Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/aravosis/status/783501188406861824

interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

ImpAtom posted:

I do not loving understand undecided voters.

Neither do undecided voters, really. They're basically the whale but not the petunias.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h02a2HSB58M

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Goatman Sacks posted:

ahahaha "Let me tell you about Singapore, they know how to keep undesirables (EXACT QUOTE) out of their country"

Don't they literally beat the poo poo out of people for littering

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/YohanaDesta/status/783417823456526344

This is from earlier but I don't recall seeing it up thread.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/783645247247114240

Well that was swift.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Goatman Sacks posted:

Did that storm already hit Florida once, do a 2000 mile circle to pick up steam, and hit it again?

Wouldn't you?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:lol: imagine being the guy who has to tell Trump what happened in the past 24 hours.

"Um, Mr. Trump, so Mike outperformed you in his debate, he did it by throwing you under the bus and disavowing everything you've said including the Putin stuff, and Reuters is putting Hillary up 6 in the 4-way polling"

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pakled posted:

I hope Trump insults one of the audience members who asks him a question.

Case in point being the time he corrected the lady in the MSNBC thing about the number of daily military suicides. Her face was priceless because you could see she was a millimeter from interrupting him and straightening that poo poo out.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Riatsala posted:

so, uh, how is Nevada pronounced again? haha, asking for a friend...

The first A in Nevada is pronounced the same as the A in Bad.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Endorph posted:

the nebraska 3rd district because there's only one poll from there and it's 65/20/15 trump/clinton/johnson

Nebraska's districts are some of the most hilarious poo poo because the populations of all three are 570k so you can see how far apart these fuckers live from each other in the 1st and 3rd districts compared to the 2nd which is Omaha and some white trash suburbs they bolted on in 2010 to try keeping it a hard R.

Like when you live so far away from someone that you go a week without interacting with anyone who isn't an immediate family member you can imagine the kind of fantastic tales of third world cities these people constantly fall for.

One of our Senators is from a little hovel called Valentine. Know what's in Valentine? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. The grocery store there is basically the size of the electronics section in your local Target. Sure there's some incredibly cool nature poo poo within an hour's drive, but good god that poo poo's like a truck stop that metastasized and grew a (filthy) McDonald's. When we drove through some of the little outhouse stops on the highway headed to the Merritt reservoir one of them had an EAS alert to boil water because they found poo poo in their one well and the local radio guy was on some apocalyptic poo poo about rationing the bottled water that was in town until more water came in.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Oct 6, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GalacticAcid posted:

The GOP would fight to preserve the Hard R.

That's because they can't enjoy a show without a dose of violence toward women, graphic depictions of hate crimes, and scenes of child molestation.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/783947655848361984

Look who stood up on their hind legs and barked! Yes! Ralph did!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mcmagic posted:

Why does it matter than white people are driving her unpopularity?

It doesn't matter a whole lot but it looks bad when you just get the topline average without the context of it being dragged down by racists.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pick posted:

On the other hand, the most enthusiastic Hillary supporters I've met are old women. Like you take this lovely old lady who enjoys gardening and embroidery and you mention Hillary Clinton and suddenly it's all :getin:

Probably because there's like three generations' worth of pent-up feminism going on there. You don't have to be a radical to be fired up, and the older folks are the more bullshit they've had to deal with if they're not straight white christian males. Imagine being someone who got an engineering degree but spent 15-20 years as a secretary at an engineering firm before people figured out that women aren't servile idiots meant primarily as scenery. You'd be fired the hell up to vote for the H-bomb too.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol sounds like you have a medical emergency on your hands then

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It truly is the best thing when people uncover something like lovely Dick's creepy corpse cuddle session

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Night10194 posted:

Wasn't the RNC mostly thrown together at the last minute from whatever Z-Listers he could pull in because he put it off so much, too?

Yes, the most obvious of which was the pyramid scam lady from suburban Florida who was so loving bad at speaking it looped around to being a great speech to watch because this idiot kept bumbling it.

https://youtu.be/vFZ4e1fWIkA

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Phone posted:

But what about all of the unpaid staffel that Trump has?

a) I threw in a minor correction to your post.
b) They're not doing a good job, as Trump is down, badly, in most of the polls - all of the polls - so naturally he isn't paying them.

488k reg forms submitted :eyepop:

Twenty Sixteen History Made, Heil Hillary

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, this matters. It's dominating every headline and Republicans are fleeing as fast as their cowardly little legs can carry them in all directions. It's not quite "dead girl or live boy" territory, but I can't imagine anything closer to it than this.

yeah it's "testifying women" territory

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

:siren: Sean Hannity can't defend Trump, but Bill O'reilly is currently defending him on air against Dana Perino.:siren:

Bill says that the press is hypocritical about the first amendment for publishing the tape and Trump did nothing illegal.

lol

Keep in mind Billo has his own problems with women

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

we go live to a tape of Bill O saying "that falafal thing"

breaking news sorry to interrupt, we need to break in and cut to tape from the O'Reilly kids' custody hearing

http://gawker.com/court-transcripts-bill-o-reilly-s-daughter-saw-him-ch-1704717356

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Augus posted:

everything ted touches dies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gplpSfaouP8

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pakled posted:

Perhaps not the best analogy, the guy with the elephants lost that war.

I was willing to entertain that maybe he meant Carrhae, but the Parthians didn't have goddamn elephants.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

1stGear posted:

Look man, I just want all Republicans to blunder into an obvious trap and be slaughtered in multi-hour orgy of blood and death that's remembered as one of the most crushing defeats of all history. Is that so wrong.

Cannae got the Romans unfuck their poo poo and go on to scrape Carthage from the face of the earth.

Carrhae saw the dissolution of the triumvirate and the fall of the roman republic. I mean both are multi-hour orgies of blood but when you compare the fundamentals, Carrhae is the better analogy, right down to the amoral rich guy (Crassus was actually rich as hell though) getting clowned on in general and in detail, followed by the tense alliance between the remaining parts of his political gang shattering and literally throwing themselves at each other in a civil war.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Oct 8, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

iospace posted:

TIME FOR A SOMEWHAT HOT TAKE

Remember this morning (gods that seems forever ago) that Trump was announcing he was pulling ads?

What if they knew this was coming. They had to, right? What if they knew that this was so loving toxic that they needed to stop wasting money on ads and try to embezzle more of it. Funnel more to Trump's pocket.

if they knew of a way to plausibly take more money they would have been doing so since before memorial day.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Instant Sunrise posted:

this.

as much as we like to talk about this in the abstract about how it's going to sink trump's campaign, this is rape culture at it's worst that enables behavior like this. for the 1 out of 4 of women who are survivors, hearing these comments replayed and talked about on the news repeatedly is going to make things way harder for them.

This but re: immediate family of mine. Luckily that family member got the help she needed, was able to move to a different part of the country where different family members lived and were more supportive so she wasn't languishing in an environment where her own family took every opportunity to call her a whore for getting raped and instead had a solid circle of family/friends to feel safe around, etc.

Trump's poo poo puts me in a really weird/bad place between sarcasm/cynicism and vertigo-inducing bouts of quiet rage.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hopefully some news outlet turns the unendorsement timeline into a graphic where the Titanic-esque SS TRUMP is sinking nose-first and you've got people leaping into lifeboats in the back with pop-up dates and statements for the early jumpers and by the time you get to the front it's rats with GOP faces scrabbling out of potholes filling with water.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FlamingLiberal posted:

Sad to say this happens more often than gets reported....

gently caress god damnit.

See, there's a relatively huge Sikh community in the CA Ag valley, places like Modesto and Ceres, etc, a lot of Sikh immigrants come to the US and get into trucking/logistics there because the food needs to get to the warehouses and it pays well. It's a good way to go from immigrant to solid middle class and have nice things for your kids and be able to go back and visit your family and support them, etc. Problem is, that region is right up against the part of the state infested with deplorables so you've got this tension where deplorables and their garbage inbred families think Sikhs are some wave of Muslim immigrants there to rape their shitheaded daughters when Sikhs are actually regular old religious people and definitely not Muslim at all. But you wouldn't expect white deplorable trash to know the difference, in fact a few years back one of them shot up a Sikh temple because to racist hillbillies nobody other than a Muslim would wear a turban.

Man that poo poo pisses me off, all the Sikhs I've ever known have been cool and good like it's a religious requirement to be excellent to others and of course it's goddamn white trash who are too drat stupid to just accept people who don't gently caress their sisters and drink Coors light while eating chik fila.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

HOLY gently caress

That's the kind of demo split they use to make it look like Trump has a shot in Pennsylvania and Hillary is still crushing that fat orange bastard into gross pesto.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Pastrymancy posted:

Okay, that's fair.

Warren Buffett does a little tax math.

https://twitter.com/pkafka/status/785517377815453696

:laffo: Well done, Warren.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lozzle posted:

Warren Buffet continuing to prove he is the best billionaire.

Which honestly I don't know where that places him on the moral scale but it's certainly better than his peers.

There's an article from way back that has him lapsing sort of philosophical on the marginal utility of money, which I assume guides a lot of his views regarding the role of taxation as a redistributive social good and charitable donations as the next best usage of money as excess tax would either go to the public debt or just be refunded or put toward the next year.

Basically yes while he gets his money from normal capitalist avarice, what he does with it is deeply in line with a belief that you can't take your money with you to the grave and spending it all while alive is dumb since capitalism ought to cause money to gravitate to its most productive use and hiring someone to paint pictures of you all day is not as productive as having a road built or funding cancer research.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fits my needs posted:

I don't think cops would kill a black for registering people to vote.

they have done so for far less than that

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Well, he's run in prior cycles. But they were always clearly joke runs from the start. I think this cycle he took it farther because of Obama's goading, then found himself on an irreversible track and accelerated.

I honestly wonder if it wasn't just a marketing thing for his old post office gig. "One way or another I'm going to Pennsylvania Ave" is some poo poo you say when you're using a presidential run to market a building on Pennsylvania Avenue with your name on it. Problem is that gosh darn it the GOP base are really loving dumb.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Simplex posted:

Honest question, is there a timeline of events that demonstrates that Wikileaks wasn't always associated with the Russian government?

No, not really. If you consider the present day assumption by the average deplorable that basically nobody paid by the treasury can possibly tell the truth and is thus always lying, then Wikileaks was a project by the Russian government to plant that belief in the heads of people beyond the typical Paulites and Loose Changers and Alex Jones types who were in that basket already. Things like the collateral murder video and the diplomatic cables broke into public visibility and got into the dialogue of people who were probably gigantic assholes to begin with but probably thought Bohemian Grove was a load of poo poo. Along comes Obama and now you have people salivating for anything to latch on to, because Obama's been remarkably scandal-free these past 8 years and these people haven't had their release facilitated by mundane scandals like interns and iran contra and WMDs. The birth certificate got laughed out of town, the PPACA passed, basically nothing has been a real scandal on the usual scale.

Clearly, it's a media conspiracy. Gotta get to the real source. Wikileaks. Anything bad must be true, because if it was good, it'd be getting shouted from the rooftops by CNN, right? You could say Obama is a half-cobra chimeric being who was engineered in Kenyatta's swimming pool, gently caress it. People desperate for anything will take it. Wikileaks' name, for some people, still conjures up the images of things like collateral murder. So, when you point out that the organization that brought a war crime to light when nobody else could also brought out evidence Obama is part cobra, well there's a whiff of legitimacy there, isn't there?

Hell, why not extend a hundred million of cheap credit via Sberbank and Gazprombank to a famous developer so he can self-fund a presidential run and be the conduit for the wikileaks operation? He's already building poo poo all over, it'd just fade into the background noise anyway. Just channel that poo poo in through a few levels of oligarch investors and maybe float the idea during a personal sales visit or a publicity gig in Moscow.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Morroque posted:

While it's not a bad theory, I feel like it's mixing up the causalities a bit. The assumptions about deplorables you're making wouldn't have been possible back when those major Wikileaks projects were ongoing. The logic makes sense in a Post-Trump world, but not a Pre-Trump one. The collateral murder video was published in 2010, and the Tea Party was just getting off the ground. These events become related after the fact, but not during it.

That said, if all their good material really was from Chelsea Manning and the rest was just a front disguising as a new age news org, then she was best gift Wikileaks could've asked for. I just think it's a shame they are disrespecting her legacy like this by being such an obvious front. It's like she never even existed to them, after all she did for them. (Then again, the Washington Post hasn't exactly fared any better with Snowden...)

Oh I'm not saying deplorables as they are today (or even the proto-deplorables from the tea party) are the same people who were feeding off WTC7 and AJ in the mid 2000s, but that those people were the original hardcore audience for Wikileaks once it came into being. They glommed on to Wikileaks while it reached beyond their world of tinfoil hattery, but yeah it wasn't until after the fact (hell it almost wasn't until Trump came along, though I think Ronpaul and Randpaul were sort of onramps) that they linked up into one "Hillary's career is a scary thing" zeitgeist.

I've just assumed that those core believers have always tended toward anti-Semitism, isolationism, and the gold standard and as such were perfect marks for anyone willing to make poo poo up about someone whose been in politics for almost 50 years. As far as I'm concerned it's not so much what kind of trash they are but the fact that they're trash to begin with. It's a red flag, risk factor, what have you. Just like serial entrepreneurship is a risk indicator for kiting and fraud victimization in banking. People who think they can get rich quick will think they can, well, get rich quick.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Le0 posted:

So 2016 has been a pretty lovely year. I hope you Amuricans don't vote for orange hair guy but rather vote the first woman president and also a few more states legalize weed, that would be great. Thanks.
The world is watching you. This is still pretty loving scary to be honest.

Well you certainly can't be British because there's probably a lot of Brits cursing America for leaving them with the title of "the loving stupidest vote outcome, 2016" as the year comes to an end.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The bicameral system was a compromise between larger states like Virginia and smaller ones like New Hampshire when the delegations were drawing up the Constitution. It's absolutely a way to balance the population differences by lending populous states a substantial voice via the house but having the Senate have to also pass the legislation for it to go to the President for signing.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Sorry if its been gone over 100 times already but i have one honest pussygate question: why is billy bush in deep poo poo over it?

His crimes seem to be laughing nervously and saying (a soap opera actress) ... "is loving hot"!. Which is actual, unproblematic locker room talk.

He's been a lecherous gross weirdo for a while and this was probably a breaking point for a lot of people in his world as well.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

RZA Encryption posted:

My parents got a Trump mailer with my name on it. I'm pretty sure my grandfather made a spite donation in my name. I'm kind of mad because I'm afraid someone might see my name on a donor list somewhere. Pretty sure I'm just going to make two Hillary donations, one in my name, one in his.

At Christmas donate to Black Lives Matter (though it looks like the donations go to IDEX in support of their support of BLM so it won't be as obvious) in his name and send the receipt in a Christmas card.

Alternatives: NAACP, CAIR, ADL, PFLAG, MSF/DWB, Planned Parenthood, Greenpeace, Peta, etc.

There's also Heifer International, which does things like deliver livestock to villages and provide training/education on sustainable agriculture with a focus on empowering women and alleviating localized poverty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GalacticAcid posted:

Donald Trump used to party at Studio54. He sniffles all the time. He can barely finish a sentence without plowing into the next sentence. He has remarkable energy for a lardass who eats like poo poo.

No loving way is he not a coke fiend.

He's such an rear end in a top hat he even interrupts himself mid-sentence while quoting someone else. Coke fiend would be another check box on the chart. The sniffles are him trying to clear perceived mucus from numbed sinuses. That's why he's got that pronounced mouth noise after doing it, because his poo poo is numbed up he thinks he's just not sniffling all the gunk back and keeps trying, clamps everything down in the jaw, stiffens that tongue and SNEOORRFFF-PAH.

It's neat that he does it for 90 minutes though. I know I've guessed Adderall in the first debate because of his weird manic speaking but :laffo: if he wouldn't have been fidgeting like a sumbitch had he not walked that poo poo out when Hillz was answering. I'm still marginally leaning amphetamines rather than coke because of the longer sniffling session caused by irritation rather than numbing. They probably dosed him (probably 1.5-2x normal for his weight, finely crushed, insufflated) earlier than last time so that he'd peak earlier and seem more level-headed as the debate wound up. Problem is that the more often you're on that poo poo to keep going the more unhinged you get from the combination of sleep deprivation and amphetamine psychosis. You know all that devil poo poo in the debate and the newly-opened warfront against the RNC? He'll be scrawling some revelations poo poo on the walls of Trump tower before long.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Oct 12, 2016

• Locked thread