Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is the MGSV GOTY just a bunch of lovely cosmetic and item DLC like most GOTYs are now?

ya. It's Ground Zeroes + Phantom Pain + cosmetic dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Spaceman posted:

What are the big selling points of Civ 6? I like 4X games but I feel pretty happy with Endless Legend and Civ 5 for the moment.

It'll probably be buggy and broken until the first expansion arrives. Just like every previous Civ game.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Has there been ANY footage of The Last Guardian since the 2015 e3? because lol it's coming out in December.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

yaiba: ninja gaiden z

it's bad. also Keiji Inafune directed it so lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mordja posted:

The best opinion, since he himself invested $1000 into Star Citizen.

:laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

CJacobs posted:

PC wasn't a massive gaming platform in 2003 and there was no microsoft console. That's not a very fair comparison.

schrodingers gaming platform

pc gaming has always been completely dead or at it's peak

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Apparently Star Citizen devs started producing merchandise for specific ship jpgs that they're selling:

This is an exclusive offer from a brochure for the latest ship jpg that itself costs $750.

INGAME merchandise :laugh:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

I hope people who like space games eventually get a good space game because it seems like every space game gets shot down for not being spacy enough.

People who want space games don't actually want a space game, but a real life replacement. For some reason a lot these sadbrains are attracted to space games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This is cool. LEGO owns.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

Literally the only times I hear it brought up is to complain about it but I won't begrudge people if they were just excited, I just think it's weird to keep a grudge going against a game because it made money in a silly way and it's annoying to hear. It's free for discussion regardless of how I feel about it, though so whatever.

You are mistaking complaining with mocking. People are mocking the game, Chris Roberts and the backers.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody play shadow warrior 2 yet? Looks like mad fun to me.

Game is really good so far. The loot system is nice too.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Transformers: Devastation is the coolest poo poo ever

I don't know poo poo about Transformers but I am smacking around giant bug-robot-men with drill hands and it's cool as poo poo

I was really sleeping on this game even though Platinum is probably my favorite game developer

Optimus Prime taunting enemies as he dodges is the best.

"Not even close"

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol if you gave Tim Schafer any money at all

doubly so if you considered it an investment

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Red Dead Revengeance

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

credburn posted:

Hey, all you old-school Doom and Quake players, I have a question about Doom...um, the new Doom. Not called "The New Doom" but just "Doom" for some stupid reason. That's strike 1, new Doom! :argh:

I've never been into multiplayer games because I'm a misanthropic agoraphobic human hating fire bombing loner. So this question is specifically about the single player. Also, I'm playing with a proper mouse and keyboard, not the NES Advantage or whateverthefuck incarnation of that homophobic racist Linkin Park kids use with their 30 FPS games.

I want to pick up Doom, but I'm not entirely sold on it. I haven't actually seen any videos of it since a little bit before its release, and I wasn't really liking what I was seeing. What I saw was some frantic, wonderful running and gunning, jumping and splattering and blowing away demons and it looked like a proper update to the Doom classic, a Doom for the new generation. But then I saw that switching between weapons brought up a weird UI and it brought the game into slow motion. Well, this offends me. Doom didn't slow down for nothing. Leaping behind cover and swapping your weapon and then leaping back was part of the chaotic fun. I know it was pretty simple back then; you didn't have to reload your gun or anything. But I don't LIKE the idea of time slowing down to swap out my weapon. So I am wondering, 1) can this be disabled and 2) if it can't be disabled, do you find this hurts the gameplay, especially coming at this from the thirst for Doom-like nostalgic ultra-violence?

My next question pertains to finishing moves. I think I saw a Youtube video with a guy playing a beta of it (or something) and he said that doing finishing moves makes you invulnerable during the animation, and he went on to say that that becomes a rather necessary gameplay element, with so much going on one needs a brief break of random invulnerability. This offends me. I've been playing some other games wherein performing finishing moves makes you invulnerable, and I use this to my advantage. If it's part of the game, I'm going to use it, but I sure don't like it. I think it pulls me out of the immersion. Not the finishing moves -- that's fine -- but let me be at risk doing it. So I am wondering, 1) Does it still make you invulnerable, or was that an early build feature, 2) are there multiple finishing moves for various monsters? I don't want to see the same finishing move 100 times, and 3) do you have to initiate the finishing move, or does it just happen mid-combat?

Oh, and final question: How is health handled? Is it like classic FPS games where you have to monitor your health and go get medikits and such, or is it like pussy boo-hoo modern FPS games where you just squat behind a table and wait for your health to come back you loving pussy wimp?

-weapon wheel doesn't ruin the gameplay
-yes you are invuln. yes there are a few different finishers. no, you have to manually activate them.
-actual hp not regenerating hp

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

This top-down bullshit in Transformers: Devastation basically killed the game for me. I've failed this poo poo like four times and I have no desire to play it. Why did they do this?

It happens once and real early in the game. You can run by every encounter except the last one which isn't even that hard.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5uik5fgIaI

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I don't watch videos of poo poo. Let me know when there's an article with pictures.

here is a picture

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Snak posted:

I don't watch videos of poo poo. Let me know when there's an article with pictures.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i still don't believe it

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

pokemon mystery dungeon is good. it's good. im not ashamed to say it

:agreed:

I love all mystery dungeon style games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:popeye:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

spudsbuckley posted:

I played about 4 hours of Witcher 3 about 6 months ago and just went away from it to more interesting games.

From a game-play point of view it is utterly mediocre, no better than Ubisofts latest open-world collectaton and i don't really give a poo poo about the story.

The praise it gets is bewildering to me. I presume the people who love it play maybe 2 games every year.

Well yea if you don't like the gameplay and the story you aren't going to like the game.

lol comparing the gameplay to the crapfest that is assassin's creed though

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Buca di Bepis posted:

wow I genuinely thought going F2P would grant it a decent lifespan

Sometimes a bad dead game is just dead.

Even loving Wildstar is still on life support from f2p.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

if you preorder you get the bonus of knowing the jrpg of the year is securely yours

it comes with a copy of ff15?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kirby Superscare! posted:

My absolute favourite thing was the pantheon. I have never seen such an impressive building. Also it is goddamn nuts that they have no real idea what it's made out of other than some olden days concrete that they cannot replicate!

The Romans used volcanic ash to make their concrete super strong(which we didn't rediscover until a while ago). :eng101: So it's probably that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I honestly did not like the single player at all in Doom, but the multiplayer was great.

Too obvious

• Locked thread