Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Sublime strikes again! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

The boy's toys are standard action figures in action poses and the girl's toys are barbie-type dolls with real hair so that is part of why I think it's lame. There's a very clear distinction between the toys for girls and the toys for boys.

All I know is that that is a gigantic loving batarang.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Especially with my going "SAY THAT WORD NOW."
I've never wanted video of anything more.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Oct 11, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

Get her Squirrel Girl instead?

I would say Gwenpool, but uh, she kills some folk, no?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I was going to suggest Catwoman #89, where Harley pitches a cartoon based on the look of the animated series and the tv people keep adding things to fit their demographics like a hip asian and whatnot, but having just checked the issue, she kills them all at the end so uhhh never mind.

At least get her the Batman Adventures issue where she and Ivy use Bruce's credit card to buy everything (Batman Adventures Holiday Special)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Oct 12, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

joehonkie posted:

Heh. Heh. Finals Crisis.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

BKV was also show runner for Under the Dome, the one show I hatewatched. I do not recommend it and I don't think BKV does either.

I thought he was only actually involved with like the first episode.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

The Question IRL posted:

There was a Karl Kessel Harley Quinn series from the late 90's. I think it had Ed McGuinness artwork and it was pretty good.
It was light hearted but not overly saccharine. There was no graphic violence from what I can remember.

That being said it changed writer/artist about 25-30 issues where it becomes a Noir type crime series and gets pretty dark.

See if you can track down the early issues and make a decision.

I was going to recommend that heartily, as it's one of my favorites, and had the entire Kesel run hardbound long before DC put out trades, but he did mention not wanting to see Harley indiscriminately kill people, and I know of at least one instance where that happens. Also, I wasn't sure if Terry Dodson's highly cheesecake-y sex-ay art was age appropriate. But beyond those issues, I love that run (never bothered with the stuff after #25). There's a lot of great Harley and Ivy (and Jimmy Olsen) moments.

The Question IRL posted:

There is a really great issue thst involves Big Barda being tasked by Batman with stopping Harley from going near the grandfather clock in Wayne Manor that is really funny.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 14, 2016

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Well, crap. RIP Steve.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Was sad to see Steve Dillon died this weekend, always a huge fan. Didn't realize how he died until I read this thread, it shook me as I've been having abdominal pain the last few days I wrote off to pulling a muscle. Got freaked out by the news and went to the hospital to be sure. Now I'm in a bed scheduled to have my appendix removed after it ruptured last week.

Thanks Steve.

:aaaaa:

Welp, glad you went in!

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

Other than covers has Milo Marinara or whoever drawn anything other than titty comics?

He did that one chapter for Sandman: Endless Nights.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

RevKrule posted:

He did a one shot called X-Women with Chris Claremont because that's not a can of worms no one should open.

He said anything other than!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Madkal posted:

I will make a quick and dirty November thread if no one else is doing that.

Remember, remember, a thread for November!
Discussion of pencils and plot;
Books that have Freeze in
Or maybe Pat Gleason
Right always will be Scott!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 1, 2016

• Locked thread