Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I know I've been quiet here for forever but Vvardenfell is pretty baller and I say this as a huge velothi fan creature. If you think you're hyped, please try to understand my restraint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

It's me, I'm the J4G

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Thanks my dude, I appreciate it despite my being j4g being a complete fiction with no basis in reality.

I am one of the devs Scyantific alluded to. I can't really discuss anything though, but if you have feedback regarding anything crafting feel free to pm it to me and I'll quietly collect it. I'm the crafting guy.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I currently run my Templar as a heavy armour frost staff healtank. It's fun. Most cases I plant my rune focus and keep boss attention while healing the group and laying down AoE deeps as much as I can.

If that sounds interesting I can toss together some notes on my build next time I am on. It's definitely not an optimized play pattern but you can straddle all three roles well for group play because frost staff tanking is still destro staff skill point investiture and all your points should still go into Magicka.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yo, like, even being bad at AvA can be fun. Hang out behind keep walls and try desperately to keep your faction from faceplanting, it's like reverse whack-a-mole.

I have been defending keeps and witnessed Froid and Scy rolling in to kill us before. Good times.

E:
(I died.)

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Scy please post house pix with all your swag thrones.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Sometimes client and server get out of sync and there isn't any helping it. If you want safer theft, try investing in some invisible drugs.

It sounds like you're pretty frustrated with justice and that's okay. Take a break from stealing junk. Maybe run a dungeon or two. Head to Cyrodiil.

E: to clarify about the sync thing- in many MMOs, ESO included, you aren't always exactly where you think you are. Most actions that will update your position also break stealth.

Drinking a potion does not break stealth.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Sixto Lezcano posted:

Where do I get this infinite poop bag

It's from an event. It lets you throw ... mud.

It's the Bosmer winter event, I think?

e: Oh, you might be able to find the memento on guild traders. Search misc for mud balls.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Wow! Wowwwww. Wow.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

It says that you'll be able to buy additional outfit tokens and home storage items in the Crown Store, not that you need a subscription and/or crowns to use the features at all.

This is correct.

SplitSoul posted:

Only one customizable outfit without crowns is pretty weak, it seems you have to buy additional slots for other characters.

One per character. Rich should be demoing it on ESO Live today, for the curious.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yes, you guys are correct. While the visual appearance of a motif and a style is shared, motif knowledge remains character-driven while style knowledge is account-wide.

Also, you can preview any style you haven't collected yet. Or have collected, you know, if you like to spend all day staring at the nice things you already have.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

apparently he is good friends with the guy in charge of lore for ESO though

Yeah, MK and Lawrence are buds.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

dope schick seems like a cool dude too

Can confirm, super cool dude. Also invented owlbears and myconids and Corellon Larethian, the original genderfluid elf.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

My fave hireling is... Tythis. Dude is legit. :coal:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Whoah, dude, whoah. Whoah.

But yeah, please never don't report obvious bots.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Hey now, we did outfits so that you could play princess dress up. At least, that's what I do with the system.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Each and every quarterly update adds new character aesthetics to the game.

E: and, 9 times out of 10, they are available both for purchase and in game.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, the trick with the dubious throne is that it also gives stamina recovery. With Max stamina and stamina recovery on the same food, that makes it kind of special. Plus, as a drink, it works with a certain piratical set.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Please show me all of your outfits.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yes. Good. Excellent! More outfits please! I will share some of my own when, I guess, I'm not working or whatever.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Beefeater posted:

When the outfit system first came out it would suppress the enchantment hues if you changed the look of your weapons. They "fixed" that in the next patch and now it's constantly visible instead. I liked having non-constantly-glowy weapons. :(

That's actually a weird bug, believe it or not.

E: both sides of that. :negative:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Unlikely you'd lose progress unless the CSR moved you from NA to EU or vice-versa, which afaik we don't really do. Please try to bear in mind that our megaservers are grand and mysterious creatures, capable of many wonders.

If you still have issues PM me and I'll talk to the people I can. I can't promise miracles though, if you're subject to something truly awful.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I'm just, like, a guy, you know? Not a CSR though.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Please, he's way more charismatic than I am. Also different studio.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Okay, I've been quietly enjoying everyone's outfit shots but that second one is quite nice.

E: not to say that everyone else's outfits have been rubbish, it's all great, that one just speaks to me.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yes, unless something very wrong has happened.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I feel like I shouldn't stick my foot in it, but race choice in ESO shouldn't really be termed lazy design. The racial designs in the title hold to prior representation in the franchise, with some considered and iterated-on racial abilities that change as the game does.

Were it lazy they'd still be identical to end of beta. They are not.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

We see it a lot. And to be fair, it's not an invalid opinion, it's just not a strong design component for this franchise in particular.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Clothes are still in the game. We never took them out. Rob more homes.

They're just not currently available for Outfits.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I can't confirm or deny anything regarding future plans for Outfit. Other than that it'll be awesome, of course.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Yeah, it is the correct choice to start researching right away. Deconstructing stuff you don't necessarily need, and don't need to sell, get you some skill increases periodically, but research is time oriented.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I also prefer the gamepad, and play on PC.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I cannot adequately describe how I do it. I use a light touch on both sticks, and kind of glide my thumb over the stick to press any face button I need while steering my camera. Old Dark Souls habit.

I think I'll start mapping my targets to R1/L1 though, that's a wise call.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Surveys drop whenever you don't get a shipment. There's some RNG but this is regardless of skill rank; the only thing that will vary is the shipment or survey itself, as far as these items are concerned.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I can't imagine doing my entire rotation from my thumb. Am I just lacking imagination? I even got a weird idea to use a controller in my left hand and the mouse in my right.

When I played LotRO I used six hot bars and all 12 buttons on the thumb of my razer mouse rather than keyboard hotkeys. It was swift and extremely performant.

I have permanent damage to the first joint of my thumb.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

That druid lady, is she chilling in Elden Root?

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Elden Root has a second Spinner like her; this other guy is just as well-versed in metaphysics but doesn't take his job super seriously. Those two are special to me. :allears:

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

I really like being a necromancer tank. If that's not an option for you, DK is fun too, but necro tanking is a good time.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

Well, like, Ezabi probably is a thief, but she will never rob you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

Would you steal from an employer that has personally killed several thousand people?

I'd love to say I do that every day, but really what I'm doing is "not that".