Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

PancakeTransmission posted:

Gonna guess that insurance adjusters aren't dumb enough to be like "oh your non-profitable business burnt down, what a coincidence, here's your paycheck!".

It's probably easier to have a kitchen plausibly burn down than a salon as well.

Hair dryers put off a lot of heat and hair clippings seem like pretty good tinder. I'm not saying this guy is an arson master (he's not, he's an idiot), but I could totally believe a hair salon burning down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

bamhand posted:

Honestly sounds more like his fetish than insecurity.

/r/relationships: Honestly sounds more like his fetish than insecurity.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My father (mid50s) refused to help me pay for my (mid20s) plane ticket home for the holidays. Is it unfair for me to stop speaking to him over this?

...And honestly, he's just been consistently awful over the years (cheated on my mother repeatedly, knocked out two of my baby teeth as a kid etc. etc.)...

Jesus Christ, the world's best archaeologists could've missed this buried lede

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Pinecone Sample posted:

Am I [26F] allowed for still being upset that my ex [27M] tells people I cheated on him?

lol this lady is delusional

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Bill Brasky posted:

I want to take a course in English English.

I'd love to take a course in Transatlantic English. I've always wanted to sound like an old-timey broadcaster.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
The hosed up thing about Pick is that she's somehow lamer than cumshitters straight son, which is an incredibly high bar of lameness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

cumshitter posted:

Maybe he'll regret it someday, but the bullying was recent, he's still a kid, and I imagine even after she stopped he kept getting anxious feelings when he saw her around school. I think placing it on him to do all that emotional calculus instantly is a lot to ask for. He wasn't over it and he was honest about that.

Yes oh my god, this is the answer, they're both kids and they're both wrong for lack of experience. We shouldn't expect them to have our middle-aged wisdom, especially since our middle-aged wisdom has led to us posting on a dead forum where we speculate about the problems of teenagers. They both hosed up and it was the best they could do with the emotional tools they have at this time.