Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Barudak posted:

I do not understand how she doesnt have a three picture deal.
I was watching lifetime the other night and in order to get a lifetime movie now you gotta:

-Have someone, or multiple people, get murdered
-Have your home burnt down
-Also have some crazy interesting and weird sideplot about being super rich or having 80 identities or being a 12 year old girl who's also a diagnosed psychopath

All four movies we saw had all three of those elements. I don't know if it was theme weekend or what, but back in the day you just had to be a woman whose story made other people feel good or sad to get a movie made about you.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Mar 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Palpek posted:

Me [32 M] with my wife [33 F] married 6 years, We invested a large amount in crypto. Lost large amount in unrealized gains. My fault?
2.3x in a handful of months is real good just sell, idiots, and also divorce your wife if she keeps being a sour sally. How do you "owe" her 60k. If you divorce her right now you'll get half of that inheritance because it went into joint accounts.

Crypto is a drat ponzi scheme so the actual collapse is always coming. You don't want to hold crypto.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 28, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Jesus, once a week is not a dead loving bedroom.
Once per week is "cya we're breaking up" territory for me. I wouldn't call it a dead bedroom. I'd call it horribly mismatched sex drives.

Pick posted:

I don’t think this thread thinks ultimatums are inherently bad, which they aren’t
Usually, if you're threatening something negative it's not needed.

You can just say "I wouldn't date someone with a face tattoo". Then when they get a face tattoo you just break up with them. There's no real need for an ultimatum.

Ultimatums don't usually work. Usually when you feel compelled to drop an ultimatum the other person isn't thinking with logic but is trying to use logic to backfill an emotional desire. Meaning, "if I just get that face tattoo he'll see how cool it is and change his mind" is far more likely to be their response to "If you get a face tattoo I'm breaking up with you" than "wow he's real serious, maybe I should give it a second thought". The issue is, if they gave it a thought to begin with they'd realize how bad of an idea it was.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 28, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Al Borland Corp. posted:

So you're gonna go to zero a week
Going from 4+ rejections and once per week to 0 rejections and 0 per week is trading up.

Pick posted:

Sorry you can only get it up on the fortnight
Man, fortnight is such a confusing word to me. It's 48 hours in my head even though it's supposed to be 2 weeks.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Buzkashi posted:

Me [24 F] with my boyfriend [25 M] 2 years, he wonders if he could be with someone more attractive. Should we try to work it out, or should I leave?

:murder:
Break up. "Too bulky" while losing weight lmao. You can't get too bulky as a man or woman unless you get fat or do PEDs.

What does more attractive even mean? It's totally subjective. The reality is he probably can't find someone more attractive. Break up with him and let him figure that one out for himself.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

Boyfriend (29M) mad at me (27F) because I kept calling baseball players hot during the game
jeter fill me with skeet..er

quote:

My [25M] best friend [25M] is the vet that put my girlfriends [24F] dog down and now my girlfriend wants me to stop talking to him
My girlfriend has lost touch with reality and I should call her out on it but won't because I'm a wuss.

quote:

I [38F] gave birth to my daughter 3 weeks ago. My husband [40M] has been playing with the boys [16M&17M] and has been paying [13M] to help me look after the baby.
Who calls someone a salty cucumber? Besides that oddity, I've never had a problem with this story all the times it has been posted. It's reasonable to delegate tasks to the kids, $400 is fair enough compensation for a 13 year old helping out around the house, and besides the husband's reaction to being busted, he should have gone home to help, it all seems pretty legit. Also, "I really am over this" is a horrible thing to say on so many levels. I'm not even clear on what she's upset about or "over".

Khorne fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 29, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002

dudeness posted:

I [22F] feel used in an odd way by my [25M] BF?
Well, he's certainly enthusiastic about you and proud to be with you. I'm not sure there is a whole lot more to say about that one. Other than the op seems crazy hesitant to like anyone at all and super suspicious of him.

I'm real confused about the bragging to his mom part. That seems super sixteen year old "gently caress you mom, I'm my own person, look at all these things I'm doing that you don't even know about" but also the specific thing he said is just bizarre.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Today in the Saga of Pick, we learned that Hugh was either a) So utterly contemptuous of her that he was willing to "I don't know" his way out of every inane question and her broke brain mistook this teenager-level dismissal for depth, or b) So profoundly delayed that he honestly didn't know what a cat was, and she is that facilitated communication nutjob who went to prison for loving and emotionally abusing a wheelchair-bound retard.
(c) He just didn't care about cats and had other things on his mind. I've had conversations exactly like that where I was the person who didn't know dumb crap that people's brains cling on to.

I don't know the distinction between a long hair and short hair cat. Obviously, if you show me a cat with really long hair and cat with a short hair I can probably guess unless you're trying to trick me, but I don't know where the line is drawn. I don't care to know, and I'll forget it in a few days if you tell me. I have a pretty functional short and long term memory, but I'm always deeply focused on this or that and learning new things. As a result, I don't retain a lot of simple things that I don't give any thought. Hugh could be the same way. It's easy to ignore garbage animals like cats.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Mar 30, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002

LadyPictureShow posted:

Don’t a lot of guys just cosplay as a woman for the comedy factor? I’ve seen pics of some big hairy guy dressed up in a tube top and yellow jacket/hot shorts as some anime lady, and he looks like he’s having a grand old time.
Man Faye. There are far more pictures than those. He did it as a joke in the early '00s but the legend lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Doggles posted:

My friend [27F] believes her father died in an accident. I [30M] recently found out he committed suicide. She's grieving the loss of her mother right now. When is the right time to tell her?
It's galaxy brain to know you shouldn't tell her but to also know that you are a jackass who will say it while fighting with her if you don't. That's why I'd just tell her immediately and let the timing be awkward instead of nuclear-friendship-terminatingly bad.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

heh, you fell for him and he fell for thirty secon-oh poo poo sorry about your other bf, babe. :(
This response is good. His actual response was entitled jackassery. Not that her actions are any better, but he set the stage by tolerating her other boyfriend to begin with and by still being butthurt about it years later.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 3, 2018