Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

Yesterday I was looking through the nominees for one of those terrible video game award shows coming up and No Man's Sky was nominated for almost every single category

e: http://www.gamesradar.com/goldenjoystickawards/

Best Original Game
Best Visual Design
Best Audio
Best Indie Game
Innovation of the Year
Studio of the Year
Game of the Year
Playstation Game of the Year

loving would laugh if it gets game of the year. Which it will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

CJacobs posted:

Undertale deserves to win every indie game award for the rest of time so I'm glad of it

Pretty much yeah. Also for me Toby is just a chill dude. Like he's just genuinely happy people enjoy his game.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

I made a big care comment on the video about how Mike's wrong about the diversity thing from top to bottom and I fully expect to be called a kukk ess jay double you by the great fandom of RLM.

Why the hell did you put a comment on YT. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Chomp8645 posted:

Maybe he's a youtube HERO???

Oh drat didn't think about that. But it was more of you know what's gonna happen. There is no civil discussion to be found on YT.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Jay Rust posted:

If you had Notch's money, what would you do with it?

Pay off my goddamn student loans off for one.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

my birthday is wednesday. happy birthday to the best birthday month people

Only time i"m jealous of my best friend.

Birthday on Halloween.

Lucky.

BASTARD.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

i listened to all of the audio logs, in mgs5 that is. good stuff

Only makes me wish we had a cutscene with the burger. God that would've been great.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Phantasium posted:

I feel really old today so thread, tell me about a game you were obsessed with when you were little.

Megaman X. First time I got to try it was my friend had it in mexico. Played the hell out of it. Few years bought a SNES when I was older and Megaman X was my first game I bought.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
So glad its almost the weekend. My pc has been dead for a week. Well not dead my video card burnt out. I think my gpu fan is busted. Good bye my 4 gig gtx 680. You held up for quite a bit. Probably gonna head to Frys to buy a new card. And yeah snak i dont think you are a lovely person man.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Sup guys back from Frys Electronics , got myself a new card. It's a budget card but it does what it needs.

Rip GTX 680, you stood for me quite a while buddy.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

Hello friends. I am playing the Mega Man games for the first time and all I can do is kill Cutman and then fall off every platform there is. I am very bad at the timing in the platform puzzle things but I know I will eventually get the hang of it and feel like a badass but I hope that happens soon because right now it is a terrible feeling. :(

Megaman one is notoriously difficult.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The Mega Man 1 boss gaunlet sucked. Pretty sure this is was the only game (anyone can correct me if I'm wrong) that the game didn't drop a fat energy pellet when you killed a boss.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

oddium posted:

burritos are for clowns and children

gently caress.

You.

I will go to goddamn SF and go to the mission and get me a burrito and ENJOY IT.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 16, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

I have taken down Cutman, Bomb Man and Fire Man. Literally the only thing in my way are platform things that I will have to try to get a hang of. Ice Man has this one sequence that I simply can't do at all right now and I have encountered the same problem with Elec Man 😑

Being 100 percent honest here. I cheesed Ice Man. gently caress doing that level legitimately.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

Do you have to finish elecman's stage to get the magnet beam, or can you just get it and die? The magnet beam trivializes most of gutsman and iceman's stages iirc.

Need Gutsman power to get the Magnet beam.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

raditts posted:

Bomb Man can destroy those blocks too (I think?)

Not that I recall. It's either Guts Man/Elec Man (Thunder Beam works)

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

Has anyone made a good joke about how Uncharted sort of has the word shart in it? I feel like there's potential there.

Ok what is your beef with Naughty Dog dude.

Like I noticed anytime ND is brought up you say something negative about them. Like yeah I get Uncharted is not everyone's cup of tea, but I know it's more than Uncharted with you.

Just curiosity. No malice, no HURR you are a hater.

edit: I know you are probably in the industry just like me so it's like ok there's gotta be more. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 18, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't know how you narrow something like this down.

What do you mean? Lurdraik tends to have reasons for hating or not liking something because of they were a bad person or something. Well most of the time.

I can't think of anything ND did but I could be wrong.

edit: Also I give him more credit than most SA goons who hate games. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 18, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Lurdiak posted:

I just think Naughty Dog's particular mix of story and gameplay has maximum tedium compared to something like a more traditional AAA game or a Telltale/'walking sim' adventure game. It's essentially story-driven games with a lot of long, linear, unengaging gameplay in between the parts the developers actually care about (the story), which is also very linear and lacks agency. It's the worst of both worlds, basically, and I think their writing isn't very good either, and extremely manipulative in a way that'd make latter day Spielberg blush. They cover up their design and writing shortcomings with cutting edge graphics and top of the line voice acting, just like David Cage.

Like you said, I'm in the industry, specifically an indie dev and freelance writer, so these particular flaws stick out to me. I don't think they're the worst games ever or anything, but they're so beloved that people tend to react pretty aggressively when I clown on them.

But in this particular case I just wanted to point out the game's title sounds like shart, because I'm five.

Thanks for answering me dude. Yeah no i can't blame you if you think of UC or any of their games that way.

I did like UC4 with at least sorta letting you either go guns blazing or stealth. Even though there are some sections where it's pretty much yeah no stealth option.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 18, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody how was everyone's weekend?

I hope everybody had a good weekend. If you didn't, well, hopefully your week or next weekend are good to make up for it! :D

Was p alright. Finally got to play games on my new PC. It took me a while to plunge into SSD and holy poo poo do things load stupid fast.

I used to have to wait a minute for the pc to finish loading. Now it's just like.. 5 to 10 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

loving helll.... :golfclap:

• Locked thread