Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
ahhh the swolethread

I like to supplement my lifting with aggressive pyjama man hugging and occasional fake fight grapplestuff I highly recommend it..............except for the big knee I got to the head today.

Been trying to drop weight recently since I got over-fat and it has destroyed my ability to lift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Overhead squats are a bit of a oval office

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

FedEx Mercury posted:

What the gently caress is the point?

Eh figured I'd give it a go I've never really strayed away from back squats before except occasional front.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Tiny Lowtax look into Seitan it's a veggie food that's high in protein.

I'm training for work over the next 3 weeks and the hotel gym isn't open....there's nothing else around this is literally hell.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Managed to get to my gym for the first time in two weeks after being away training for a new job, and had to go at peak time( which will be the norm when I go operational in the new job) and if this is a sign of what it's like I may have to change gyms, it was horrible there were small clusters of oddly shaped youngsters huddling around each bench and lifting tiny weights.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've got like 2kg of unflavoured whey that needs using up, what can I do with it???? I don't really like shakes and I'm poo poo at making pancakes....

Any other ideas???

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Buggered up my ankle stepping off small step, I'm off work for a few days I guess this means my usual workout isn't possible to.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

FogHelmut posted:

Where can I get board shorts that fit my waist but also fit my rear end? Anything that's the right waist size is saran wrap on my crotch and thighs.

Get MMA shorts they pretty much look the same and a decent pair will be designed to stretch plus you have the added advantage of being able to kick suckers in the head.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Fartbox posted:

Yeah I got a few MMA dudes in my gym as well

You can tell because they'll randomly shadow box and knee the air and poo poo

I see this a lot at my gym as it's one of the cheaper ones in town, there's one dude with a top knot that does full-on breakfalls and shoots between sets of pull ups.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
How do people bleed doing deadlifts???? I’ve never had that issue, the bar doesn’t run down my shins.

That being said just wear knee high socks

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
That is definitely one of the gyms in The Gym franchise, they are 24 hours and usually cheap as poo poo, I go to the one in my town as it’s convenient and my word do you see some poo poo (my favourite at the moment is the Top Knotted ginger who does wing chun and weird break falls/rolls between sets on the cable machine) those gyms are fine outside of peak hours though.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

The Ferret King posted:

Those ends just end up rubbing skin off my knuckles anyway. I wish they weren't there.

Also face pulls are like low bar squats where you mention them in front of other people and nobody knows what the gently caress you're talking about. I guess that's what happens when you learn how to exercise from the internet.

Face pulls are rad....

Finally hit 100kg on my bench press....am I cool yet?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Vargatron posted:

Ruff Ryders Anthem is an aural steroid. prove me wrong.

Just like all of Hatebreeds back catalogue

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Did some training with a buddy who’s been doing strongman poo poo for years he really ironed out the kinks in my deadlift form and managed to pull my previous PB 180kg easily then went for 190kg it was a fight but I got it up.

Turned out I had added up wrong and it was actually 200kg pretty psyched.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I really need to get some backup wired headphones for when my Bluetooth ones run out they always seem to go right at the beginning of a work out, they do this annoying thing where a beep occurs in every few minutes to remind you they need charging.

Only problem is I can't wear bud's as I have cauliflower ear.

My gym is a cheap nasty 24 hour gym and play's the worst kind of royalty free dance music, plus because it's cheap it attracts idiots who like to squeal loudly as they lift.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Dear Swolegoons,

I’m trying to find a song on YouTube I heard ages ago, it’s an old country song that is about working out, I remember the course was just “I Worrrrkouuut” and he says something about working out for an hour or two.
I want to say it was 80’s or possibly 90’s and had a video that featured people working out in it.
The just of the song was that working out helped him get through the day.

Any ideas?

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Amazing Thankyou!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

bomb posted:

Homeless person 🤷‍♂️

M

the chief v2 posted:

What’s up with guys who lug a giant gym bag with them whil they workout but never actually take anything out of it?

Guys that wear a weights belt for the entirety of their workout, poo poo I’ve seen people on treadmills still wearing the loving things, I personally can’t wait to get mine off after I’m done squatting/deadlifting and even then I only use it for heavier weights.