Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hello I can't afford any games in October but I'll probably buy DQ Builders anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DS3 DLC out this month too, hopefully it'll be sufficiently spooky

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

Is the new Tomb Raider good, I didn't realise it was out on PS4 this month

Everything I've read says it's more of the same if you liked TR 2013 but doesn't do anything new except expanding on the open world stuff, so I'm expecting Arkham City to 2013's Asylum.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

My only problem with CE2 is that I'm too old and slow to play it properly....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games with lots of bosses in June.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

StrixNebulosa posted:

Release date thank you google: September 15, 2015

Wow, it seems like much longer ago than that. The world without Undertale.....

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guns work fine in RE6? At least I never had any problems using them even in Professional. Mixing up melee and guns is the best way to play though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

I keep hearing RE6 doesn't do a very good job teaching people the best and most enjoyable way to play it, and I'd like to know what that way is

Co op because the partner AI is miserable.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

Aren't Quantum Break's "cutscenes" unskippable though?

You can skip them but it shouts at you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RE6 is a really good game desperately being shoved into a locker by a bad one.

Just don't start with Leon's campaign no matter how tempting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tap my mountain posted:

I got RE6 at the recommendation of a friend who somehow enjoys the story and I gave up on it because the shaky cam made the keyboard controls feel extra weird.

Don't play console games with a keyboard

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

i dont think there's any setting in western media where it makes sense for there only to be white people so i wont really ever get the 'forced diversity' argument

not writing minority characters poorly is a different story

if paper mario had black toads it'd increase the character design variety by 200%

Mention the no black people in The Witcher series thing in the Steam thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Quest For Glory II posted:

is the witcher thread the one where the guy talked about the benefits of slavery

Yup

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Actually everything should have black people, women, lgbt people and every other minority in as much as possible.

Death to whitey

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

CJacobs posted:

Read Only Memories tried that and it fuckin sucked so I wouldn't go that far

The ability to write and produce a good game tends to help

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

RIP Robin Williams

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wasn't there a guy who made his legal name Sony Playstation?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

What if we banned pixel art for a year

:woop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Golden Goat posted:

Maybe we should ban randomly generated levels for a while.

Revised list of things that should be banned:

Pixel art

Procedural generation

MOBAs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am satisfied

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

I finished RL with 0 deaths back when it first came out. It's tedious but not really hard. It's not very fun to play it that way though.

Daily reminder that 'not really hard' to you is different than 'not really hard' to most people.

That said, there's a trophy for less than 15 deaths on PS4 though, so it's not like grinding poo poo out is the only way to beat the game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I got one that said 'I can see up your nose'

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The deal is they'll take your stolen consoles, phones and games for drug money without asking questions.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Games go on sale so quickly and so low nowadays I haven't bought a second hand one since the 00's

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Contra Hard Corps is basically a boss rush after the first five minutes. Uh, I probably wouldn't suggest it for anyone who's not that great at games though.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Whoops can't read

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I an old and still enjoy videogames

Also my grandma is sadly no longer with us.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you fancy trying to finish an 80 hour JRPG in 48 then, uh, Tales of Symphonia is free for this weekend on Steam.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bamco left it to swing but there's a fan patch that fixes everything but the 30 fps limit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A group of me and my school friends decided to try playing ShadowRun many years ago, someone decided that rolling dice was just too simple so he wrote a d6 RNG on his PC, and I swear that thing was cheating us the whole time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Video games are good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What difficulty are you playing on?

I don't remember it ever feeling like that for me on normal, just equipped the highest DPS weapons I had and made liberal use of the crafting/enhancing system when I could. I'm sure there's a combo list somewhere but I can't remember where off the top of my head.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why would you subject yourself to that game?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Are top loading washing machines like that common in the US?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

smuh posted:

Hell they're the ones I've seen the most in europe, so that's a pretty weird regional change. I guess they must have done research to determine that most countries in EU have machines with windows though.

They're mostly front loaders in the UK, I've only seen top loaders as like a super budget/space saving option.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Oh hey, Nanobreaker is actually sorta fun. I figured with it being the butt of many jokes that it would be bad.

I remember it being okay but suffering from the same problem as all of IGA's 3D games, lack of interesting level design and not really having the combat chops to make up for it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's always been pronounced like that in the UK.

Or at least I've never heard anyone call it the S N E S out loud.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

The official Nintendo magazine from the UK called the ps2 the "greystation poo", and for some reason that was okay

You used to get adverts where companies would directly poo poo talk the competition's consoles, it was a simpler time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The patching system is infinitely worse and the Bone doesn't have any good exclusives while PS4 has Bloodborne but otherwise the libraries are 90% indentical. I've no idea how bad the performance differences are to someone who doesn't post in the sharktank thread are though.
Also the S is just the normal Bone but smaller and a UHD player, it doesn't have improved performance like the Pro will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Isn't 3 on PC anyway?

• Locked thread