Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

lozzle posted:

...Pat Robertson is still alive?

nobody has been able to find his horcruxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Hollismason posted:

The best thing that could happen is for the NYT to go to court over this with Donald.

go to court with the newspaper that's won two landmark supreme court decisions that anybody who's studied media law would know? what could possibly go wrong?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Times fought the federal government in court for the right to publish classified documents and won.

And this is one of two landmark Supreme Court decisions that the Times has won.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

iospace posted:

To be completely and utterly fair to Gary Johnson, he is the second most qualified person running for president. It's Hillary >>>>>>>> Johnson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> McMuffin > Stein > Trump, give or take a few >s

where does gloria la riva fit into this?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Stereotype posted:

My favorite thing about Bill Watterson is that the most overt political stand he ever took was against rigid newspaper comic section formatting.

didn't he do political cartoons for a little while in the carter years?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i think we're gonna get drugged out teleprompter trump giving a concession speech on tuesday night, followed by an angry tweet storm about how "crooked Hillary stole the election" the next day.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Augus posted:

lol if you think they'll be able to keep him on the teleprompter moments after he loses the election for president of the united states

okay good point.

they're going to TRY and have him on prompter and he's basically going to go off script right away and it will be an amazing trainwreck

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

well if chips christie is helping trump prep for the next debate, i'm sure that he'll give donny boy plenty of good advice on how to bridge the gap between him and the voters

edit: i just realized i typoed christie's first name but that's too funny to fix

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

lozzle posted:

Yeah I don't get the "these women who knowingly slept with a married man are victims of his evil bitch of a wife :qq: " narrative.

hillary clinton is obviously hera

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

lozzle posted:

Not a clue. Suspects so far include:

Somebody at the IRS.
The accountant who verified the tax return.
Marla Maples.
Somebody on his campaign staff.
Barack Obama?

The postmark and return address suggested that it had been mailed from Trump Tower.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i would vote for a president who supports drone-strikes on rapists.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

vyelkin posted:

No you see the flippant response by internet leftists to a known anti-Hillary Clinton organization tweeting a link to an article from an unreliable website quoting anonymous sources who said Hillary Clinton once made a tasteless joke just proves that leftists are the real Nazis, and furthermore

*a known anti-Hillary Clinton organization that's run by a rapist who is hiding in an embassy to avoid being tried for said rape.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

so did wikileaks release their big info dump that would ruin clinton forever yet?

are you loving kidding me? who knew that everything that trump accuses hillary of something that trump really did

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

axeil posted:

4chan is about to go bankrupt :getin:

B..b..but where will the deplorables go now! Respect out free speech! :qq:

this day is getting better already

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

I think that Trump's supporters will be looking to the VP debate as a kind of morale boost, like how the left treated Biden's utter clowning of Ryan in that debate.

With that said, I do really hope that Kaine takes Pence to task over Indiana's Religious Freedom Restoration Act.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Shifty Pony posted:

Speaker of the House is basically a Sacrificial Altar at this point. The GOP establishment ties a slightly past their prime member of the leadership to it with the hopes that tearing the unfortunate soul limb from limb will keep the Tea Party preoccupied enough to not attack the other members.

It doesn't work.

has john boehner said anything really bitter about the current gop and election?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

call center manager posted:

I think he called Ted Cruz "Lucifer in the flesh" or some such.

well that's just stating the truth really

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Saeka posted:

We have to do something about those ex-men

X-Men is supposed to be a metaphor for queerness, checks out.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Also, can we add this tweet to the OP to give context for all the Mike Pence X-Men jokes?

https://twitter.com/dave_thomason/status/776490382746013700

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Why does this gif have this last half second? It would loop way better otherwise and would be way smaller. Come on people that's the absolute basics.

it's automatically generated from a website that uses the closed captioning data to determine what to make a gif of.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Koalas March posted:

Actually iirc, it was an analogue to civil rights with Professor X being the MLK figure and Magneto being his Malcolm X. It has evolved over time with the country and social justice issues, so you're not wrong but I think it's problematic to leave out the impact the civil rights movement had.

fair enough. i was mainly thinking of the byran singer movies and not the comics, since i've never read them.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Augus posted:

I feel like the "you defended criminals when you were a criminal defense lawyer" thing is going to come up and it's gonna be very embarrassing for Pence because Kaine has had responses prepared for this line of attack for pretty much his entire political career.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Im holding out hope that after the DNC hack, someone in the Clinton Foundation intentionally screwed with the names of their files to gently caress with any would be hackers.

cat /dev/urandom > Dont Show the IRS.xlsx

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

oh my god

i think this has to be to most spectacular backfire of one of these document dumps i've seen

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Night10194 posted:

The awesome part? Ohio doesn't matter in the least!

a far cry from 2004

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

cult member at airport posted:

I didn't really start following the 2008 elections until after the primaries. How did the right react to Obama rising out of obscurity and defeating their nemesis Hillary? Was it similar to how a lot of us laughed as Trump took out Jeb! and the others but then quickly realized in horror that he might actually win?

Also, Obama didn't exactly come out of nowhere. He gave the keynote speech at the 2004 DNC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWynt87PaJ0

Have some quotes from 2004-era D&D about it:

Swordfish posted:

Obama is a loving great speaker. This kid could go far.

MassRafTer posted:

Wow, Obama is amazing. I hate to say it, but the only thing stopping him is that his name might be "too black." I really hate to say that because he is giving an amazing speech that doesn't play into the conservative "angry black man wanting welfare" stereotype at all, but with that name it feels like when he gets a shot at being a VP contender he's going to get picked on for that very poo poo just because he sounds like the kind of black person that scares really white people.

But god is this a good speech.

Nothus posted:

Where can I get a Obama 2012 sticker?

squidgee posted:

This kid (Obama) kicks some serious rear end. This is honestly what I was hoping Dean's speech would be like; and I didn't even know who he was before today. If he keeps himself in the spotlight, he could loving go places.

Heh, Hillary likes him. Here's a scary thought: First Women President/Black VP. My mind has officially been blown. Too bad the country is most likely not ready for such a ticket. And also, it's too bad that I strongly dislike Hillary.

Obama 2012 indeed.

Nothus posted:

I was thinking the other way around- once she loses to Obama in the primaries.

EDIT: oh my god this post was too prescient not to include:

TenementFunster posted:

Before anyone panics, yes he was born in America:

http://www.vote-smart.org/bio.php?can_id=BS030017

quote:

Birthdate: 08/04/1961
Birthplace: Honolulu, HI

Instant Sunrise fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 4, 2016

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

i can't believe tenementfunster predicted the birther movement

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Night10194 posted:

If you're going to an actual Trump rally now you're either a true believer or a protestor who's about to get punched in the face. There's no-one else there anymore.

i really doubt you're gonna see something like this at a trump rally:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

so who do you think kaine is going to appoint to be on the vice presidential action rangers?

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

I'm hoping for him to just get pounded on LGBT rights.

:agreed:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

Indiana was the first test ground for Religious freedom laws, right? Just drill that in, especially to anyone who is LGBT and voting for Trump.

That would be correct.

Night10194 posted:

Pence was also a supporter of conversion therapy and has never disavowed that support.

Yikes!

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why the gently caress is Guccifer2.0 trending on Twitter? What does any of that stuff mean?

somebody released a new data dump that allegedly was from the clinton foundation.

turns out it was from the DCCC

and that it was their oppo research that got released.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

Why does this Pence guy keep saying you need to go back to the 80s. Does he not remember how poo poo the 80s were?

the 80's were great if you were rich and white

explains a lot really

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Did they ask Pence about the HIV epidemic in Indiana that his policies caused

i don't think they brought up lgbtqia issues at all

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Pence went down the same route that Romney did for the 1st debate in 2012, brazenly lie your rear end off.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Augus posted:

why can't we just keep Biden? Is there a term limit on VPs?

there's no term limit for vp's, but let's not pull another tom eagleton here

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

the fact that pence basically just hung drumpf out to dry is probably gonna hurt him on the campaign trail. i wouldn't be surprised if there's suddenly a lot less campaign events that he's at.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

The VP has two jobs: cast the tying vote in the Senate and protecting the space-time continuum.

:hfive:

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

I was in a food coma for a few hours, but I like that Donnie firing and replacing his VP with his daughter he wants to gently caress is now a slightly higher non-zero chance.

Though I still want the (3rd) campaign staff shakeup to happen.

"thomas eaglewho?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

berserker posted:

The chaos would be fun, but it'll actually always be a zero chance because remember, the VP is also technically a nominated position by the RNC.

It's not unprecedented for a VP candidate to drop out after the convention, McGovern's running mate Thomas Eagleton dropped out of the race in 1972 after his history of mental illness was exposed in the press. But that (among a whole lot of other things, including the literal Watergate break-in) helped sink the Democratic ticket in 1972.

• Locked thread