Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

KomodoWagon posted:

berth ell pup jesus loving christ :laffo:

Like, I don't speak Old Norse, but I can tell that poo poo isn't Old Norse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Dial-a-Dog posted:

It's this guy's own fault for half assing his grift. If you want to convince people you're British for anything other than a one night stand, you're just going to have to commit to convincing everyone that you're British so the secret doesn't get out.

Seriously though that dude's a creep and she should probably blow up his spot every time he brings a girl back

I would love to see what happens if he actually meets a British chick. (I can confirm as an actual British person who lived in the US for years that the accent does get you hella laid, mind you...)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Does it work the other way around? I don't care personally because I'm never going to the UK, but I'm curious. All the US cultural exports must make US accents sound humdrum, and even if not American English sounds like a barking dog who dropped out of German II.

Yeah, mostly, no, if you're talking about a generic American accent. A Deep South type accent can work pretty well though, going for that whole Gone with the Wind thing I guess.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

JFairfax posted:

no, we hate americans in england. all foriengers in fact now

Um you live in Chicago now, you're no longer in a position to say things like that, immigrant :colbert:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

True, but work friends are a different kind of friend. Not even because of them, it can be because of you too. Obviously, you have to behave differently with those you work with than those you don't. So she's going to be in for a world of disappointment if she thinks they're the same thing either.

It's an open relationship and she often 'crashes on this chef dude's couch'. Are we sure that isn't more like 'is impaled on his dick' i.e. it's already more than a work friendship?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

I cannot for the life of me parse anything meaningful from that story.

What?

What?!

Natural vs straightened hair and 'good hair' in general is a big thing historically for African-American women. Like, historically black women straightened their hair to look more like white ideas of what's pretty on women. I'm guessing she has a big chip on her shoulder about that for some reason and thinks her boyfriend wants her to look ghetto/unclassy as a control thing? :shrug:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

this might get deraily but how the gently caress are they Jews and not Christians then

If it's this guy's organisation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moishe_Rosen - they are Christians. It's kind of a Baptist bait and switch to get Jewish people to convert.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

Filial piety dictates that the son suffers silently as the mother runs rampant with his credit history.

Surely as a minor you can't legally enter into a contract anyway. The debts should be unenforceable (and any company that's letting her use his deets is on the hook for making an unenforceable deal with a minor without checking).

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Anony Mouse posted:

Please stop talking about the master self-cuck, it's hilarious but gets a bit old and is a bit like punching a defenseless, self-owning baby who has already falcon punched himself into outer space.

Me [19 M] having HUGE anxiety over my internet history

"help, I'm a chubby chaser and this fact might ruin my life"

Jokes aside, the poor kid needs to take a chill pill. I seriously doubt that Anonymous is waiting in the wings to hack and kinkshame him, and even if they did his dirty secret really isn't all that dirty. Sounds like he just has deep seated anxiety that could manifest over almost anything. :therapy:

I feel sorry for the poor big girls he will presumably end up dating. Dude should just chill out, fat chicks are hot.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Are these "red flags" or am I overthinking things? [22/F][23/M]
My boyfriend's a rapist, is that a redflag??

I, err, hope the comments in the thread are to the same effect because :yikes: she is going to get raped.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Leon Einstein posted:

I don't think it's religion; this woman won't even give him a handy, and we all know Jesus is cool with that.

Not necessarily, for the same reason some real Jesus freaks aren't cool with masturbation. Spilling the seed on the ground and all that.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Lockback posted:

I think we might have a nice bumper crop coming up

my [17f] boyfriend [16m] is scared of Hillary Clinton winning the election

Good news redditor!

(:negative:)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Sammus posted:

He'll cook, but it sounds like he's the kinda rear end in a top hat who doesn't believe in doing anything to clean up after he cooks.

I can't blame him for being confused about insurance though, that poo poo is confusing as gently caress for anyone. Taxes though? Give me a fuckin break, it's not like he didn't have to pay them wherever he used to live. Mother fucker should get Turbo Tax.

If you live in the UK and work a regular job taxes are automatic. You don't have to file anything every year.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

women need to stop dating terrible older men that smarter, age-contemporary women discarded. they're effectively subsidizing the dude not getting his poo poo together. then he gets to be 45 and too saggy even for the daddy-issue'd and then where will he be? eating chex mix out of a can, and it doesn't even come in a can. it's cruel.

I've known chicks in their 20s with daddy issues who date dudes in their 60s. There's always hope.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Troposphere posted:

when I went to London there were coin operated bathrooms and it was the worst

Was that in the railway station? Because that is a thing there (yes, it sucks) but only there, not in restaurants that I've ever seen and definitely not in houses.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Bubblyblubber posted:

Dating anyone of any age is gross, all those fluids and smells yuk!

But it is also sometimes a felony.

Not with a 17 year old in quite a lot of states, though. California isn't the entire US.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Interracial couples are p uncommon and I would just say that they were both expressing sentiments that the vast majority of people have whether they're willing to admit it or not, it's super weird to get so bent out of shape about it imo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hello hi I am in an interracial marriage and in this thread *spooky noises*

It's not actually that uncommon assuming you don't literally live in Naziville, Mississibama.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mirthless posted:

severe phimosis is treated with circumcision, though :confused:

look it up my man

It's not the first thing they should be trying but it sounds like he's pretty far past the point of simple stretching exercises and hydrocortisone

Hello hi former phimosis-haver here and I did indeed get medically circumcised for it at the age of 13.

I do not recommend the several months of agonising recovery while your wang looks like raw beef.

Edit: and his gf can forget about sex for like three more months after the op, too, obvs.

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 7, 2017

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it's a bunch of doofy bullshit mostly recently invented to separate fools from their money but even the women who don't need every goofy rear end rule enforced to the letter to feel 'legitimate' typically have to deal with a shrieking harpy swarm of other women who do think that way, just wear the loving blue dress for a day dude.

:stonklol:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

Eventually I caught her having anal sex with a "friend" in the basement. I angrily kicked the guy out and grounded her for a month. She told me it was the first time and it wouldn't happen again.

Uhhh how the hell did he know this. Was he looking that closely at his daughter banging?

Also yes your daughter is gonna bang hella dudes, as is her right as an adult, better learn to deal with it.

Edit: he saw a man and a woman having sex. Figuring out exactly which hole it's going in? Yeah that's not exactly casual across the room stuff, y'know.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

At least a sternly worded letter from the Queen Mum about how disappointed she is or something.

Uh. Dictated via Ouija board?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

Did the old warhorse finally pop off? I've been avoiding news almost entirely for a good while.

And/or my memory has gotten kinda lovely for medical reasons.

She's been in the grave for a decade and a half, dude. :shobon:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

haha, I was thinking of the current Queen. What, do you think I'm some sort of filthy papist or something?

I guarantee that if her current Maj had died you would have heard about it, 'avoiding the news' or not. Same with the pope even if you're not a papist :sun:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

How come psychos and victims seem to find each other so often in relationships? You would assume 90% of the women out there would get out long before that point.

Chances are that often happens and thus it never ends up on Reddit because 'he did something a bit crazy and I instantly dumped his rear end' isn't much of a story.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

i like the part where they act like croatia is some sort of war torn hellhole

(to be fair, there are a lot of australians on gap year)

I mean to be fair it literally was....about 25 years ago.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

one nice thing about europe is you can get an overnight train to pretty much anywhere pretty cheap, he should ditch his friend and finish the trip alone

Uhhh not the part of Europe known as Britain which is apparently where he is. Trains are expensive here.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

An ambulance could easily be $2000 at the low-end in the US without insurance.

My dudes have you considered having a National Health Service? It turns out that works pretty well, by and large.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

how does it work in europe, healthcare wise?

i had a friend saying they were going to get an EU passport so when they retire they can just show up in the country their parents came over from for healthcare when they retire, but i suspect that won't fly?

All depends on the country. He can't get 'an EU passport', he has to get e.g. a French or German one. In the UK, to get the free routine healthcare you have to be a UK resident (regardless of citizenship, including British). I'm pretty drat sure the NHS isn't going to charge you for the ambulance if you keel over in the street regardless of that, though.

(Though some Googling does show that they charge you, or rather your insurer, if it's a road traffic accident and you're the one at fault - more like 50 quid than a grand, though!)

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Danaru posted:

My friend won lawsuit of over $1 million, but wants to use my bank account to deposit the money. What can go wrong?

Anyone have that giant growing :redflag: gif handy?

It's probably this - https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/money-transfer-scams

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

Bf's mom asked me to provide birth certificate, W-2 and last 2 paystubs so she can bring someone over from Vietnam?

My guess would be a fake https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

:catstare:

That woman should not be allowed near animals

On the plus side at least, feral cats and indeed feral cat colonies are a thing? They're not like human newborn babies or anything, it's quite possible they're still alive.

Still a poo poo thing to do mind you; on the other, take them to a shelter and there's a fair chance a lot of them get put down anyway if they can't find a new owner.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Personally I think fat chicks are hot

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

What are the worst consequences I could get for what I did

I mean, trying to buy alcohol when you're below the age limit is its own crime.

Also, he might get the shop owner into legal trouble as well. Nice job kid.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Cumslut1895 posted:

Seems like the obvious response is to tell the husband everything and destroy her marriage?

He did.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

16 year old probably shouldn't be loving a 27 year old

Yeah this. Or more like 27 year old shouldn't be loving 16 year old. It is (just, barely) legal in the UK assuming the maid doesn't count as being in a position of authority over the boy in some fashion (there are laws to stop teachers, clergymen etc boning their charges under the age of 18) but come on :aatrek:

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

So his big thing is that he should be able to say it wherever/whenever he likes (and probably thinks spelling the word he's saying out loud 'nigga' makes it fine) but he calls it the N word in the title of his post?

Come on, guy. You know you hosed up. Going James Damore on this is not going to get you anywhere.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I once was conversing with a black co-worker about representation in The Star Wars (we were agreeing it was Good, and also Cool), and another black co-worker overheard and spun it off into a discussion over whether the preferred nomenclature was "black" or "african american" and instead of piping up and contributing with "well ~actually~ John Boyega is a British Subject," I did the Homer fading into the bushes move but with cubicles.

I feel this was the correct choice.

Considering British subjects (at least when we're talking about a dude born in Peckham) aren't a thing since

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Nationality_Act_1948

you'd be right! :sun:

Edit: cripes good thing we don't have any colonies per se these days I guess

feedmegin fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Aug 14, 2017

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

Insipid homewrecker. This red A's for you dipshit.

Why do you think the guy's attached? Not everyone that age is you know.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

limpy wimpy posted:

Its actually 3 years, and all the branches have that. And its for not having ANY discipline problems.

"The criteria for a Good Conduct Medal are defined by Executive Orders 8809, 9323, and 10444. The medal is awarded to any active-duty enlisted member of the United States military who completes three consecutive years of "honorable and faithful service". Such service implies that a standard enlistment was completed without any non-judicial punishment, disciplinary infractions, or court martial offenses. If a service member commits an offense, the three-year mark "resets" and a service member must perform an additional three years of service without having to be disciplined, before the Good Conduct may be authorized."

It amuses me that in the American military you can get an actual medal for this. Brezhnev would be envious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Anne Whateley posted:

The coupon was probably from restaurants.com; they offer ludicrous coupons like $1 for $25 worth. The problem is there are a ton of catches and the restaurant usually isn't on board so you would have to debate them constantly.

Uh how does that even work? The website just makes up a coupon saying 'this poo poo is super cheap' ?! Surely the restaurant has to have approved it for it to work at all.