Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aphrodite posted:

They wrote her off because of huge negative feedback since people wanted him to be with Iris.

jesus stop listening to fans stop listening to the fans

we all have horrible opinions and none of us have left our basements why would we know anything about love

what is wrong with CW :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Like, it could be the "logical" (for Barry) move for Barry when he realizes he's made a mess of things but no one in his reality has enough experience or knowledge to help, so he pops over to E2 to get Wells' help and Wells reads him the riot act.

I am imagining the faces Wells would make once Barry tells him and it's making me want the season to start even sooner. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Martout posted:

Let's hope this season is more lighthearted fun and goofy than season 2 imo and that they don't forget to give Iris stuff to do

Flashpoint is very much not a lighthearted story so I... have my concerns. :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Flashpoint universe was way better, Barry is a dumb.

That being said I still like this show.

Also "God I wish I could kill you" is a pretty good line

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

irlZaphod posted:

I like Cavanaugh but it kinda sucks that he essentially has a different character every season.

No. We need more Wells. More.

Earth-3 isn't doing much right now that isn't Supes related, just ship one of those over. Couple of timeline remnants, too, if you got 'em.

I want STAR Labs staffed by nothing but Harrison Wells.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pyroi posted:

Crisis on Infinite Wells

I don't have the photoshop ability for it so pretend I posted a Wells holding up another Wells and crying

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Favorite part was Jay Garrick pulling Barry out of the Speed Force in the 90s to call him a dumbass and tell him to sack up.

Second favorite part was me going "ha ha yup good ol' Caitlyn still the same as OH MY GOD WHAT THE gently caress BARRY WHAT DID YOU DOOOOO"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

LOL at Barry saying nothing about Caitlin had changed. Caitlin doesn't have a personal life to change. Does she even have parents?

SHE WILL FREEZE YOUR rear end DON'T THINK SHE WON'T

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

We all know they're going to reset the timeline again right?

Nah, I think we're finally good on that. Using Jay to go "okay that's enough of that, quit it" and having Barry explain to people why it's a horrible fuckup was a pretty good signal they're done with timeline reset chicanery.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Error 404 posted:

This
Dudes not evil, just british.

please don't contradict yourself

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

You know, Jay Garrick just totally stole two people's 1998 clothes, then went into a diner and broke one of their mugs, then peaced out back to his own dimension. What a dick.

I'm giggling like an idiot about two grunge teenagers hanging out smoking, then a blur goes by and they're suddenly naked and trying to hide behind things.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MiddleOne posted:

I have no memory at all of this.

BARRY :argh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Dadcop owns, Jessie Quick owns, Killer Frost Caitlyn owns, Wally is dumb and is going to get Alchemy'd, Iris/Barry finally owns

Also I love that Flashpoint has given the writers excuses to just drop things in whenever they feel like it and have everyone go "The gently caress, Barry? What do you mean it wasn't in this timeline before?" :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I really hope Caitlyn continues being chill (:haw:) as gently caress and finally comes clean about her powers, and everyone else is like "Oh um. Well that's cool, do you feel evil?" "...no?" "Alright then! Try not to be evil. Moving on!"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xealot posted:

Shouldn't Barry be rapidly forgetting old poo poo and recalling new poo poo? The main dilemma 2 episodes ago was about how Flashpoint time fuckery was eroding his original memories and replacing them with Flashpoint ones. He should probably be remembering the speed room and forgetting...I don't know, King Shark or something?

DCTV has the least consistent time travel rules in fiction. That's a real accomplishment.

hypertime

I ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

tsob posted:

Grodd is one of the most sympathetic characters on the show and would probably make a better hero than Barry frankly.

hilariously he's killed way less people

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Klungar posted:

And then put him in purple spandex that hid all his muscles anyway.

I mean, that's kind of the_phantom.txt :shrug:

Best take on the Phantom is Peter Chung's weird rear end interpretation. Dude's art and aesthetics was made for that. The singer Deborah Harry voiced (Vaingloria? I think?) still creeps me out to this day.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
e: duur I can't read

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

But still. Great episode overall. I'm really interested to see where they go with Caitlin now that her frosty side is manifesting.

I would hope it's "y'know ice powers don't make you evil you dork it's what you do with them," but this being the CW, I don't have a lot of hope.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Maybe this Wells will be the speedster in a shoutout to season 1

"I got it, what about : Max Mercury"
"That's stupid, Ramone, my name isn't Max"
"Max Mercury it is! :haw:"
"*throws stuff on desk*"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Not liking the new Wells but I have faith in Cavanaugh.

Also I can understand Caitlyn not wanting to tell anyone as she's slowly morphing into the person that murdered the poo poo out of everyone on Earth-2. Panicking over potentially turning into a monster is a pretty good motivator to keep a secret.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

shades of eternity posted:

man we so have to use "I care for you too, you jackwagon." as a future title. :D

The :geno: delivery was fantastic.

AbstractNapper posted:

Doesn't this always prove to be a big mistake (keeping it a secret I mean)? Isn't this what consistently ends up killing people in zombie movies?

Well yeah but it's still a pretty common plot conceit. I'm willing to roll with it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also does it worry anyone else that Wells' first reaction to having to leave was "Meh, just rip an alternate me away from their home"?

Granted they have a literal serial killer on the team so

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Check again.

Jessie's from Earth-2, which is mostly good/evil swapped. It's entirely possible she is the Trajectory from her world.

(alternatively the showrunners are lazy)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because that line didn't make any sense, French Wells was talking. Mimes don't talk.

Unless Earth 2 Mimes are different from Terra Prime mimes

Well it is the good/evil swapped world.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's what Rip Hunter recruited them to be!

In the sense that the guy from "I Am Legend" (the book) was one

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Mr Beens posted:

So last season the "barry voice over intro" was "I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". This season is " I'm the Flash, I hosed up and brought new threats to my world. I'm the only one who can stop them". Will each season end with Barry loving up and bringing new threats to his world (and hopefully new Wells too)

You know how DC has elementals for all the major elements and life existences? The Red for animals, Wind Elemental for Red Tornado, etc.?

Barry Allen is the Fuckup Elemental. Wherever he goes, no matter the media, Barry Allen fucks things up. It's just what he does.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

His pants are made of goes bad.

Read this as "full of goes bad"

:stonk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

And presumably at some point the cops caught the Top without the Flash's help.

I'll admit I wasn't on board with new female Top until she started spinning around that skirt for no reason reason :3:

Her powers of Vertigo still don't make sense for the gimmick, but "spins around really fastand it somehow made her smarter" would probably look really dumb.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

pee out my butt posted:

Top should've been someone who was listening to Devo when the particle accelerator exploded.

Q: Are we not metahumans
A: I am The Top

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xelkelvos posted:

Top is a pretty bad name, but that can be hand waved by the fact that Cisco was under pressure for a name after getting sniped by Wells

It made more sense with the original comics guy whose superpower gimmick was spinning fast and top-based weapons, but going from inducing vertigo to being named Top is... ehnnnn. Maybe she'll get the spinny after her powers evolve, like Caitlyn and frostbite.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Spergatory posted:

To change the channel from bad line delivery, "What? WHAT? YOU WANNA GO?! :black101:" is probably my favorite line delivery in the entire show.

Look at dis guy who didn't hear "I'm fond of you too, you jackwagon."

(Or "OOOOOOOOOOPS.")

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Caitlyn no, be the antiheroine Killer Frost III, not the bad ones :(

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Xealot posted:

Earth-2 Killer Frost didn't seem to be one. She was just aces with murdering folks and suddenly super evil. It always seems like a Brotherhood of Mutants thing, where they're instantly social pariahs with superiority chips on their shoulders.

You'd think, being a scientist with a social conscience, she'd realize: "hey, I should think globally and combat climate change. I know a way to stop polar ice erosion..."

Probably "holy poo poo I just lost it and froze a man's arm off" would take precedence :shrug:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Also I would like it very much if the reason Caitlyn's going psycho is because of the heat vampire thing and they STAR Labs up a solution.

:ohdear: I'm concerned I'm turning into a serial killer
:haw: No sweat, here, strap on this portable thermonuclear heat source
:) Oh cool, can I go out crimefighting with Barry later
:haw: Yup!
:neckbeard:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bruceski posted:

prediction: when she snaps HR will try to name her Captain Cold.

Cisco: "We've seen this before. On Earth-2, they called her..."
HR: "Icicle! That's what we should call her. The Icicle!"
Cisco: "DUDE SERIOUSLY"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

greatn posted:

His partner is probably Earth 19 super studious nerd Oliver Queen.

While this would be hilarious/cool I think we all know it's going to be Crisco "Superfly" Ramone, playboy scientist and Red Arrow by night

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

8one6 posted:

I love them missing the obvious option of Cisco and Caitlin training together with their new powers in the vibe.

Or even better

"I HAVE TO GO CISCO"
"NO YOU DON'T"
"STAY OUT OF MY WAY *hucks ice*"
"OH poo poo *vibes it mostly away*"

I really believe in my heart we're going to end up with Good Killer Frost. Maybe they'll rename her Snow or something instead. (I mean I know that's the point of her real name but it's right there.)

I just want Kaitlyn to be an awesome superhero is that so much to ask :saddowns:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

I would absolutely watch a whole season about Eobard Thawne being a huge rear end in a top hat throughout time and space.

If you can shut off the rational part of your brain for an hour a week, he's over on Legends doing exactly that, plus carting Damien Darhk around with him. He already killed Hourman because gently caress you, that's why.

Legends is fun as long as you don't think about it too much and concentrate on things like Mick's love of setting Nazis on fire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

lotus circle posted:

I've been watching it just for that honestly. Though he's only really been on screen for a few short scenes so far, but that should be changing in the second half of the season.

Eobard is the antihero we need, the only man who will do whatever it takes to stop the rampaging murder speed of Barry Allen.

Also I like how he's not even trying to pretend to care about history right now. "I can get away with time travel because I'm not a huge dumb idiot like you Barry!!" *gives Nazis a nuke*

• Locked thread