times as well and Eddie was no different. It's just a thing all writers like to script cops doing. People rag on Patty for shooting Harry because she recognized him as a wanted man and thought he had a weapon, but Joe literally shoots at him the moment he sees him, without any warning to the room, and that seems conveniently forgotten in comparison.

I can only speak to the reception here rather than the wider perception since I don't look for or discuss this show anywhere else, but at least here people weren't raging on her for shooting Wells in that scene, they ragged the show for never following it up, either by having anyone explain it to her or her investigating or questioning what had happened. They seemed to understand why she shot fine. There was no such reaction for Joe, because Joe was immediately filled in and the whole thing resolved in the same scene.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Richard Swift AKA The Shade -- technically a Flash villain (Jay Garrick's) and arguably the coolest, most interesting villain/anti-villain of all time.

What's interesting about him out of...well, interest?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I *do* want to see Barry and Iris get together and it's frustrating the level of idiocy that works against them but at least it's not as bad as the absolute shitshow of Arrow. I'd rather all the characters on that show simply die of a giant meteor hitting their city at this point.

Going by the first few seasons Ollie lets his city get decimated by something every finale so it's probably only a matter of time until that happens.

Guy A. Person posted:

Then of course there's all the weird stuff about the Thawne time remnant, which I think is obsolete now because Barry removed the Thawne that murdered his mother from the timeline post-murdering his mother. So wait was Wells ever Thawne in this timeline? Is Eddie still alive? :psyduck:

I haven't watched the episode, but did watch a few clips to see if it piqued my interest and Iris doesn't know Barry. Despite the fact that change is that Barry's mom didn't die. And yet according to the Prime timeline Iris and Barry were friends as a kid and basically lived next door till Thawne killed Barry's mom. So shouldn't Iris at least recognise Barry enough to go "oh, that guy I knew as a kid?"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

The Lord Bude posted:

I don't think zoom is the correct analogy here.

Yea, if you're looking for someone who ignores the rules, is inappropriate with women, pursues personal vendettas and is willing to enforce the law under his own dictation despite talking about upholding it Barry is the better fit.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

WarLocke posted:

Prediction: Flashpoint being 'fixed' in the first episode is a trick. We are actually watching the real flashpoint right now, and it will continue until the big crossover, when it'll finally get 'fixed'.

Either that or Barry just goes on with the knowledge that he has irrevocably hosed up everyone else's lives.

Don't worry, he'll fix it. By running faster. And maybe giving time another wedgie. Peptalks may be involved, as most likely will absolution from all guilt by his friends.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy A. Person posted:

TBF we don't know that. If it is Draco Malfoy he got across town pretty quick after all...

Maybe he's Savitar and playing a long game using Dr. Alchemy?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Grodd is one of the most sympathetic characters on the show and would probably make a better hero than Barry frankly.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Can it be his friendly neighbourhood Grodd? The greatest superhero on his Earth.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Probably doesn't help that they don't seem interested in actually fixing the damage caused by said explosion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Aphrodite posted:

Barry's thing was that if Iris knew she'd try to help him and get hurt.

But she tried to help the Flash regardless so it didn't matter.

17 episodes later he realized this and told her.

Barry wanted to tell her from the off. It was Joe who was against telling her. And against her becoming a cop. And was really an over protective dad to her in general. An edict he made Barry swear off on. Barry didn't want to tell other people other things, but he did want to tell Iris he was the Flash.

• Locked thread