Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Batman Beyond was good and when I get my serious writer chops I'm gonna do a gigantic Batman Netflix series about it.

My buddy suggested Jonathan Banks as Old Batman in a live action Batman Beyond series and it was such a great idea I sucked his dick right then and there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

trigger warning: sudden Josh giggling like a loving rear end in a top hat

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I appreciated The Void. I didn't like it, but I appreciate that they put so much effort into the practical effects.

Unfortunately the last scene has a horrible green screen shot which left me with a sour taste in my eyeballs.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

I was going to watch The Void but Jay said it was meh and he's right about everything always, so then I didn't. Sounds like it was the right call.

0% of all the tentacles in the movie went up vaginas/dickholes/assholes so he must've been very disappointed.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

New Planet of the Apes movie is loving excellent.

Emphatically agree. I dunno if it was just emotionally manipulative or if I'm a little bitch but I was invested in the CGI apes the entire time and got a little weepy.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mike doing his exaggerated impression of a guy in a movie, but in a movie

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I think some of their ideas are actually good so :shrug:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I've never understood that idea often pushed in places like CineD that a movie is actually really good even if it's boring poorly written trash so long as there's things maybe hidden deep within, if you interpret them the right way. That sort of depth can elevate a movie, but the core or bones of the movie still needs to be good in the first place.

"Actually the opening scene of space cop is clearly a reference to this, this, and this actual good movies. Hidden throughout the movie in the background are numbers, which correspond to biblical verses that when taken in the context of the text of the movie show both a deep understanding of theology and a biting criticism of early 20th century theology which, if you allow yourself to actually pay attention to the film, results in what is objectively one of the finest understanding of hegel seen in a movie"

No, it's still a poo poo and bad movie. If the movie itself is not well written and entertaining with enjoyable characters no amount of navel gazing or deeply hidden allegory or references to other things make it a not bad movie.

Shhh shhh shh it's okay, it's okay, you're safe now. You can stay with us, the mean cined posters can't hurt you anymore. Here, have a sip of Jay's cum. You'll feel right as rain soon.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

General Dog posted:

Why wouldn't it be a sequel

He becomes an Avenger obviously

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Schweinhund posted:

Well if it's a fantasy movie then it's different but it seems more like a buddy cop movie with fantasy elements then an all out fantasy movie. But LOTR does suck.

LOTR is really good, the gently caress wrong with you?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

ultrabindu posted:

Fifth Element is the third best Die Hard movie.

I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain with a slickly edited and narrated video about the subject?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I love The Fifth Element but Valerian made me want to claw my loving eyes out.

Thanks for reading.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I was flabbergasted by how not-horrible and I'd even say funny and enjoyable the Goosebumps movie was.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

bring back old gbs posted:

it was extremely cool to see the fish aliens use pirate tactics and also when the giant rear end ships 9/11 eachother was boss
" NO YOURE NOT WATCHING STAR WARS CORRECTLY!"

- RLM

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm hungover, someone please give me an old BotW/WotW to watch. Preferably no Josh, but if the episode is good enough I guess it's fine. Thank you.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

This is probably the best episode ever

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

reignofevil posted:

Hey just fyi that last BoTW is :nws: for tiny titties.

Tiny titties eh? Must not be Josh shirtless then, thank gently caress.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Look of Silence is absolutely required viewing as well.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

From Cum to Piss: The RLM thread story

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I've never read the books but from what has been described to me it sounds like a very complex fantasy epic of interwoven stories and it seems to have a lot to offer.

But the movie looks like a dumb, mindless schlockfest of people shooting other people with guns until eventually a Dark Tower(tm) shoots a laser beam into the sky.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

It's because Valerian was dogshit garbage made by assholes.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I don't poop with my butt

I poop with my heart

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm at the part where they're in the Jimmy Fallon bubble ride.

:suicide:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can think of a ton of exceptions

Me too, we're both really smart and wise

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mildly interesting, mildly funny, but more or less unnecessary. GB2016 just isn't really worth anyone's time.

Just do the Matrix sequels goddammit

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

There's an equivalent but they're much less rad because like I said it's much worsw

The wormhole alien gods and the pahwraiths are the worst aspects of DS9 and the pilot is very poo poo mate. DS9 as a whole is amazing obviously, but Arrival is much more interesting than talking to monotone autistic people in heart-beat-sound-land

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I would love a novelty zombie movie where everyone is rational and logical the entire time and people only die due to inescapable circumstances or extremely bad luck. I mean there'd be zero tension or humanity but at least I'd get to see cool anti-zombie ideas play out on screen.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I get mad about movies sometimes but gently caress me I don't go and make an entire subforum about it

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

Bullshit, Josh would be Scrappy. Scooby is Len.

The implication that Jay and Josh are friends in any sense makes me queasy.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

So since they are ghosts, and since most of the "ghosts" in Ghostbusters are some type of creature, does that mean they're the ghosts of dead aliens, or ghosts of dead demons?

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

"Yes! Ghost aliens!"

--Paul Feig

"Those were some of the most - and I'm not exaggerating - some of the most talented ghost aliens I have ever had the privilege to work with."

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

If you're in the market for lots of Firefly opinions in 2017: my friend you just hit pay dirt

Scroll up and enjoy. :)

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I thought he quit Twitter

Stephen Fry is also back. Just can't get enough of that twitter feed baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Lost was a good show throughout its entire run.

("The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine")

• Locked thread