Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Dienes posted:

Yeah, I don't think she wanted drama. Just active acceptance rather than ambivalence.

Dad wasn't ambivalent at all. He hasn't expressed anything negative about her coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Cats don't stink if you just use the right litter and clean it. My girlfriend (who's owned cats) literally did not realize the lidded box next to the trash can in my kitchen was a litter box until she saw the cat go in it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

duz posted:

"Honey, why did your cat just throw itself away?"
I'm curious what she thought it was?

She just thought it was a random box in the kitchen. Didn't realize it was a litter box because there's no smell.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

yeah no you were both just nose blind your cats make your entire home stink to everyone who isn't a cat owner. same thing with weed, stoners

Nah, it's this specific cat litter.
https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Step-Crystals-Premium-Clumping/dp/B001OQXEHK
She's brought up that she didn't understand how my house didn't smell despite there being a cat.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Wait you guys don't dress up your dicks and show pictures to your best friends?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

One rule on stag parties that is often enforced - there is no contact allowed with any girls, partners, etc by anyone at the party.
It's guys only.

Wait, is a stag do like your last chance to explore your latent homosexual feelings before you get married? In the US a bachelor party is usually your last chance to hang out with a bunch of girls.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is sushi ok for pregnant women? My friend was avoiding undercooked meats and charcuterie during her pregnancy. I thought that was the boyfriend's reasoning at first but then it turned out he was just a racist idiot.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Barudak posted:

Its infinitely easier for you and the doctor to agree to cut out cold cuts and raw fish than to have a nuanced discussion and keep track of all teh finer points of the exceptions to the general rule of thumb. Like you can drink low amounts of alcohol during pregnancy, but why bother letting people thinking theyre good judges and instead just tell them none.

Im more worried they guy thinks genetics determine food palatability.

Hah, my girlfriend's mother was living in Germany when she was pregnant. People didn't understand how she could have a healthy baby if she wasn't drinking beer every day.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Maybe he was just really bad and she just wanted his penis to shrink back inside of his body so it would end.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That one was hilarious. They would dress them up to in costumes and stuff.

This guy is just gay.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There is a King of the Hill episode that is almost that exact story.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

Well, they totally could, they just don't, because they don't have to and $9.99 looks better than $10.58.

In certain states it actually is illegal. It's not just a convenience thing.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Haifisch posted:

My husband drained our accounts and wants to kick the kids and I out of the house in a week.

My inlaws came over that night with $200 in cash and a check for much more. My father in law is didn't say much, but he did fix my bathroom door (which is how he shows affection), and muttered that he would "fix this".

Normally the advice is :murder: but I think the FIL has that part taken care of already.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

I [50s m] discovered that my daughter [33/f] has been married ten years. Her wedding was nine years ago

On the one hand that's kinda weird, on the other hand, who cares?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

fruit on the bottom posted:

Brother's [28M] pregnant girlfriend [24F] has a problem with the name I [40F] chose for my new dog. I offered to change the name but they are just giving me the silent treatment now.

Just name the dog after the girlfriend. Problem solved.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Adam Vegas posted:

People at my workplace have literally flown in from other countries and stayed in hotels in order to interview for positions here...complaining about an hour's drive seems so dumb in comparison lmao

It sounded like she was applying to a hair salon. That's not really comparable. Would you drive two hours to interview for Walmart cashier?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Barudak posted:

If you served in WW2 and Korea Im pretty sure youre entitled to one free murder, no questions asked.

The twist: everyone in the family is German ... not sure how to explain the participating in the Korean war bit though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

This is a thing?!

I went into a pet store for the first time in decades recently and saw that they had $1,200 Chihuahuas and $2,400 Huskies and poo poo but I guess i didn't connect the dots that predatory lending had extended to using the guilt you feel for cute animals.

Just get a random street mutt at that point.

There's a bill in CA that bans selling of dogs and cats in pet stores. Of course they're complaining that this will just create a black market for purebred pups.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Danaru posted:

I’m (21F) having a really hard time with an insane roommate (22F) and don’t know if it’s worth talking to her about because I know she’ll just argue

We go to a private university that has a curfew for unmarried students.

That was actually the most ridiculous part of the entire post for me. Is this Liberty or Bob Jones?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Blade Runner posted:

If that story is real, she is legitimately 100% hosed if the guy claims he never touched her and she just started stabbing him. I guess she has to hold out hope that people who grope women in the park are idiots, which isn't a terrible bet, but she's more than likely screwed.

Enh, you can freely shoot a child for wearing a hoodie and just claim he assaulted you. This woman will be fine, especially in Utah. American society loves this kind of revenge fantasy crap.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Vargatron posted:

Are we saying that from the standpoint that a 20 year old doesn't have the maturity to handle the age gap? Because I know a few people who started dating at 25/35 and that seemed to work out just fine.

25 is finished college and has worked for 3-4 years. While 20 is not done with school yet. Those are pretty different.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

She drives at 9 miles per hour? I don't think she even knows how far 3 miles is. Maybe that 20 minutes includes the 3 minutes to walk from the front door to the car and 10 minutes from her parking spot to wherever she works?

It takes me 45 minutes to drive 11 miles to work. If traffic is heavy it can easily take an hour or more.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Some people are just incredibly petty assholes that will pinch the weirdest pennies, while simultaneously blowing thousands of dollars on bullshit. I used to work for a company that, instead of just capping how much PTO you could accrue, would reset your PTO hours to zero on your hiring anniversary. This turbofucked the guys who got hired in December because every year they wouldn't have any vacation time for going to visit people for the holidays.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. How does anyone willingly work there?

I had a friend who's company didn't payout accrued vacation time when someone left the company. Then they would get mad that people would go on a long vacation right before giving their two weeks.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I mean then isn't it functionally the same as not zeroing it out and having a cap instead?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
On the other hand, people who can afford to even be the least bit picky would then immediately jump ship from companies with garbage policies. I guess it depends on their industry but it actively encourages the hiring of people with the least marketable skills.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

If a company was bad to work for no one would work for them and they'd go out of business. Basic market forces force all employers to treat staff well.

I assume this is sarcasm. But obviously places like Wal-mart can have garbage policies since the supply of unskilled workers is way higher than the demand. But for companies that require skilled workers where the supply is much lower, it greatly benefits them to provide good benefits to their employees.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Right, Amazon's benefits package is "we pay you a gently caress ton more money than anyone else will". But it's not like having lovely policies costs the company nothing. I suppose that company that resets your PTO to 0 every year on your join date could pay very well or something. In general though, companies trying to attract highly skilled workers try to have very good benefits because it's good for the company.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
In exchange we get really bad healthcare.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
That is a good joke.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

Cleveland, for maximum tragicomedy points.

All the Cleveland fans I know are proud of their perfect season.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I laugh whenever I see an interview candidate that lists their hobbies or extra curriculars on their resume. I don't think seeing Garlic Bread listed would leave any better or worse impression than photography or whatever.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [21 M] girlfriend [22 F] acts like rules don't apply to her, and it makes me uncomfortable

The test thing is lovely, but the rest of it reveals how much of an uptight loser the OP is.

It kind of is but drat, if you can ace college level calc and physics after cheating to get placed into the classes, good for you.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

It is extremely important that the grandma at death's door be converted to Reddit atheism and taught that nothing awaits her in the afterlife

His grandpa living on through him to do good deeds for his grandma is literally how he described what she believes is happening.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Girlfriend secretly Darkman.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Why even get married if you aren't planning on using *borat voice* "my wife" in casual conversation whenever possible?

My main goal is to save a syllable over having to say "my girlfriend". Except right now I have to say "my fiancee" and it's the wooorst.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Here in a America, the best case scenario is that only one innocent person was brutally shot to death.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

poo poo, Monster Energy drinks alone will probably cause afib.

I can't wait to see how the first generation of energy drink drinkers fare in middle-to-old age. It's like a science experiment in real time!

A Monster is same caffeine as a cup of coffee. It's really not a big deal unless you're drinking 6 cans a day or something.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
There are also sugar free versions. My point is most energy drinks aren't some Extreme product that will ruin your health unless you really go overboard on them. They're no different from coffee, soda, or any other caffeinated beverage.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Drunk Nerds posted:

:goalposts:

Did you purposefully not quote the rest of my post where I say they're no different from just soda in general? Sure it's not great for you but having a soda, coffee, or energy drink every now and then isn't going to kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I assume trampolining is like ultimate frisbee where it sounds dumb but then you try it and it's hard as balls and oh god my entire body is dying.