Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Alexander DeLarge posted:

If I could reroll my Templar 200 hours in as a PVPer, I'd go Sorcerer. They look like they're loads of fun.
I assume you're talking about stamsorc, because, you know, magsorc.. :emo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Honestly, bothering with awesome crafted gear before 40-50 isnt really worth it (unless you're twinking for pvp, if that's a thing). Just change out gear as you pick it up, and try to keep your weapon current.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

tgidieday posted:

After 2.6.5, normal dungeon trash does more damage than vet trash used to, while vet trash does about what normal trash used to.

Get on my (normal) level. :smug:

I had a look at the official forums:
[poorly written OP, complaining about normal difficulty
[picture proof of trash mobs in normal doing 150% of the damage of trash in vet]
[300 examples of various extremely poorly written, smugfaced, needtodie (TGIdieday!) l2p posts]

Please shoot me, I have lost the will to live..

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The Moon Monster posted:

<snip> Is there anything in the crown store that I should buy? <snip> camel <snip>

Yesssss. BiS.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

mitztronic posted:

So I've made it to lvl 10 and the game is overall pretty fun, but I can't get over how painfully easy it is. I soloed a "public group dungeon" earlier today without any problems.

Is there any sort of difficulty ramp up?

Well, the way scaling works now, you get less of a "scale-boost" as you level up. You'll have more skills and passives to even it out. Once you get higher up the CPs it gets easier again, as stuff scales to CP 160.

(That said, the questing remains easy throughout)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Rollersnake posted:

There's also training your mount, but I haven't gotten around to that yet as inventory space is priority #1 for non-subscribers.

As a fellow non-subscriber, I'd say this is crazy-talk. I'll rather never pick anything up ever than be forced to trot around on a 0-speed horse (running is faster) :colbert:

Speaking of nonsubbing, reminder;

tgidieday posted:

PC/Mac 5500 crown pack is on sale for $24 again. Whales, ho!

Never buy crowns except in these sales, which happen about 2-3 times a year.

valuum fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Oct 20, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I'LL PUG VET PLEDGES WITH YOUR DOG ANY DAY SLUGGO

e: ok, also with his feeder

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is this game good yet and how many days will it take me to get to cap now?

Yes, and with the scaling and huge bonus to a random dungeon per day, levelling is very quick now (you just missed a month of double exp gains).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Does the sorcerer active ability 'Dark Conversion' allow you to slot fewer points into Magicka? Is it useful? It seems useful :eek:
If this were a game with 7 hotbars a la vanilla wow (no idea how it is now) it would be useful, but since you have to choose only 5 skills per bar it's really bad.

boho posted:

Group PvE:
-2H aren't really viable either, but it's better than a Bow. They don't make good secondary weapons. I don't care if people use a 2H in normals, but in vets, kickaroonie
Uh what, this is news to me. Rally?

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Nov 12, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Congrats, you've just become the build version of JackBadass. Bolded is when I started laughing IRL.

I'm stamclueless, hence the questions. I will happily defend boho's fair maiden honour though. But I love you both, let's not quarrel!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Don't bereave the weave.

That is brilliant.

Running with Ennufloob Monster Team I rarely have time to dps, because I actually loot corpses and new ones arrive faster than I can sort out the non-desirables. I get to hit bosses sometimes though!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
You dont get to be dapper like Aramek without some crown shopping.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The Moon Monster posted:

What level of gear are you ready for vet/hard mode at?

Vet/hms vary wildly in difficulty. As a general rule, you'll be perfectly fine in any of the non-dlc I-versions.

Rollersnake posted:

Fast travel via the wayshrines is so convenient that I don't feel like I need a mount for anything other than expanding my inventory, and deciding that I'm no longer going to bother with one craft (alchemy) has freed up so much space that I haven't maxed out my inventory since.

You can buy mounts with gold from the stable, if you didnt know. Also, if you complete the tutorial in Cyrodil (the pvp area), you get access to The Best Skill In The Game, for even faster movement.

acumen posted:

My buddies and I are thinking about taking this up after the free trial is over. Does it play well with 3+ players? I usually end up out-levelling them and apparently there's level scaling as well - if I'm level 50 are mobs still gonna put up a fight or is everything still going to get one shot?

With 3 people playing you should be killing regular mobs instantly anyway, but yeah it scales separately to each player. World bosses and such can provide a challenge though, if you're new/lazy.

valuum fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Nov 18, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
TG passives are *awesome* for DB questing, so you're on the right track.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Ghetto Prince posted:

looking for an invite @Halfpipe

Says account not found.. Sure you got it right?

VVV: That's cheating

valuum fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 19, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I, uhm, "heal" dungeons with healing ward and siphon spirit, and mostly just dps.. Including most vets. I'd use healing springs too, but I hosed up when morphing and urrggg respecing..

So yeah, healing dungeons is really easy in this game.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I actually quit a (normal!) CoH II last night at that boss. Noone were doing any damage, dying like flies, no ressing, it was late and I was sober.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Stanley Pain posted:

I think you meant to say that this is the greatest thing they've ever done.

Woohhhh how did I miss that :aaa: How many of those crown crate bullshit coins do you get per bullshit crate? Havent really paid attention, but you can buy the mounts for a ridiculous amount of those, right?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Dont know what's typical, but this works well for me: Destro staff and dps stuff on bar 1, resto on bar 2. For most normal dungeons I just slot/use healing ward, and dps the rest. For vets I usually slot siphon spirit and combat prayer in addition to healing ward. I mostly just pug I versions of vets though, IIs are :effort:, and I suspect my healing cant possibly save a "less abled" group. In a great group you pretty much dont need to heal in vets either. I run dps gear and monster set, but it works for healing too.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Ugh, there are so many IIs that are terrible with PUGs. I barely bother to pug normal IIs..

Scyantific posted:

E: Just did Veteran Imperial City Prison on my first try with pick-up group. Nailed the speed-run and hard mode.

Some people win the lottery, others get the perfect pug. Congrats!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Here's a buff list, with sources, from 2015, divided by class, weapons etc. Not sure how updated it is, but it worked well for me earlier.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

insideoutside posted:

One question - I have no idea what class I will be but I am reading up on it. Is there any race/class that is easier to play (simple but powerful) while I am getting into it? I am thinking of khajit nightblade since I like dps but I am open to suggestions.
Stamina sorc (ie redguard, khajiit or so) and magicish templar (master race etc) are relatively flavour of the year.. ish? Not 100% sure, I unintentionally play the other kind. Scy's starter guides are great;

(gently caress, I quoted that correctly, give me my medal)

e: yep, respecs. And they're dirt cheap if you have few skill points (like typically any level before 50)

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
If you're lazy like me and dont bother with the PTS, here are good tours of all the homes.

Craglorn really does look spectacular. A lot of the other homes have too many different houses and rooms for my tastes (transitions, ugh).

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hahaha.. Everyone thought we were getting a balance patch to even out stam/mag and various classes, but they had their own definition of balance to even out, that noone thought was needed. Brilliant!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Lima posted:

Are there any europeans/offhour people in the US guild? I installed this dumb game again and wouldn't mind starting over fresh.

Yap! It's of course a lot more crowded late in the evening and at night, but we're usually about 5ish people on in the yuroevening. Ask in guild chat if you want to do dungeons, levels/knowhow is optional for most of the normals.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

I Troll King in PvP

You should write a guide, your majesty!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Jesus christ THAT GUY. He posts dozens of whinethreads with no insight into anything whatsoever, threatenes with quitting, changes sig to retired, keeps going with the whine threads. He's the only person on the official forums I recognize, because all his threads are The Worst.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Dinurth posted:

Someone was asking about leveling up legerdemain in guild chat yesterday, this seems like a quick way to do it:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/322398/quickly-level-legerdemain-the-apple-method

post says posted:

Each stolen item you sell or launder gives 1 point for Legerdemain

Anyone know for sure if this is correct? Based on my own experience I was certain price/rarity also comes into effect, and that apples give a really low leger yield.

Shy posted:

I'll probably play on NA servers (that's where you're all playing, on pc?)
Hurray to more Properly Timezoned people in our guild!

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've been having a very good time on the NA server as an EUian for a year and a half, doing everything except vet raids (I dont count pvp okay). Not that I've tried, but I suspect you'll have a hard time finding a progression group with EU friendly raid times. Been busy moving and vacationing lately, ready for some more eudungeoning soon.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I would go for it if it also got me all of the other games on steam.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Giga Gaia posted:

When does stealing stop being fun? Does it ever stop being fun?

I dont play much these days, but when I do always end up stealstealmurdering my way through the peasants outside Mournhould (sorry peasantdudes!). So yeah, never.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Anyone around not doing anything? We have right now pvp crew* and pve crew** killing baddies.

* Nevermind them
** COME BE COOL

e: we brought ramdom newbie pubbies along through nSO, good times!

valuum fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 6, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

MF_James posted:

Healer is hit and miss, sometimes instant sometimes you wait a bit, tanks are the real shortage in the game.
I hate those times when it's not instant and I have to wait 20-30 seconds. What the gently caress, game?! (cp160+, dont know what it's like before)

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Is there someone I can contact in game for an invite? I put my account name in the thread three days ago, and I feel like I'm missing people who check the thread. My account name is @tonemanc
Was! Rarely happens, logging in for a quicky.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Orsinium is a great expansion :colbert: Both the story and the area is much more interesting than the main game, and there's tons of different poo poo to do.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
:colbert:

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Anyone else notice a significant loss in performance lately? My (super lovely (you might call it the proper morrowind experience)) laptop did just fine for months, until a few weeks ago or so, even betaing morrowind with no worries, but now I can barely run a yard without murdering myself due to 1 fps.

e: stuck in Caveblazers hell. Please send help.

valuum fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 1, 2017

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The Locator posted:

I've had a few momentary lag-out issues when approaching crowded places like a wayshrine outside of a busy city, but other than that, nope, been fine.

They definitely did something to worsen performance. Tried again now and it's simply impossible to play. Getting my gaming drugs now through caveblazers though (game of the year, drat!), so I'll be fine until I bother fixing my gaming rig in a few weeks.

Berke Negri posted:

All normals (With maybe two or three exceptions) are easily doable with any decent dps at the helm. As DPS I've dragged goon and PUG groups of all kind of questionable <snip> Just godawful groups <snip> mad <snip> carried the worst of the worst.

Arg I miss this. I need more drunken antioptimal random vetdungs for you to tank with the semitank. Good times.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

The Locator posted:

Looked at Caveblazers... I just can't get into that old Atari graphics crap from my youth any more.
I probably wouldnt have bothered either, if I hadnt lost the supply of my main drug. Now it's all about caveblazers, unexplorerd and borderlandstales. All Hail the Mighty thisgamewillplayonanything specs! I'm terrible at Caveblazers, but I cant stop playing it. The gameplay is just too... shpitzy?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Berke Negri posted:

"valuum maybe next time don't pull the other boss while we're fighting the boss"

*Halfway through next boss fight*

"god DAMMIT valuum did you just pull all the bosses"

Awww, the best of times! :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Aramek posted:

With the huge changes to regen in Morrowind, it's good to be able to swap to zappy to heavy attack once in a while to get mana back.

How did that work out? Is mana a pain in the rear end now, or is it just a gear change issue? I really should get back to the game and all the new content, seems neat!