Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
:nws: barely http://i.imgur.com/JUdRxOO.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

bone app the teeth posted:

now she knows he jerks off to her facebook pictures. how does a young mind cope with information like this?

by 17 most women have learned that men will commonly creep on them and reduce them to a sexual object

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I guess if you're a parent it's one thing but for it to be acceptable around moms girlfriend? What the gently caress.

yeah PGAD is a real thing that is a problem for some people but of everyone in this story constantly masturbating tween is the least responsible and the least idiotic. they've just got a nerve disorder. the real villans here are poor boundaries mom and secret pedo girlfriend

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

DOMDOM posted:

Me [21 F] writing her future husband [?? M] till I find him

:allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge7mozA-ptI

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

There's literally nothing different about her from when he was interested in her.

yes there is. the difference is that now he knows she's not really interested in him. it's usually a bad idea to try to start a relationship with someone who isn't really interested in you

WampaLord posted:

Yea, he says that on the Internet so as to appeal cool and enlightened, but you know it's part of the reason.

ok i guess if we're just making things up then i wouldn't date someone with scraggly teeth either. nasty

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Nov 16, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

what's so bad about a guy who destroys your credit, skeeves out your parents, abuses substances, lies and emotionally abuses you? High standards ITT

they had sex three times a day before his dick swole up like a clown's balloon

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

I'm trying to imagine having so warped an attitude about kids that you're actually surprised and outraged that nobody has left a Facebook comment on a birth announcement saying "how irresponsible, what about your finances"

it's the same desire to be superior while also being mediocre that you make some lifestyle change like sobriety or celibacy and make it a core aspect of your personality, except these people don't realize they're self-owning when they admit they're incapable of one of the most natural human activities and their genes aren't worth passing on

it's perfectly fine to not want children, they are a lot of work and expensive and if that's not what you want from your life then go for it, it's your life. but my childless friends actually enjoy my fun and cute toddler's company because if you actively dislike children at all you are broken

Gaunab posted:

There was a time when GBS had that kind on anti-child rhetoric.

it's way easy to be radically anti-child in your late teens/early 20's because it doesn matter but now that the average goon is pushing 30 that's when poo poo gets real re: child having

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Nov 22, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Naerasa posted:

r/childfree makes me embarassed to not want kids because I don't want people thinking I'm judging them for their broodlings or fuckwads or whatever. I love kids and I think they're awesome, I just don't think I'd be a good parent based on a variety of genetic/personality factors. I'll spoil the poo poo out of other people's kids though, don't you worry. Gimme five minutes with a kid and I'm buying him an ice cream and a nintendo.

hey i have a kid and it sucks sometimes. it's also really great sometimes, like the best thing ever. but kids aren't for everyone. if you dont feel like kids fit into your lifestyle, don't have kids, there's nothing wrong with that. it's actually really good to have the confidence to say you don't want to take this huge life step. maybe you're missing out, maybe you aren't. in fact, there's a good symbiotic relationship between people who don't have kids but like kids and parents, when i'm at a party and i bring my kid i'm like yes please play with my kid, get your fun in, you get 15-20 minutes of low key babysitting for kicks and i get that same time to just sort of keep an eye out but also not have to watch my kid for once. a kid can't have enough fun uncles or aunties. dont feel guilty, it's the people who get soured on guilt or anger or stress or whatever re: kids who end up posting creepy rants on r/childfree

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Devian666 posted:

That shouldn't have been posted to childfree the cat is obviously his child.

this is the other creepy thing, all the childfree people i know irl way overcompensate with animals as surrogate children

The Snoo posted:

like for me it's just personal stuff (trauma, etc) and I can't stand loud noises/screaming so I don't wanna deal with that, and I'm lucky to have a partner who feels the same way. but I think the people on the childfree subreddit are lovely and gross, and usually really drat childish.

I'm probably broken tho, you're right

i have a toddler, i get it, kids can be obnoxious little fuckers sometimes, but if someone is all "a kid made loud noises and RUINED my trip to the ice cream store" something is wrong with them

e: i taught my daughter how to hit me in the face with a pillow tonight

pros: she spontaneously started counting 1-2-3 before she hit me with it, which made me proud

cons: she was way too into the idea of beating me about the head and neck with some object. it's weird because all kids are literally sociopaths because they haven't learned empathy and or social behavior yet

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Nov 23, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HardDiskD posted:

I dunno, it feels kinda strange to me that he is charging rent, when she is his SO. Maybe if he said that they were splitting the bills and groceries I wouldn't feel that way but. :shrug:

she says he owns the house but it's more likely that it's mortgaged, especially if SO brought a roomie in the house to defer costs. in that case she's helping pay the mortgage, which is functionally the same as paying rent to a landlord except she's helping build her SO's equity. if you're a finance nerd this could be considered exploitative but then again paying $300 a month for a residence is a great loving deal

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

*She belches (burps) so loud it's frightening. Like there's a 300 lb sumo wrestler living inside of her.

*She has shoulders broader than mine. She can pin me down in wrestling or beat me up if we were to get into a fist fight.

*She's the big spoon at night, making me feel like I’m not cuddling with a woman at all.

*Several times she's been told she has very masculine features and it bothers her, but she knows it's true and is constantly asking me what I think. I always lie and tell her she looks fine and should accept herself as she is (I’m trying to).

*She gains muscle faster than anyone I know. She makes me look like a dweeb when we go to the gym together.

*When she puts her hair up, her huge jaw juts out & it’s hard to remember how in the world I married this girl.

*When I give her a back massage it’s like I’m massaging a football player.

*When we hang out with her friends it’s quite obvious they are all so pretty and she looks unfeminine compared to them.

She’s not fat, she's probably 15 lbs overweight, but she looks like she could weigh about 100lbs more than she actually does because her arms and face are fat.

*She is constantly calling herself fat and ugly and edits her photos to make herself look more feminine.

text me

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

If your actual landlord is still paying off their mortgage on your building, are they exploiting you by charging you rent?

not unless you're nailing the landlord and didn't sign a lease. like it's a little weird financially to be contributing money to someone else's net worth in a non-business relationship but then again if you dont like it you can move somewhere else because a token rent payment to your boyfriend/landlord is a hell of a lot better than actually paying rent at market rates

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lone Goat posted:

I've gone on the record to support wrestling a sibling, but I am against wrestling any animals that are not in your weight class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSx14Rozd0c&t=92s

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i wonder what the guy who complained about smoke breaks thinks of office beers

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Eagle Man is a repost, but is worth reposting

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if you hate children why the gently caress would you go to disneyland

"bf scared of dogs, i got tickets to the dog show. advise?"

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Panfilo posted:

There are a TON of grown rear end adults that go to Disneyland without kids apparently (simply referred to as 'Disney' by affictionados). My friend and his wife are like this, they go all the time though they have kids now. They let us use their time share so my wife and I could go one year as a gift. My wife never went as a kid, so at least she could experience it for the first time.

Going as adults is fine, but it really is more about experiencing with kids. Given the fact that there are kids everywhere, acting in typical kid like ways (running around, yelling/crying, etc) going without kids just feels like going to an overpriced theme park. I feel like there are other theme parks that are more fun as just adults out there.

im not talking about adults going to disney without kids. adults can be children at heart and enjoy disney stuff

i'm talking about adults who actively dislike children and get anxious around children going to disney, which is like a swirling vortex of excited children being loud and their parents tolerating it because it's a special occasion. i can't think of a worse place for childfree types except, like, a maternity ward or something

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 7, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Antivehicular posted:

Some people consider scheduled c-sections to be a "lazy" option for childbirth, because you're not delivering vaginally, I guess? (I would hardly call having abdominal surgery to take a baby out "lazy," but whatevs.) This is almost always an opinion I've seen voiced by crunchy granola mommy-blogger types, which makes it confusing coming from the other end of the spectrum, but I guess this woman is so insufferable that she has to disapprove of everything she possibly can.

c-sections are three strikes and you're out (and really shouldn't have any more kids because of the risk of complications) so you'd think anti-natalists approve of them. i bet she just enjoys women suffering through long labor

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lockback posted:

This is a new one. At first I thought OP was just math-stupid and was amazed by someone's basic algebra skills but it gets better. Bolded some interesting parts.

A little sad because it looks like a bright young person was brow-beat by their mother, but it's sort of a white-trash sounding Good Will Hunting.

I (20M) Think My Girlfriend (21F) of 4yrs Is Secretly a Math Genius, This is Fine and Dandy, But She Thinks She's Stupid and is Resigned to Working at Walmart For the Rest of Her Life Because, and I Quote, "Shut Up Steven, No One Pays You To Just Do Math For Fun."

I mean word-problem only for a quiz means it's probably some remedial class, but fixing your own engine on a Fiesta is pretty impressive.

fake story, wal-mart doesn't hire young people as greeters but that's about the most pahtos inducing bottom tier job i can think of. also this guy writes real decent for a dude who accidentally signed up for a remedial math class he nearly failed in community college

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 8, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
wal mart doesn't even hire enough people to clean the floors or stock the shelves. that's why they hire old as hell people whose only job is to say hello or racially profile shoplifters

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lockback posted:

I dunno if its fake and the WalMart greeter thing was covered, but I know a ton of smart people who write really well who are total poo poo at Math. In fact I'd guess there was an inverse relationship. Sounds like he was taking either a Algebra or some sort of Applied Math course that could be really hard for a humanities major but chickenshit for someone who has even a little math mind.

i hate this idea that there's a "math mind". oh sorry i dont have a "reading mind", books and me don't get along haha. like words, who understands those except for turbospergs who can't get laid am i right

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I feel like I read a very similar story from a GBS thread where someone's wife or girlfriend did this, too. Maybe it's more common then one would expect?

why do you think women get long fake nails

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

I thought Walmart stopped hiring greeters entirely a few years ago to cut labor costs but I don't remember where I read that

they did but walmart's extreme cost cutting is part of what led them to be literal thieves' dens so the greeters are back among other changes

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Naerasa posted:

To me, this is the kind of bowel movement you have once in your life and immediately loving turn everything around to keep it from ever happening again. How do you reach the point where you're goatse'ing yourself just to go to the bathroom and thinking 'this is fine'?

literally mental illness. eating disorders are serious business

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

:laffo::laffo:

Oh the replies are such gold. I can't believe how offended they all are over the maybe 2-4 parking spaces designed for Someone Who Is Not Them

They're also complaining about Veteran parking

people who have a pressing need to park very close to where they are going and complain about not being able to do so are generally not worthwhile people

also people who drive in front of the grocery store or wherever and get impatient by people crossing that lane to get into the store. stop driving in front of the store, dummy!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

It probably happened because they are apparently high schoolers.

Also lol at being a child free in high school.

everyone's a childfree in high school, because high schoolers are literal children who likely do not have a concept of adult responsibility and life milestones

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

lazorexplosion posted:

Like how frequently and specifically do you even talk about the temperature that you're having constant arguments over the goddamn units. 'It's going to be hot today', crisis loving averted.

he's a sperg

"Recently I told her she should just learn things in normal temperatures and she said she was tired of me bitching about it every time the topic came up."

there's no such thing as normal temperature unless you want to constantly tell your girlfriend she's having incorrect thoughts about how to communicate about weather and needs to change her vile ways

well why not posted:

Exactly how is Celsius arbitrary? It's based off the boiling & freezing points of one of the most common substances on our planet.

this is a good thing for scientific stuff but doesn't really matter when it comes to measures of human comfort. everything above 30c on the celsius scale is "potentially deadly" whereas fahrenheit gives you 120 glorious degrees of subtle distinction. really it's about whatever system you're used to so long as you don't try to assert that your preferences are objectively superior like a horrible nerd

probably boyfriend is one of those infuriating idiots who believes that rationality = more better and will doggedly stick to any sort of petty argument so long as they believe they're being logically correct

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 13, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
if celsius is so good then how come everyone agrees that the nicest temperature is 69 degrees F

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
we have breastsign

fondle softly, without rhythm

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

My boyfriend (m31) is a nihilist and I (f23) can't understand it.

nihilism isn't the same thing as depression. this guy had clinical depression and is using half baked philosophy to rationalize why he should sit on his rear end and do nothing to improve himself. what a catch. at least people who sit around and smoke weed all day have a goal in mind

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

I dunno, I can't picture an optimistic nihilist.

nihilism, specifically existential nihilism which is what most people are talking about when they just say nihilism, is the idea that life is ultimately pointless. from there if you get all sadbrains and watch anime reruns constantly or shrug your shoulders and go on living the life you want to live without the expectation of reward, higher meaning, or some kind of external satisfaction aside from the pleasure you personally derived in that moment, is up to you. happy nihilists don't go around moping and whining about everything being pointless

this is the same reason why people associate atheists with hating christianity. atheists who don't hate christianity or other organized religions generally don't go around talking about atheism as frequently, they just live their lives

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Dec 14, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

woah I didn't know I was a nihilist

a lot of people don't because they're not looking for excuses to sit around waiting for their life to get magically better. "oh when the revolution comes, america is made great again, and anime is real i will sieze my true destiny as a hard working and charming pussy crusher but woe is me, life is pointless so i cannot do that right now". basically if you agree with the statement that life is short and then you die, game over, no moral then congrats you're a nihilist

I thought the true point of nihilism was being freed by there not being some outside force that dictates the universe. As in, I thought it was a positive thing because it was something that allows you to to live without the burden of constantly wondering how he universe functions and whatnot.

yep. "there's no meaning to life, quit worrying about it and just go live your life the way you want to" and there's no actual expectation that you're supposed to be all sad about this idea versus liberated from the expectation that you have to live a life of hardship to make god happy or whatever. you can do what you want, it's your life and the clock is ticking

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

I Was The Fury posted:

I think for a lot of people, nihilism is depressing because they had never considered the fact that they don't matter and never have, their actions don't matter and never have, and their social interactions don't matter and never have. Then they come to the conclusion that all of these things and everything else will amount to nothing at all, ever. This is upsetting to people for some reason.

for some people maybe, because there's still this idea very prevalent in the western world at least that your good behavior and adherence to religious doctrine can be cashed in for fabulous eternal rewards later. this is why some people purposely mix up existential nihilism and moral nihilism, and get real freaked out that "if god won't call you to heaven for good works then what is the point of being good? why not just murder people if hell doesn't exist" because some folks really need some external structure and order for their lives to make sense

but dude in the story was totally just latching on to nihilism as a plausible sounding excuse for why it's ok for him to mope around the house. i mean if that's how you want to spend your short existence then go for it i guess but it's not noble or smart to do so, it's just lazy and sad

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CharlestheHammer posted:

So you don't understand depression at all huh?

dude's going to be a sadbrains whether or not he excuses it with existential philsophy telling him why therapy is ultimately pointless or demons telling him therapy is a trick of the devil. the reason the nihilism excuse is so popular is that it works - it's clearly confused the girlfriend, who accepts her boyfriend's identity as a troubled intellectual rather than just a depressed guy having depressed thoughts

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

"excuses for depression"

"waits for his life to get magically better"

classic dickhead buzz speak. I'm waiting for him to share his inspiring life story

i mean, the guy is self sabotaging by quitting therapy in favor of complaining via memes on the internet. people rationalize all kinds of bad behavior like "it's pointless for me to address my mental illness which i know i have head on because nothing matters" because displacing your life problems onto a philosophy outside of your control is oddly not nihilistic actually now that i think about it lol

and yeah the guy is waiting for a magic reality to fix his life. he's waiting for communism to displace the capitalist system which is holding him down. surely he wouldn't be such a self destructive lump if bernie-sama had won the presidency

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 15, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Clocks posted:

Maybe she has like post partum depression that's manifesting itself. Why even have the baby in the first place? :stare:

probably that and/or autism/aspergers. "my wife doesn't bond with our infant" screams postpartum depression, "my wife wants to give up the baby and doesn't understand why the family is disgusted by this" is something else entirely. also lol at "my wife, who finds yelling annoying, but attempts to placate the yelling resulted in more yelling"

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 15, 2016

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

well why not posted:

I understand they both work full time, but I do wonder what the baby is getting in the way of. Lots of people have a family and hobbies. Like, was the crying interfering with the endless looping of sped-up music from Bubsy?

dont talk poo poo about uli you son of a bitch

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
ah yeah this is the perfect place to pick up women... the rec center at Tech State... gettin'laidville here i come...

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ThePeavstenator posted:

Let me tell you about the time the guy who wears suits to class decided to use his current event speech for a Data Security class as a platform to defend far-right nationalism in Europe.

oh yeah i went to an engineering school too i know the type. i just love the idea of hanging around a gym trying to pick up women (not a bad idea if you actually, you know, work out instead of treat it like a single's bar) but worse, the gym at an engineering school where all women are already on the defensive. that's the kind of beep boop that would cause someone to try to pick up women at the abortion clinic because then you know they put out

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I was thinking that might be short for "drinks at all" or "gets drunk on occasion".

it's for people who have problem drinking but not necessarily alcoholism - stuff like drinking to forget, drinking because of stress, regularly drinking more than 2 drinks a day or more than 6ish drinks in one drinking session, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

normal people, then

not quite - only like half of americans drink at least once a month, about a quarter binge drink by the medical standards, and only like 3-5% are what most people would consider alcoholics. i'm not moralizing here, i'm an alcoholic, but 'normal' is pretty much an occasional drink with dinner, maybe, once a month. it's the minority of us who create the impression that drinking a six pack isn't problem drinking (it is) but most problem drinkers don't ever really turn into full on alkies, and a fair number of alkies remain functional and just end up fat etc.

part of what skews this also is just different age perspectives - getting hammered every friday night when you're 22 isn't nearly as much of a problem as when you're 46, so young adults tend to underestimate problem drinking. especially because you have to be a real sad case to be a late stage alkie in your early twenties

VVV yeah, this is all from a medical perspective too. if you want to drink a bunch thats up to you, anyone screening out pre-alcoholics in their dating pool is probably an unfun nerd, etc.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Dec 16, 2016