Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

illcendiary posted:

Let's actually see some wins and progress before we start patting each other on the back, imo

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis this this this.

There's still 29 days to go. Early / in-person-absentee has kicked off in multiple states, but we have to get them there, and they have to vote from top to bottom. I want blue dog catchers. I want it all.

That Paul Ryan is in full Get To The Gulch mode instead of GOTV tells you everything. They know it's all to play for now, and they'll be the rump party at a time when everyone's looking to turn the screw. It is not over, and we do not get to calm down until PDT polls close.

Write that on a whiteboard and stare at it every time you're getting too high. I'm not gonna tell you I wasn't a teenager on molly all day Saturday. I was. People asked if I'd fallen off the wagon. It was lovely. But it's not over. We have work to do. Make your calls, give your friends a ride to polling places, make it part of the culture of your world that Not Voting Is Haram.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

So what exactly did Paul Ryan say about The Trumpet?

The only thing we have 'confirmed' (as confirmed as it can be) is that he's basically said to the GOP to focus on saving their seats instead of supporting Trump.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Dr Christmas posted:

I dunno guys, my soldiers in XCom miss 90% shots all the time :ohdear:

Hillary, being the Establishment, is more in line with the ADVENT soldiers who crit your rookie behind full cover two stories above them.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Do NOT gently caress with white ladies.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Phone posted:

We ain't save scumming this election, chief.

Clinton as Vahlen makes a disturbing amount of sense. "I need him alive for the...procedure. :twisted:"

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Huzanko fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 10, 2016

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Lol at my drive time radio in Ireland playing the full pussy clip uncensored

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

The affidavit was filed with Jones' lawyers, no less.

But to be fair, there is some disagreement among Very Serious People about her claim's level of credibility.

Yeah, I'm not certain she's lying or anything, there's just enough of a lack of credibility that I have to take Bill's side here outside of a court.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

Yes, exactly. She's never had to face police brutality or anything like it because she's white.

That's almost certainly true as an upper class white person. However as someone that works in the justice system she should be able to see what they are concerned about and it's really disappointing that she's basically being the White Moderate from MLK's "Letters from Birmingham Jail" but worse since she's actually calling them arrogant for using peaceful protest instead of merely saying they need to wait and let the system take care of it civilly. It's a really loathsome thing for her to say while also patting herself on the back for not supporting jailing them which is hosed up.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Here's a chaser:

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/785511700850237441

Yeah, 67% of your party? Ouch man, ouch.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Kilroy posted:

Like I don't get why any Democrat would be so gleeful that the GOP is going to 'back down' and confirm Garland in the lame duck. It's the best case scenario for them in the situation where they are losing the Presidential election. Yes, you're probably right, but it's still bad news.

It was always going to happen dude. If they actually do it early it means they think they are ultra-turbo hosed.

lozzle fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 10, 2016

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Radish posted:

That's not really a good excuse.

I wish just once a reporter would ask what exactly is "arrogant" or "stupid" about what they are doing since that sort of stuff gets thrown around as common sense but I'd love to hear RGB have to actually explain why because I think she'd have a hard time doing so without falling back on blind patriotism, military worship, or discounting systemic racism.

The moral of this story is, as Deadspin put it:

"It is, let me say here, quite weird to project your own beliefs and aspirations onto an octogenarian Supreme Court justice and expect it to never backfire."

http://deadspin.com/ruth-bader-gins...dium=socialflow

Government officials, especially higher-up ones have to be a certain level of patriotic in their on-the-record remarks. This isnt' new-- it's why activists don't really trust any establishment politicians. If Bernie adapted their language on race specifically, he might've had an inroad, but that ship has sailed.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
RBG's generation basically treats the flag like a Roman aquila. Mistreating it in any way is a direct attack on truth, justice and the American way.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Noam Chomsky posted:

That kind of devalues what sexual assault victims have gone through and what they continue to go through and the kind of support they need from their partners.

Anything to attack me, I guess.

No, but if you're honest about growing as a person, bring up this argument with your wife and include that you brought up her assault as proof of something.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Radish posted:

That's almost certainly true as an upper class white person. However as someone that works in the justice system she should be able to see what they are concerned about and it's really disappointing that she's basically being the White Moderate from MLK's "Letters from Birmingham Jail" but worse since she's actually calling them arrogant for using peaceful protest instead of merely saying they need to wait and let the system take care of it civilly. It's a really loathsome thing for her to say while also patting herself on the back for not supporting jailing them which is hosed up.

I totally agree, it's a super lovely thing for her to say, and she doesn't get away with it just because she's "Notorious RBG"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

Here's a chaser:

And that's in line with Rasmussen finding only 71% support for Trump in the GOP.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Donkwich posted:

If there is a landslide result it'll feed into the Trump supporters' narrative of rigging and GOPe betrayal. If this results in the death of the GOP :gizz:

Don't let these fuckers rebound in two years.

I hope the Clinton's pull James Carville out of his molting chamber and have him run a 2 year campaign to keep the fires of the GOPe War until midterms.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Noam Chomsky posted:

That kind of devalues what sexual assault victims have gone through and what they continue to go through and the kind of support they need from their partners.

Anything to attack me, I guess.

Again, I myself am a sexual assault victim, and I'm telling you to get hosed, you hypocritical, self-righteous rear end in a top hat.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Surprise: United States Supreme Court Justice is a little bit patriotic. USPOL loses its poo poo.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

This is even beyond my dreams.
The GOP is Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

And yea the RBG thing is completely understandable given her position and age.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

egon_beeblebrox posted:

Who or what is Ken Bone?

The new Ed Balls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kilroy posted:

Like I don't get why any Democrat would be so gleeful that the GOP is going to 'back down' and confirm Garland in the lame duck. It's the best case scenario for them in the situation where they are losing the Presidential election. Yes, you're probably right, but it's still bad news.
because getting the republican party to do their loving jobs is like pulling teeth and we're gleeful when they decide to let the government work for five seconds every four years

garland is a compromise candidate but at least they're loving taking the compromise instead of crying about how nobody in this family understands them and barack isn't their real dad!!

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

Is anyone else concerned that these numbers are coming a full 4 weeks before Election Day instead of closer to it?

Yeah but he's probied for 11 years.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

For future lurkers:

Using the sexual assault of a loved one to try to win points after you mocked another sexual assault victim is not the way to the moral high ground.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Nenonen posted:

The new Ed Balls.

How much would I give for a detective show of those two called Bone and Balls

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Trabisnikof posted:

For future lurkers:

Using the sexual assault of a loved one to try to win points after you mocked another sexual assault victim is not the way to the moral high ground.

*Narrows eyes, takes notes*

Intriguing...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kilroy posted:

Probably not, but he should.

No, you should not use a judicial nomination as a game of chicken with the Senate. If you nominate, you stick with it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/785515588496007168

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

Bushiz posted:

I hope the Clinton's pull James Carville out of his molting chamber and have him run a 2 year campaign to keep the fires of the GOPe War until midterms.

He was on MSNBC last night after the debate, taking the post-debate crew to task for even suggesting it could be a win for Trump. I wasn't old enough to know him from the 90s, but I totally got why he appeared in 30 Rock and other places in the 2000s after watching him talk for a minute.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Kilroy posted:

Probably not, but he should. The GOP basically got to stall the nomination in case a Republican won the WH, and then if they lose they still get the compromise candidate Obama offered them.

(And yes, on age alone, Garland was a compromise and everyone knows that especially Obama and Garland.)

Hilldog is gonna get at least 2 more justices, let Garland have his day in the sun.

Lamb Chowder
Oct 5, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
Pre debate Even Drew Linzer (anyone heard of this guy? http://www.votamatic.org) has Clinton pulling ahead in Arizona and North Carolina, down by just .2% in Georgia, .3% in Iowa

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

clicking through to his profile i see that he's bald, but at icon resolution the background makes it look like he has a rad mullet

Xarthor
Nov 11, 2003

Need Ink or Toner for
Your Printer?

Check out my
Thread in SA-Mart!

Lipstick Apathy

dex_sda posted:

Yeah but he's probied for 11 years.

:laffo:

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Blood coming out of... EVERYWHERE :unsmigghh:

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

No, you should not use a judicial nomination as a game of chicken with the Senate. If you nominate, you stick with it.
Yes. Garland is not the paragon of the left-wing we want, but he is incredibly qualified and competent.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

comingafteryouall posted:

He was on MSNBC last night after the debate, taking the post-debate crew to task for even suggesting it could be a win for Trump. I wasn't old enough to know him from the 90s, but I totally got why he appeared in 30 Rock and other places in the 2000s after watching him talk for a minute.

James Carville owns so goddamned much.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Good to see Jill Stein only getting 2%

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/785516342111793152

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

uh oh spaghettios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

canepazzo posted:

Here's a chaser:

:raise:: "...And what do you call your act, anyway?"
:tipshat:: "THE DEPLORABLES!"

• Locked thread