Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

devtesla posted:

I want this show to run forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This is the best anime. :kimchi:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

devtesla posted:

They'll do Worlds in season 2 and the Olympics in season 3.

God I hope so. :allears:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

So, rewatching episode 6, the banquet from the previous year gets mentioned in the background of the dub when Prichit, Guang Hong Ji, and Leo de la Iglesia are taking pictures of Viktor, Chris, and Yuri. Not sure if that really needed to be spoiled but just in case.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Adel posted:

If Viktor skates Yuuri's FP, which represents his career as a skater, I will lose my poo poo in the best possible way.

Yuuri copied Viktor's program to lure him in, Viktor should repay the favor to seal the deal.

I didn't know I wanted this.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Maera Sior posted:

We have the announcers and the previous routines. We know the quads they can do and what's required for the program. Even if Yurio got +3 on all his GOE, he still wouldn't have enough points with TES capped at 50. Likewise, JJ only performed two of his components, and even if they had been +3 he still wouldn't have enough.

Someone suggested that Yurio's arms over his head added substantially to the point value of his jumps. I could buy that as a change to the system. As to how JJ got that many points when he shouldn't have received any for his singles, clearly something is different.

Is that not standard in real-world skating? The announcer definitely mentioned that the arm above the head added difficulty to the jump during Yurio's routine, so that would be my conclusion but I wasn't sure if that was a real thing or not.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Shall We Skate???

Yes, yes we shall :allears:

The entire soundtrack is tops though and I'm glad the theme we hear the most (Yuri on ICE) is *really* good. Though it makes me wonder what the original composition was since he didn't use it in the last competition because it wasn't good enough. Clearly his friend is talented enough to compose fire, so what did it sound like? The only theme I'm not too in love with is Anastasis (sp?).

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The_Doctor posted:

Your new wallpaper:

Why aren't best pals Yurio and Otabek next to each other?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

The best thing about YOI is that it got me back into watching figure skating. I missed it.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Ytlaya posted:

I was surprised to find out that the same guy wrote most of the Yuri!! On ICE tracks, since a lot of them have completely different styles (aside from the questionable English lyrics). And it looks like this might be the first time he's been involved with anime?

I think it's a few people, not just one.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Maera Sior posted:

New video of someone doing Eros. Usually I don't bother with these videos, but seriously, watch this one. His name is Patton Chen and he's a former competitive skater, now an instructor, and for my money I think he channels better eros in the piece than Miyamoto.

(I may be pregnant.)

Also pregnant

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Maera Sior posted:

In case people are still interested in skating, the US Nationals are this weekend. For people without specialty channels, NBC is scheduled to air the FS programs on Saturday and Sunday. If you want to try watching tonight, the men's SP is currently in progress.

Edit: Here's a good post on choreography and step sequences. There are a bunch of links, but I also need to add one more for Plushenko doing a breathtaking step sequence.

Second edit: Nathan Chen just hit 106 in the SP. New record in the US Nationals.

Chen was crazy! Isn't it the second highest SP behind Hanyu or am I making that up?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Maera Sior posted:

You should be checking out https://twitter.com/JohnWilsonBlade while you're watching. Ashley Wagner is guest-tweeting and she's amazing.

This is a pro click.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Gibbering posted:

Good lord, how do you do that with a fracture. I mean, I've busted my ribs and my tailbone and imagining that in my leg while trying to be athletic seems impossible.

Not only do it but it do it beautifully. Brown's program was gorgeous.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I feel like we need a skating megathread. I don't think I'd do an OP justice though.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Chedranian Girl posted:

I would LOVE somewhere to follow Actual Skating, if someone did a thread or similar. I have no idea where to start to find these skates, I'm in the UK and don't know how to watch them live or recorded. Any help would be very appreciated!

This blog usually tells you how to watch most competitions along with having a TON of other cool stuff about skating.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Only song I don't have in my playlist is Anastasis.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I've never wanted figures before but I'm really considering grabbing Yuri and Viktor.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I need a season 2 yesterday.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I like the accents in the dub. No idea if they did something similar in Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Pastrymancy posted:

Shall we skate or nothing

• Locked thread