Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Just 11 more days until I get a PS4! :coffeepal:

Also is Dragon Quest 7 on 3DS any good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

thank you, shaq

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

His ego was riding insufferably high for a while during his time at the Lakers but otherwise, yeah he's pretty good dude.

also a genie

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

even "Hurrah for skeleton, therefore skeleton" messages aren't worth the hassle of being invaded by someone who is probably better than me at the game

leave my sight.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Love Stole the Day posted:

The Plinkett video is not about the new movie. It's about the resurgence of Star Wars poo poo in the past few years due to Disney buying the IP rights and its related bullshit. That's why the title of the video is "The Star Wars Awakens." tl;dr: reading is hard.

please don't tell me you watched it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

can someone recommend a ps2-to-usb adapter that works so i can play all video games with my sweet hosed up ninja controller (see previous thread)?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSaazixWhko

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i hate this

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yeah but they're getting Bethesda games for their approximate value.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Revised list of things that should be banned:

Pixel art

Procedural generation

MOBAs

I mean, Idunno, pixel art isn't consistently bad it's just all over the map in terms of quality. How about we ban games with a key selling point of being difficult?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

dungeons of dredmor

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

we all have bad games that we love though...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Macaluso posted:

So much Taco Bell

I too would go Doritos Locos with power

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hey guys i wanna make a new wow character

warlock, hunter, death knight or demon hunter? thanks

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

You can do a short max-level trial of any class now (it ends after the first major questline) if that helps.

Nah, I want to level like a goober

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Y'know what, probably not demon hunter because I've already got a character in the thick of the expansion.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

always warlock, and you better be a good one that actually does poo poo

meaning what

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

meaning what

*pounds fist on table*

WHAT DID YOU MEAN

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

I'd have to experience WoW again to elaborate, so meaning nothing I guess :geno:

When did you play last? Quite a few of the classes have been overhauled.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Are Druids still cool and good?

I'm playing a feral druid for the first time, it's pretty good

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ostentatious posted:

the last of us is incredible

"are"

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKgPWVgrzQ

strange to think that they gave the muppet a review copy of paper mario, but here we are

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the bare minimum I can do to get review copies of video games

I mean you say that but learning puppeteering is far from the minimum.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna need about free titty to do that

EDIT: oh no this is an actual thing isn't it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

3.50 would probably buy you a bundle of games to make a convincing enough review site to scam a few more games and parlay that into scamming actual games you want eventually

No no no, I said free titty

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, that's tree fiddy, just like you asked

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

*rubs hands together* aw yeah, money well spent

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I am incredibly glad Steam refunds are a thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I have decided on my final list for "Gaming in the Year 2017".

Japanuary - Jrpgs and games from Japanese developers.
Fpsbruary - 1st person shooters only.
March! - RTS/Grand Strategy games
April Scours - Metroidvanias and Exploration games.
May Day! - Twin Stick Shooters/Shootemups
Randomly Junerated - Roguelikes and procedurally generated games.
Boo-ly - Spooky/scary/fearful games in the summer
Au-gust - Golden Oldies. Games older than 2010 that I've never played and should have.
Searchtember - Point and Click/Hidden object games.
Coin-optober - Arcade Games.
Novelember - Visual Novels/Story Centric Games.
Indiecember - Indie Games.

I think all of those should provide for a varied and exciting year. All of the games I play will be ones I have never played. I will play predominately PC games but I also own a PS3, a PS Vita, a New3DS and a WiiU. I will also have a thread for it where people can tell me which game I should be playing or comment on how bad I am doing. I may even record video (I tried a bit of dark souls the other day and it didn't go as well as I'd like so I have a few months to get the skills down).

If anyone has any game recommendations for the months then please let me know! I think it's going to be an interesting 365 days! I'd like to buy a brand new game for each month too, so if one that fits is released then I'll get it! (I've not bought brand new games in years - thanks sales!)

Roll on :2017:!

It defies clean categorization, but please play Freedom Force if you haven't already.

It's RTS-like I guess?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

In Training posted:

For Coin-optober you should see if you live near any arcades and play any game you can find that would be impossible to emulate properly because of the cabinet design and play that because they're unique experiences that won't exist once the hardware breaks

There's a bowling alley right across from where I work. I should check out their arcade.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Here's my reason why you should play Freedom Force: it's the best thing Irrational Games ever made.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

Interesting, tell me more of this "Freedom Force"

Basically what FAK said, but also it's got physics! You can throw things at evidoers to your heart's content. I don't want to toot my own horn*, but I did an LP of it.

*okay yes i do

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

The physics suck because I just wanted to throw a water tower at an enemy on a rooftop and the water tower kept hitting something along the way or not going far enough or bouncing just past the enemy!!

Freedom Force becomes much more enjoyable once you accept the fact that it did not have much of a budget.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I would not go so far as to say Freedom Force is easy; in fact, I would call it difficult.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

It's not a video game but I started playing D&D with some friends of mine! Funny that we would get into it in our mid-20s but I'm not complaining.

It's really fun, I wish I'd started sooner!

Dang, nice, our party started at level 1

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Protip: if you're new to D&D just roll a spellcaster so you don't have to know a bunch of combat rolls.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I put in for three days off including my birthday, but I did not foresee the result being seven straight days of work. gently caress me I guess!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Only now do I truly understand the feelings of the lowly orc peon.

Work work. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I wish I was like rich and poo poo so I could have a weekly DnD game, but alas I am a poor and I have no friends/time so I just read the 2nd and 3rd edition rule books. They make good toilet/bed time reading.

I also got a whole poo poo load of Pathfinder core books and mods from a humble bundle earlier this year, I should break those open one day.

e: Even though I haven't played in 15 years I still think up campaign ideas all of the time. If I ever have kids I will probably force them to play like a bad parent.

If physically playing D&D is a problem, you might want to look into Roll20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kirby Superscare! posted:

I have added Freedom Force to my March! game play list. It seems it fits that category best.

Great! It's a pretty short game so please consider getting the sequel too.

Also let me know if you have trouble running it, it's a weird bird.

• Locked thread