Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DoggPickle posted:

And the oragatun is not the worst thing I've ever seen.

it's cool because I like to imagine it's turdfuzz's reaction to every post you make

and that's nothing personal I just love watchin that ape be surly :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Tonight's the night and I don't remember what the cliffhanger was.

...poo poo, neither do I

WAIT

Yes I do, Caitlyn's now in permafrost mode.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Aleph Null posted:

Maybe they will finally explain why Killer Frost's powers come with dissociative identity disorder and make Caitlyn turn evil. Since it's dumb and makes no sense.

The usual explanation is that her powers remove any sense of empathy she has because she's "cold hearted."

The show explanation is most likely SPEEDICEFORCE

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Color me genuinely curious about Savitar.

I assume it has to be Ronnie.

it's Killer Frost

OF THE FUTURE

e: oh wait she's not in the speedforce I um uh um ICE DUPLICATE SPEEDFORCE there nailed it :smuggo:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I still like the show and think it's fun but the writing has gone completely off the rails. I'm willing to gleefully shout SPEEDFORCE to handle all the ridiculous comic book bullshit, but there's no real excuse for making everyone bone stupid in this episode.

He's already in the future. There's literally no reason he can't cruise back to scientist lady on his way back through time and go "sup now that you're done how does this doohickey work."

The writing's completely fallen apart at this point. I don't know how they fix this, because after Savitar's dealt with, there's not a whole lot of options for villains that aren't retreads. Eobard's the only good option imo and he's currently busy not existing, so.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Making Savitar be Ronnie would actually be a big deal, since the whole reason the singularity at the end of Season 1 occurred was because Barry went back in time to save his mother...and then proceeded not to. Ronnie basically got sucked into the singularity for nothing. For all we know (and what might have actually happened) Ronnie was sent into the Speedforce via the singularity.

What does Barry do at the end of Season 2? Goes back into the past to actually save his mom, and thus creates Flashpoint. Which possibly prompts the Speedforce to decide to gently caress with Barry for this huge mistake and gives Ronnie goesfast. And since Flashpoint seems to just make metahumans affected by it obtain "evilness" right out the gate, it just makes Ronnie more evil, on top of blaming Barry for trapping him in the Speedforce.

Yeah but he was the first speedster.

Which means it's real Jay.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
It's us, guys. We were Savitar all along.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Savitar gonna be Eddie and it'll own

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bentacos posted:

Savitar is the president.

SAVITAR *click*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

Lillian Luthor is the leader of Cadmus and very much a villain

Lena Luthor isn't a villain...yet.

Lena is probably going to end up running Checkmate actually.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Aw crap. This is the Barry who disintegrated facing off against Zoom. That's why the Speed Force was going "you loving moron stop sacrificing yourself you're ruining everything."

Also of note is when Not Barry told Caitlyn she hadn't killed anyone yet. He's right—so far the only major crime she's guilty of is tossing Barry around and holding a woman at icicle point. I really really want it to turn out she finally steps back from the ledge and realizes she's in control of her own powers before something really awful happens, but given how dumb the show is this season, they're just going to magic up a cure that literally the smartest biologist in the world couldn't figure out and inject her with it.

I like this show but god drat they make it hard to sometimes. :ughh:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy A. Person posted:

Now serving #26:

"Yes how can I help you?"

"I created a future of infinite Zooms so I need to prevent RF #6 from killing my mother 2 minutes early and then help RF #2 re-kill her at the proper time and then get back to his own timeline where he is a member of Congress so he can vote on time travel legislation"

"Again? please try to write our instructions down this time, sir, it'll save you time in the future-past"

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I loved the ice slide but I also find it hilarious how Kaitlin's powers not only make her evil but that she also immediately knows how to use them in just about every way.

They could easily explain it by saying her powers shut down her emotions and empathy meaning she's a million times better at applying her already impressive intellect which is still kind of bullshit but a million times more acceptable than "evil split personality."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

No, really, I mean it. I do it all the time. Always have. I'm fully conscious of it and yet it keeps happening. I have no doubt I've driven a bunch of people insane who had that particular hangup and I've had friends freak out at me over it because it was theirs. I'm just terrible with names.

I'm going to start spelling it Kaitlyn Snough from now on just to mess with people. :colbert:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Carlosologist posted:

funniest scene of the episode was when Wally told Bart that they were brothers and Bart looked at his hand slowly, that got a good laugh from me

Best part was Wally's "yup" look afterwards

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

kjetting posted:

The main theme this season seems to have been "careful with time travel, Bart".

Barry has been warned about it several times before, but it has never had any real consequences for him. He has been warned never to do it, but then always goes and uses it as a last resort anyway, and gets away with it. This season he started by doing something really stupid and preventing one of the most defining moments in his life, then afterwards trying to patch things up, causing the doom of his girlfriend and Savitar's existence. Hopefully this means next season Barry will be "Ok, maybe keep off the time travel FOR REALS this time."

On the other hand, Savitar said the more you time travel, the less the rules apply to you, so maybe the answer is to do more of it :downs:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I still love this show but gods drat it's got some of the stupidest people imaginable in the cast

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

oh jay posted:

Aren't time remnants created by travelling a half a second back (forward?) in time? Why couldn't the leftover time remnant just go back to when he came from?

Pro user name post combo here

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

These are exactly what I was thinking of. I'm blown away by how much more I like him at this point compared to last year.

The moment during the big crossover where he zipped in and immediately started throwing shade at the dominators is when he actually became Wally to me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

The going theory online is that he swapped places with Iris via the hologram disguise thingie while Barry was proton packing Savitar and let himself get jacked in her place to redeem himself. Hence why wasn't on the roof this time around.

We'll see next week, I guess.

That would make a lot of sense and actually put a perfect bow on that arc so of course Iris is going to be super dead and Barry will spend next season bemoaning how he's going to become Savitar somehow.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I still love the actors but the writing is now beyond pants on head stupid for me. And I'll tolerate a lot of bad writing when it comes to shows I watch regularly.

gently caress, I admitted to liking Iron Fist. Iron Fist.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One good thing about all this: I am legitimately looking forward to how they're going to resolve this clusterfuck. It's going to be grandiosely moronic and I will probably laugh myself stupid(er).

After that it may be time to rethink my TV priorities.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ApeHawk posted:

Savitar: BARRY! I WILL REVIVE YOUR DEAD FIANCEE IF YOU BEAT ME...IN A RACE!
*Savitar then creates an F-Zero-esque racetrack*

NOW BARRY... SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm willing to believe they did that offscreen between episodes... But how did Barry know exactly when and where to find them, especially to find Snart all alone and handily far enough along in his good-guy character development?

Also, sometimes it takes a lot of hard work and planning and help from other speedsters for Barry to time travel properly... And sometimes he just waltzes a century into the past and to the other side of the globe on a whim.

It's almost as if, and I want to follow me closely here, but like the writing is really, really bad

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robot Hobo posted:

Season 1 would have been pretty good if it weren't for the hawkpeople. Actually, just leave out Hawkman, as Hawkgirl could have been an rear end-kicking flying berzerker smashing the skull of her immortal stalker if there wasn't also her OTHER immortal stalker just making the show weird and creepy.

Hawkman was so bad. So, so bad.

Just setting aside that their entire thing was creepy/bad as hell, Carter's actor was so goddamn wooden.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

The funny thing is it was a fairly good portrayal of Hawkman. He's just usually a creepy rear end in a top hat.

Sure but does he also manage to have less charisma than Zeppo Marx

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

Pirate Wells for Season 4 or we riot!

I was thinking Cowboy Wells personally

Especially since he solved the equation and is very clearly a genius cowboy

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
oh my god I am staring at my monitor and laughing my rear end off after that

First Samurai Jack and now this show. What the gently caress is it about TV writers that they can't get it through the skulls that, if you're on your way to a happy ending until the last five minutes, maybe spend those last five minutes on a happy ending instead of throwing out everything you've worked towards

bomb rear end fight action tho, glad Wally's the new Flash, hoping next season is 100000% less dumb

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I want to believe this means Wally is the new Flash from now on and we can hit the reset button on this whole shambling mound of stupidity, but since I haven't heard of any incoming cast departures, this is all gonna get erased in the very first episode of next season :negative:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

They should pull a Samurai Jack

NO.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

as a wwe fan the collision here made my brain freeze up for a sec

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
bad writing: i ain't gotta explain poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

They're running out of decent ones. I mean really all they have left is the Rival, Speed Demon and the Russian speed teams. I figure they'll add yet another good guy to the team and bring in Bart/Impulse at some point.

We already chewed through Rival and Speed McGee Demon as one-offs. Inertia is about the only one left I can think of.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, S3 wasn't really a recovery. They just had to spend the entire season trying to fix a really dumb writing choice at the end of S2. 4 has the potential to be good without all that baggage. We'll see.

Eleven words on the very first S4 cold open could fix everything:

"My name is Wally West, and I'm the fastest man alive."

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Guy A. Person posted:

Me wanting to stay up late to watch this show when I was 6 years old is what started my obsession with the Flash.

why am I not surprised you're a goon, thawne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Combat Pretzel posted:

I'm nearing the end of season 1. Iris is a shrieking and annoying mess. Does that ivory tower bitching stop eventually?

ehnnnnnnnnnnn

• Locked thread