Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yeah, "airbrushed shadows around the pecs to try to make them look more prominent than the gut" is not a great design

i'm gonna try to do this with all my shirts now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzq5H2qAyh8

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Koalas March posted:

I'm a woman. A black woman. Which you should know by now because I spent a long time in the last thread explaining why Iris is important to women and young girls of color. To you iirc. My "gimmick" as you call it, is pretty harmless and I'm sorry that my defending a black woman character is so threatening to you.

I'm not really attempting to police by asking people to stay positive and on topic. Iirc it's perfectly acceptable for the OP to do this. I think it's a cute thread and it has gotten some positive feedback and been cool til people came in to bitch about Iris/Barry. Which is useless because we all know it's inevitable, so what do you accomplish by complaining?

People are allowed to voice their disdain, and also make incest jokes. It doesn't have to detract from what you take away from the show.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Guy A. Person posted:

Thanks for the update on what people are allowed to do. KM is likewise allowed to voice her opinion on the dumb incest jokes. You were allowed to make your post replying to her. I am allowed to make this post. Nobody is disallowing anyone from doing anything, your First Amendment rights are safe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_QEwzmsnHg

Thanks for your contribution.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Renzian posted:

I think it's just the whole "he has to end up with her because comics canon!" thing. It may not make sense in the context of the show for them to end up with each other, but by God it will happen.

nevermind that Arrow killed black canary to have him hook up with a tv created character

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So I'm basically an rear end in a top hat because I just want a cool comic book show and don't give a poo poo about twitter spats or hash tags.

Iris, as a character, is poorly written and I do not like her. Candace Patton seems like a nice lady and she's very attractive, but unless they Flashpoint her character into being more functional then I don't really care about the Canon of their relationship.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Koalas March posted:

I am a white privileged male give me a superhero show that doesn't involve poc, intersectionality or anything that makes me uncomfortable, please get me away from these conversations I don't like them

You seem to be projecting a lot

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I bet you're a loving blast at parties.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

You are literally calling people racist for not liking a character. Not the actress. A character.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Guy Goodbody posted:

Most of the romances in the CW DC shows are not well written

I also hate felicity. Come at me.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Oh god can this show start already so this can end

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Please quote what was racist in this thread.

And yeah. Don't auto load images because it will kill your mobile plan ASAP.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Ville Valo posted:

No, I think we got confirmation that this is not happening and Flashpoint is confined to Flash-only.

And hopefully only like 2 episodes.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Lingering effects bets:

1) Someone who was a bad guy is now a good guy
2) Someone who was a good guy is now a bad guy
3) Iris is now in a deeply committed relationship with someone else. Again.
4) Barry's mother lived and father died.
5) Cisco is still rich.

Place your bets.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

They already did 1, you probably forgot because they didn't go anywhere with it.

I remember. I almost wonder if they will use this to flip him back so they can re-use footage from that episode again.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Yeah and like immediately after on the CW website and app.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

two scenes from tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ziH817AKJw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhXywBwep0I

e: three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqHcv2W8TTI

e: four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylHRnFynfnI

No Butt Stuff fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Oct 4, 2016

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dead until whatever he's on gets cancelled again.

The worst part of this is that they got rid of Diggle's daughter.

WTF, couldn't just leave that one alone?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Will Barry's memory fade of Timeline 1 and Timeline 2 now? And will he eventually remember all of timeline 3? Or does that not work when it's a lovely reality he doesn't like?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Or they could conceivably not have Norah Allen living be something the effects the gender of Diggle's child. Or anything in a city 600 miles away. I understand the whole "butterfly effect" thing, but it's also not hard to suspend your disbelief that maybe it wouldn't radiate outward that far, that quickly. I mean, what? Does she later run over an ARGUS platoon killing Lyla?

It didn't have to affect other shows, given that it had only been ~15 years and the major event that it somehow changed was no metas, which apparently only largely occurred two years ago.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Phenotype posted:

Who's another super genius that might show up? It can't be anyone that's met HR in the main universe, because he certainly would have mentioned that they're his partner's doppleganger.

I.... wouldn't take this as fact. This is the Flash, remember?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

The cliffhanger ending was annoying. Of course Barry is pinned with no escape. By a speed god or whatever.

Do you think he'll phase through (inexplicably, since it's be countered) or that Wally will burst out of his lava shell thing and sweep the leg?

Actually no, Joe will shoot Savitar in the leg, it'll plink off, but he'll run away and we'll hear "drat that was close, you okay?"

Also, it's pretty obvious Wally is going to be Kid Flash. So are they going to keep two speedsters full time? It seems like they shipped Jesse and Harry back to Earth-2 because they DIDN'T want that. Will it be all "Barry trains Wally" or does Wally hop in at roughly Barry's level already?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dongattack posted:

At the end Flash says "Who are you?" and the thingamajig said something back, what was it? My source for this show isn't subtitled and i can't make it out.

Savitar, the god of speed.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My thermostat is set to 67 and that's only because my wife thinks the kids will die of exposure if we just leave it at 60 where it belongs.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

irlZaphod posted:

Cisco: "Wow Wally is even faster than Barry was when he got his powers"
Barry: :sigh:

don't worry, professor stein will come in and explain that it's only due to his natural athleticism.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

He transmuted stuff once, but it didn't really give the impression he could do much except turn something into... water, I think?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Well one of the bad things can definitely happen to Joe's new girlfriend.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I liked how they used HR on the rooftop as evidence that they could change the future.

What about the possibility that Barry just didn't notice a guy in dark clothes on a far off roof top because he was watching his girlfriend get murdered?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Gypsy was apparently talking to accelerated man. Who the gently caress is that?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Probably Dante.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Okay, but, seriously: how does he get a toaster to toast bread faster?!?

He opens a wormhole to two minutes ago and puts the toast in.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

THF13 posted:

The map is counting the population of speedsters, not the total city populations.

still seems low.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

East St. Louis is the Glades.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I hope it's some rando Indian guy that Barry bumped into at Jitters one time.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

To be fair, I think if Barry and the Speedforce ever get along, he will disappear into and become one with it or something stupid.

It's just weird and nebulous and defined as whatever is convenient.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

well so far the only recurring characters that have been killed have been white dudes, so it looks like they're following your advice.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Fine, they can put Iris in no-lunch supermax because there's no way savitar can spear her heart in the middle of the town square if she's in there!

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Tonight's the night and I don't remember what the cliffhanger was.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Color me genuinely curious about Savitar.

I assume it has to be Ronnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Woo can't wait for speed force not explaining poo poo about this over the next 3 weeks.

• Locked thread