Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Sounds like a story made up for people to have this reaction.

Nothing about this story is at all implausible.

Chomp8645 posted:

AITA for calling out a potential racist?

And by racist I mean a person about whom I can't recall any actual racist actions or comments, but he was mean to me so he might be racist!

Eh, it's not like racists all wear signs or something. It's perfectly possible the poster is right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Chomp8645 posted:

True, but imo it's not ok to go around publicly accusing people of things that are "perfectly possible". It wouldn't be ok to tell everyone in the shop "hey, Joe is a rapist!" , or a thief, or an abuser, or an addict, because it's "perfectly possible" when the only evidence presented is "he's a dick to me".

Oh yeah, the op's a dick. I'm just saying that "acts weird and hostile to a black person" can in fact be evidence of racism.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

QuarkJets posted:

NTA cause that's a big red flag sitting on a bookshelf but you probably should have just left instead of going to that superbowl party

lol

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Neito posted:

Sorry, but "Just mean" people don't immediately reach for the motherfucking N word as an insult. Also, she, but it's pretty clear even without that that you didn't read a word of the story.

Take a breath, go back and read the story again, and realized that nobody is talking about whether the girl is a racist.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug
I mean, whatever he said, he pretty obviously didn't mean, "I want to have sex with two people you picked out with no discussion or advance notice."

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

Nobody is arguing that.

Right it's just really funny how quickly it escalated.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

carry on then posted:

It's considerate the back down when it's apparent you're forcing someone else into a potentially violent confrontation as part of their job

It's good to see you adding, "feckless coward" to your repertoire. It's always nice to have trolls with more than one angle.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Remember when internet tough guys would tell elaborate stories about using karate on muggers rather than being super passive aggressive on planes? Those were the days.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I just remembered you as one of the people defending the ex-fiance, but I don't know where you got the whole "no handies were given" thing from something with a title that was explicit about that. My apologies!

You might be confused because Quark Jets was drawing a distinction between touching a stripper's dick and a handjob, which is not a distinction most people cared about.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

razorrozar posted:

this reads fake to me but i think its author should be :thermidor: anyway on principle

I like the ever shrinking amounts of wealth needed to be worth the guillotine here. Is it just the Ipad Pro owners who go up against the wall now? Or anyone with a tablet?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for uninviting someone to a party over comments they made about the invitation?

I know this isn't the point of the post, but they've been dating for six years and she still lives with her mom?

I don't foresee good things for that relationship.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Jack2142 posted:

This has to be bait right?

Any Christian that uptight would be asking advice from like r/christiandiscipleship or whatever.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Leon Einstein posted:

So he offered her some and she said no and then he made her other food and she's still complaining. Also, why is her hunger his problem?

Because presumably you like and care about your girlfriend? And also she's a guest in your home?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

Pillbug

Motherfucker posted:

Eh, different dynamic. Plus this dude sounds like a reddit issue weenie so I feel less charitable.

Both wanting your own space after a gathering, and being weirded out that someone is in your own without your knowledge or permission are really normal reactions. And you going so hard after this dude is frigging odd.