Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for refusing to go to Christmas after my stepfather threw away the toy I got for my little brother?

So the story goes that I bought my little brother, who is 7, one of the new “gender neutral” Barbie dolls for Christmas. I gave it to him Christmas Eve. It can be a boy or a girl. I got it for him because he doesn’t have any dolls and I thought it was cute and creative, I got him the one that looks most like him.

He opened and it immediately named it “Lightning”, noted that one of his favorite YouTube creators had one, and dressed it up as a boy then a girl then a boy, he asked me for more outfits for it and was overall super stoked.

I found out today while at my husband’s family’s Christmas dinner that my brother’s father, my step-father, thought the toy was too girly and made it “disappear.”

I was supposed to go to their place for dinner Sunday, but I’m hurt by my step-father doing this and my mother condoning it. I told her I didn’t want to be around anyone who was so bigoted and sexist, that they would throw away a toy their child liked because it was “girly.”

This snowballed and had my siblings and grandparents cancel going to their dinner to have a separate dinner with me. I did NOT ask them to this. They decided to. However, I feel incredibly guilty because my mom is upset and everyone cancelled on her. Am I the rear end in a top hat?

Your family did the right thing and they're cutting out the rear end in a top hat stepdad. I feel sorry for the little brother though, drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
The real rear end in a top hat is the kid tbh. Three years old is old enough to pick herself up by her bootstraps and get along without her father.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"loving in the room owned by the 6 year old is incredibly trashy and bad" is not a uniquely American mindset, no.

You'll find that most non-Americans have sex in their children's rooms, much like how they spell it as "colour" vs "color." It's extremely sophisticated sex-having.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

quote:

My eldest daughter has a pretty large single bed in her room (it is bigger than your standard single bed, but not quite as big as a double - it was custom made for unrelated reasons), so I offered my sister and BIL the option of staying in her bed instead of on the sofa. I checked with my daughter (who as a 6 year old, was just excited for them to see her things because she thinks her room is super cool) and she said yes, so they came on the 23rd and they were supposed to stay until the 27th.

However, on Christmas eve night I thought I heard creaking coming from the room. I wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid, but it annoyed me a little to think that they'd be having sex in there. I assumed they wouldn't do that in a room surrounded by baby pictures and child's things, so I went to sleep. The next morning, I went into the room after they had woken up to get the presents for my youngest daughter, as I was hiding some in the closet. When I walked in, the room literally smelled of sex. This is gross, but it smelled like sweat and semen. There was a large wet spot on the bed sheets.

Americans are so prudish, everyone else is okay with jizzing on a six-year old's bed, especially onto sheets that probably leaked onto the mattress pad. Doesn't everyone do it at least once in their kid's bed?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

snergle posted:

whats the thread title from i ctrl f'd europe and went back 10 pages. the thread moves so fast some times.

the heat goes wrong posted:

Both redditors and OP seem to be weirdly focused on there being childrens toys and pictures in the same room during the sex.

Is there some sort of taboo among the americans that I'm unaware of, or can I just file it under "people who post on reddit are weird".

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Lady should be glad her bf didn't get a plastic ring pop with a brown mood stone shaped like a heart lol

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

ad090 posted:

I feel bad for everyone who got heated over that post about the guy who wouldn't raise the not bio kid. From his repost on relationship_advice, it's 100% clear it's a shitpost made by some mgtow chud.

I told my ex girlfriend's daughter that I'm not her father. Now my ex is furious

So what does he want lmao? He doesn't give a poo poo about the kid and he had a bad break up with his ex, now he's whining to reddit for validation instead of blocking them and calling it a day. If he really hates the kid that much and if the ex is bothering him to a level he can't ignore then the only thing he can do is just detach from them at every level which isn't hard to do. It's not hard to see his sister's POV but of course this guy lives totally online so instead of talking it out with her he thinks his trust is COMPLETELY LOST or whatever.

Oh well he can always subscribe to Pewdiepie, everyone knows that having any kind of care or compassion for any kid that's not related to you is a sign of being the ultimate cuck

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
mods please change my username to Glass Hymen

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for acting like a conspiracy theorist to get out of political arguments with my Dad?

My Dad loves to have political arguments/“discussions” with me and other members of the family. I honestly think he does not care about half these issues and just wants to have fights with me and other people in the family. I have tried to simply opt out of them, but my Dad will get upset at me for “not participating with the family dynamic” and “never talking to him.” I also don’t really want him to have these discussions with other members of my family, since they almost always end up in hurt feelings. I’ve been looking for a redirect for a while.

I read a post online on doubling down whenever someone says a conspiracy theory, for example if someone says “they faked the moon landing” you say “haha, you sucker, you believe the moon is real?” I decided to implement the strategy after getting into way too many political arguments and upsetting myself and everyone around me.

My Dad saw something about climate change and started talking about how the Chinese government partnered with Obama to make it all up. I truly did not want to get into this political discussion. Instead I said, “oh, you’ve heard that, well get this” and discussed my new theory about how the federal government has created a tornado machine to set on people who want to vote Republican in the next election. He was truly flabbergasted at how stupid this was and decided to stop talking to me about this. It was wonderful. I’ve been doing it even more, and I haven’t had a political argument in a whole month.

This Christmas, he had a doozy planned. My aunt and her wife are feminist and very pro-choice. At the dinner table, he tried to do a toast to the “death of Planned Parenthood.” Let me note that he is pro-choice, really doesn’t care about this issue, and has said so several times. I think he just wanted to start a fight for the sport of it. Time and place! I said, “oh, thank God you mentioned it, I have to tell you this news I learned” and I talked about how Planned Parenthood does not in fact perform abortions, since it’s physically impossible, but instead removes entire uteruses and replaces them with dog uteruses.

I received a lecture about “not taking people’s political views seriously” from my Mom. I said it was just a strategy I use to diffuse political discussions. My Mom said, “you’re just making yourself look dismissive at best and insane at worst.”

This person owns. Your punishment is a pizza and your bedtime is never.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for telling my partner she is a millennial?

My gf is 31 and I am 25. She likes to act like she is not a millennial and is a gen X. I pointed out to her tonight that she is a millennial and she said what about all the lists that says she is. I googled it and texted her 28 examples that said millennials are born between 1981-1996 and I couldn’t find a single one to say she was part of gen x. She got mad at me and won’t talk to me and says she has the right to define her own generation. I said that’s literally not how it works and she got even madder at me. Now she’s downstairs and will not talk to me. She is born in 1988 therefore is a millennial, I don’t really know what else to say. My sister says I took it to far and should of just let her believe whatever she wants.

AITA for not letting it go and sending her all the examples?

All millennials were born after 1987. Prove me wrong, idiot lmao

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Sunswipe posted:

You're saying that as if it's a bad lesson.

:emptyquote:

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
this poo poo is why I don't go to concerts

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
pockets are slowly becoming more common for skirts and dresses but there's still an entire viable genre of youtube videos talking about how to sew on your own pockets.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling my brother out in front of family for acting like an alt-right extremist obsessed with the "boogaloo"?

My brother (Alan, 29M) is a complicated guy. He was a big troublemaker in high school and early college, which ended up with him going to prison for a year, and probation for 10 years. He eventually got out, got his degree, and joined a big company in the southeastern United States, all while still on probation. He eventually got off of probation, and immediately started spending huge chunks of his paychecks on buying and building custom semi-automatic rifles and pistols. My family has a number of LEOs and military, so we all generally lean to the right. They support his very eccentric gun-buying behavior, even when he puts himself in tight spots financially. All of that to say that he's got a grudge against the left, the government, and society in general.

I flew back to the southeast with my wife for Christmas, and we met my parents, brothers, and others at my uncle's house where we were all staying. Alan decides to say that his rifles are built specifically to help him survive "The Boogaloo". He makes multiple subtle anti-Semitic and racist jokes, and mentions his interest in joining a militia that operates in that state. He says these things so much that it makes my wife visibly uncomfortable when around Alan and Brad.

So incident where I want to know if I ATA:

The day after Christmas, Alan brings up the subject of the "Boogaloo" with most of the family members present, while we're all relaxing after dinner together. He talks about using his rifle to protect himself, his girlfriend, and to "fight the corrupted, Jew-filled government. He goes on to say that the number of Jews claimed to have been murdered in WW2 by the Nazis is inaccurate and blown out of proportion. He goes on to say that his gf wants to move back to Washington state, where her friends and family live. Alan says he won't move there, because it's not a "free state". He wants to move to Idaho, buy a bunch of property in the middle of the wilderness, and live there free from the "infiltrated American population by people of certain ethnicities that don't belong". I finally snapped. I told him to "shut up and stop spewing your anti-Semitic and racist bullshit". I told him I didn't care that we were brothers, and that I would report him to local authorities and post his Gab account and its comments on social media so that everyone would know to avoid him, and why. My brother called me an rear end in a top hat after my wife and I went back up to our room, and my parents said that while Alan was saying things that appeared extreme, he is free to believe that, and want me to apologize to him for what I said. I refused, and we left the next morning to stay with my grandparents that lived not too far away.

My dad is a Fed. He's admitted to me that my brother has been on a government watchlist for a few years now. Mostly because of his online activity, including his frequent weapons acquisitions.

your insane racist brother has given you a chance to :sever:, I recommend you take it
and sever from your insane family that keeps enabling him and wants you to apologize

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Kick your POS baby daddy to the curb. He doesn't care about the kids so he won't fight for them. You're free, run.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

Licarn posted:

My [29M] girlfriend [28F] has started pulling away after I said she’d been acting clingy lately. What do I do?

Help me reddit I got exactly what I asked for

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
incels just put words into a blender and just append the word "whore" it at this point. there's no reason to it, they're just walking thesauruses that want to kill people.

incel: these keyboard pineapple spinach whores won't gently caress me!!!! *runs over 10 random passerby at a mall with a van*

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012

mortons stork posted:

AITA for not letting my bf have any input on my pregnancy after he asked me for a paternity test?

Shining beacon of Petra energy for all to see and take example from. There are a few sparse guys going 'how dare you he had the right to ask for a paternity test' and they are all idiots

Ice cold, I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
Don't leave your door unlocked, holy poo poo. Don't invite yourself over to your SO's place without their permission either, that's not cool.