Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

OP pretty old. since you can have 5 guilds any random goon one out there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

This Stibbons quest is goddamn loving stupid

e: out everything, realized my questhub addon wasn't updated so I couldn't find any other quests. I still maintain that quest sucks

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jun 10, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I think CP 160 is when you can buy the real gear? It's been so long I can't remember.

e: didn't quote the post somehow

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I could google.. but justpost

Can someone explain endeavors to me and what they do?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Doctor Zero posted:

They are daily objectives basically (with weekly versions coming). Collect x bear asses, kill x rats, do a dungeon, etc.

Oh, and when you complete one, you get ENDEAVOR COINS that you can use on cosmetic items instead of Crown Jewels. Seems like you can get 45 a day, so it will only take 240 days to get a reward!!!

lol k thanks

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Locator posted:

I have no idea what this is, but I'll look into it, thanks.

Go to alcast.com. sry it's late or I'd help more

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I have an ESO Steam account. I'd like to sync the account to Xbox so I can play on Gamepass on my phone. Can it be done?

I guess I can try Steamlink.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Sounds like history.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lysandus posted:

Anyone know an addon that shows unfound things on the map like world bosses and points of interests?

Download Minion and go hogwild.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

ESO is just Skyrim in MMO. Just like TOR and KOTOR.
And I'm not saying that as a bad thing at all.

If you like the wandering around in Skyrim, ESO is your game. I enjoy just getting high and exploring a zone at times. Just as much as sitting around and playing Skyrim on my Switch.

Sometimes I unlock a new house or something after doing a questline, and it rules.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Potato Salad posted:

feel like ESO is a full bore Elder Scrolls game for Elsweyr on its own. it's pretty much a full Scrolls game for just the Black Marsh too

probably a Scrolls have for each of the faction's full OH silver/gold content too

poo poo there's an awful lot of content

It's Skyrim if they kept adding new areas. And I love it for it. Especially since I can use a controller easily.

Also Murkmire rules.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also just random things but completing zones and some other quests allow you to buy a house in each zone for gold instead of crowns.

Also I think it's the Elswyr one where if you finish the main story you get a whole huge house for free. Maybe it was Summerset? I doesn't take very long at all.

Also there's apartments in some cities you can get for really cheap, check the inn in main towns.

I believe Zone Guides are only available if you have ESO+ though, it shows you where to start every zone quest, could be very wrong I've always had ESO+.

e: dunno who this guy is but could help since he shows new players how to max out on just the base game, no added money for like half of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZdQf-N_kGA

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Aug 19, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

If it's free then definitely use the zone guide. zoom out on your map, pick a zone, and it'll tell you where to start. It even zooms in. and this is for any part, if you're 4 of 7 zone quests in and were drunk and forgot what you did, the zone guide literally will, again zoom right in and show you where to go.

and that's any zone, but i'd recommend one at a time.

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Aug 19, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

No, those are available always.

ESO+ gives: 1650 crowns, all DLC access, 10% quest gold and XP bonus, 10% research speed, craftbag, double bank space, house furnishings and transmutes, ability to dye costumes.

Nothing UI related is locked behind ESO+ and all content is equally available (as long as you've bought the relevant DLC).

Three main reasons to get ESO+ are a way to get crowns if you'd be buying them anyway, a way to access the content if you prefer a sub vs outright buying, and a way to get the craftbag and double bank space to save inventory juggling. I guess some people are really into housing and get it for the furnishing slots too.

The cost of the DLCs are very high, like 2000 crowns each.

e: Which I think is $20? and there's like 20 DLCs lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah I basically always use alcast but tweak it to suit whatever I want.

The game is so flexible there's really no need to min-max much. imo at least, but I mostly play solo and hit up pugs and some guild groups.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is anyone here in a populated but casual guild?

I use a controller on PC cause I'm too old to keep hitting keys over and over. I got like 800 CPs but I don't know poo poo and I just jump around finishing zones, decorating my houses, and help people.

Send me a PM if so

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I'm just randomly playing and a dolmen popped and literally, like 100 people zoned in and went for it. So this is probably the best time to play the game if you want easy leveling. Tons of people playing.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also I'm bored, so I want to do the guild bank thing.

I don't want to waste my time making 9 other accounts for nothing, so any help there? Like how do I even start

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also there's food that helps you level, besides all the XP scrolls:

If you check https://alcasthq.com/ the builds will show the foods you want to buy.
But if you're only leveling, ignore the best there and just get anything, just definitely make sure you've eaten food.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Ort posted:

Ok maybe I just hate warden. Ive been having a lot more fun on my stamblade and also started a necro and this class has totally rad animations. Wish I could pair 2h skills with the magicka skills because I like their animations better than the stam morphs but it is still very rad.

Necro probably has the best impact attacks, since that seems like what you're into.

Do the Mage Guild so you get Shooting Star and you can slam a giant star into the whole area, it's an ultimate tho.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Lotta new players, are any of you guys in an active guild together? I got 2/5 spots left

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Also I noticed using the new multithreading option definitely makes it run at like double the speed, but my CPU usage is up from 20ish% to 41%

I have an i9 9900k, so not too old but it's definitely running it hard. I think I'm going to turn it off, I don't need my PC dying right now when you can't get anything.

user: @bluedust1

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Actively using your CPU is not going to strain it in any remotely measurable fashion unless your çhassis airflow is completely terrible beyond words and your thermal paste is non existent.

Agreed if it was just ESO. But I have 2 monitors and I play videos and poo poo on the second. Big problem was buying a main 3440x1440x120 monitor, but too late now.

Unless using over 70% of my CPU all day while I play ESO and other stuff at the same time is okay.

I turned it off and still get 90ish FPS with only 20% CPU so I'm cool.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

drat yeah I need a maelstrom staff. Too late now but I'll be on tmw

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Oh yeah it doesn't affect me when playing or anything.

I said at the beginning it's only because PC parts cost so much now I'm neurotic. I even underclock my 2080ti a bit. It just a weird thing for me, thanks though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wait what's this cool pet that turns into a house?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

question on that event pet/mount thing.

Where do I get Black Iron Stirrups? The Impresario guy has all the other items

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Is it the Chill Bros?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I really hate the 700 item limit.

Some of these new houses are goddamn huge, but nope still 700.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Tell me about it. Even trying to focus mainly on the ship in the Grotto I've still run out of space.

The best I've found so far is Serenity Falls Estate. It's got the 700 limit but it's not gigantic.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

TBF half of my budget was spent on the treasure hold.

What's that?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there a nice house for poors like me who have about 100k at best?

You get a free giant one by doing the Summerset or Elswyr main story. I can't remember which

e: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Hall_of_the_Lunar_Champion

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

The requisite treasure hoard for the cool pirate ship that comes with the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto. I might have gone a little... overboard. :haw:

Edit: Mind you, I did most of this before they introduced the precision placement tools and it was a gigantic pain in the rear end.

I'm obsessed with housing so I love this. Are you in the goon guild? What's your name if so? You can PM me it if you want.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

SplitSoul posted:

Same as here, but I'm on EU.

drat

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If you just want to visit there's nothing stopping you creating a character on EU and using Essential Housing Tools to visit their home assuming its permissions are set to allow anyone to enter. I don't know if how to do it without ESH.

It's just not the same

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I've never opened any crates. Aren't they basically just gacha loot boxes?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Whoever that guy was with the massive treasure trove, have you seen the new Hubulajad's Final Treasure? Dayum

e: I hosed up and left the wrong guild, reinvite @bluedust1 please

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Sep 10, 2021

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There's also rewards for doing zone stuff.

A whole poo poo ton of houses that you can only buy with crowns open up with gold once you finish some questlines.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Private Speech posted:

The only way that you can really gimp yourself until a respec is if you equally level both magicka and stamina stats, just pick one. There's stronger and weaker builds but it doesn't really matter until the gear cap or if you want to do harder content.

You'd think they'd try and change the way stats work, but no it's always max your magicka or stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Snowy posted:

Good news, I successfully logged in for the first time in ages and now M’aiq is my pal 😺

Are you in the goon guild? I'd like to see him before I buy