Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I haven't been this excited about a goon project since Spombies (Space Zombies)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Arrrthritis posted:

Why did you guys decide to set this game during the French Revolution, anyways?

To guillotine a shitload of people, of course!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Other Barry posted:

Make a cameo by thomas jefferson as a black rapper, the kids love that

Call him Jhomas Tefferson just in case his estate gets salty, though.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Nah he's just off taking the time to properly implement guillotines.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cowman posted:

I can gently caress guillotines in this game? What would the children look like?

Smaller guillotines, what the gently caress do you think they'd look like? :confused:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

hyperdevbox posted:

for(int i=0;i<10000;i++)
{
char *Our_Advise ="Don't hold your breath for it";
}

I'm just saying that if I can guillotine this chick, my backer level will go from $250-ish to at least 30k.

Will you include customized guillotines as a backer reward?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

hyperdevbox posted:

There will be no guillotines in the game, because chopping off people's heads is pretty gory, and we don't really want that in Thermidor.

But shooting people with futuristic rifles isn't?!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

:eyepop:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Justin Credible posted:

At least the mods can't be put on ignore. Be the voice of the downtrodden, the unheard, the wretched masses of gamers yearning to breathe the free air of 18th.. or 19th, if we are going by the rifle, century France.

Surely you mean the huddled masses yearning to behead free?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Omnicarus posted:

Having a little issue and looking for help.I got the game today and tried to install it. I put in Disc 1 and the install screen appears, but the install screen shows no progress. All it says is "estimated 2 minutes left" and those 2 minutes are endless. The version I have is the boxed version with the bonus content on the disk. My girlfriend tried to install the game on her computer and it worked perfectly - the launcher immediately started installing the game. Biggest difference between systems is that I use Windows 10 and she uses Windows 7. The disk drive itself is external and worked for her computer, so I don't think it is the drive.

I've tried to install the game more than 50 times now. At first I waited one hour because I thought it might just need some time to think, but no luck.I have 57GB of SSD space left, and my computer itself is a Microsoft Surface Pro 2. Has anyone else had this issue or know of a fix?

I didn't have any trouble with my copy, but I've got the 5¼-inch floppy version. :shrug:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

hyperdevbox posted:

Who changed the name of this post?
How is that possible? And, how do I change it back?

oh my god

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

It's a pretty serious accusation here on SA to accuse that the forum rules have been broken. Which rule do you think was broken and what should the moderation team do about it?

Even moreso when he doesn't point to a culprit. Whatever you think the Mo-Mos should do, they have to have someone to do it to.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't actually remember the original title. Hyperdevbox, PM me.

It was Lobster Thermidor JRPG - Café Atelier

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Palpek posted:

As most likely the only person on the team able to read code you could probably sneak in some guillotines into the game that could be enabled with a highly controversial console command.

The code should be to type in 'Hot Coffee' (Coffee being a euphemism for execution via guillotine in revolutionary-era France)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Anime is already a French word. OP didn't know that since he doesn't know anything about France.

Come the gently caress on dude, if you're going to be nitpicky, at least bother to spell the word right.

It's animé. :rolleyes:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Space Bat posted:

You will pay for this

Ugh, putting the content people are most excited about in DLCs is just low. I'm out. Preorder cancelled guillotined.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

Well it's this sort of attitude which has doomed many a goon project. Not even giving them a chance to finish, smh. You're condemning Thermidor JRPG to be the next Zyborne Clock when it could be the next Groverhaus.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

DoctorGonzo posted:

This games lacks big boobed girls.

Also i find very troubling the modification of the title. What is this, reddit?

I hope hyperdevbox man is treated with the respect he/she and his-her company deserve.

What if you could build a guillotine that cut off big boobies :fap:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

What about... hiratines?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Gobblecoque posted:

The game takes place entirely in one tavern and you learn about the revolution from various soldiers coming and going, like an 18th century version of Cheers.

I'm down with this, French Revolutionary RecetteLeandrear: An Adventurer's Tavern's Tale is a good idea.

However I am concerned about how we'll get to see executions by means of guillotines if we are not able to leave the tavern. Unless the execution platform is just outside, of course.

See, this is what I love about these forums, even the Mo-mos are super friendly and supportive :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The White Dragon posted:

SwarTHiness

Anal Width and ciRcumference

They're using the F.A.T.A.L. system but are squeamish about guillotines? :wtf:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

It's really sad to think one of the Mo-Mos could be responsible for this. I hope it proves to be the work of those rascals at 4chan again.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Aardark posted:

Rascals? Mo-Mos? Excuse me, are you autistic?

Incurably.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

The Crusher posted:

The point I'm trying to make is: Let me see Leandre's end game skills, alternate outfits, reactionary emotes to embarrassing in-game events. Also why did you decide to go with a non-cel shaded look for your 3D models that have a wildly different art style from their anime rendition? And honestly how hard would it be to make a simple 3D model of a guillotine that would be examinable for Leandre to be all "Wow, this thing looks like it could do something awful to someone's neck!" giving a well-deserved nudge to the Something Awful pioneers of your game's birth and a nice tip-of-the-cap to the Mo-Mo's for stickying your thread?

Whoa what the gently caress? I thought you'd be able to choose whether to be a revolutionary or a reactionary, now you're telling me you have to be reactionary?

Bullshit. Preorder cancelled.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Okay here's your first problem: I started watching your little video about the game and ended up skipping around it for a minute, laughing at the 'cutscene' thing of a bunch of characters appearing very briefly (It literally looks like a game released on the PS1 in 1997 or so, like we're talking Suikoden without any of that game's charm), and then closing it.

Realtalk; I don't give a gently caress. And that's bad. Because I'm the kind of shitbird you should be able to expect to be very interested. I love games from the era you're trying to emulate, I'm into Revolutionary France as an era, I like SRPGs. I'm the platonic loving ideal of your target audience. And you have nothing here that sells me on this game. You have nothing here that says "Wow this game mite b cool, I'll see if I can spare $30 (lol) to back it, it could pan out into something I really enjoy.". Your intro video is not the time to talk about minutiae like taking eight damage or the ruffles on the heroine's dress or whatever the poo poo. That stuff should be in your crowdfunding campaign, but it's for down the line when you're working on the game in earnest and want to maintain interest and buzz among your backer community. Right now you need to be able to put out a short, snappy video that operates on the principle of "show don't tell", and if you can't do that then you're not ready to launch your crowdfunding campaign.

You've raised $717 bucks in a day, from a measly 19 people. And you've been sitting at that for hours. That's so pathetic that you should really pull the campaign down right this instant and take the time to implement a new one. Yes, you're at a disadvantage because you're not a big name studio. Obsidian raised their $1.1 million objective in under 24 hours for Pillars of Eternity, and that's a loving insane amount of money. But people know who Obsidian and Josh Sawyer are; we trust them to know how to make a modern isometric RPG like Baldur's Gate, and a whole lot of fans of New Vegas were willing to pitch in as well. Yooka-Laylee raised £175k (Not far short of your $240k objective) in thirty-eight minutes. Shenmue III hit $2mil in eight god drat hours. And you need to comprehend that you do not have this luxury. Nobody knows you from Adam. We don't have fond memories of your PS1 releases in the 90s. We don't remember your names scrolling by on a Credits roll after finishing something we still emulate today. On the other hand a lot of us have in fact been hungry for good SRPGs because it's been a long drat time since games like Front Mission 3 or Vandal Hearts, and you're still failing to excite or interest any of us.

Figure out your elevator pitch - SRPG set in Revolutionary France, okay, cool, I'm actually down with that in principle - and then figure out how to turn that pitch into an enticing video. What's going to make people share this on FB or link to it in their Discord channels or whatever? Yelling about how we don't understand ~your vision~ doesn't matter a drat bit. Your studio could be the medium's loving Rembrandt but if you can't get us on board without having to clarify and argue on this dead gay forum, let alone anywhere else online, then you've already failed.

e; Also you need to redesign some of your characters. Armandine is fine, but Leandre makes me want to punch him right in the mouth until he needs wooden teeth, and Leonce the Ponce genuinely looks like he eats poo poo.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Dec 24, 2016

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

avoraciopoctules posted:

Hot drat, the crowdfunding's started already. Quick everyone, post fanart! Thermidor needs our help if it's gonna be the next Mighty No. 9!

I'll start with the best character.

Let's not get our hopes up too high. Thermidor will be good, but it's unlikely to be "bricks your console" good.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Schurik posted:

I'm starting to feel kinda bad because it seems these guys genuinely believed that anyone would care. At this point any money that comes their was must feel like a pity gently caress.

In fairness to pity fucks, a pity gently caress is still a gently caress.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Does anyone know how to find a secret gay minotaur maze near me? I'd like to earn a little extra money so I can back upcoming JRPG set in Revolutionary France, Thermidor.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I'm very happy that Thermidor JRPG has managed to gain another three backers and the accompanying 0.0354% progress towards their goal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Come on highperdevbox, where's the updates? Where's the posts? Where's the ongoing efforts to answer questions and engage people? This lack of communication isn't how to get your game over the hump and collect the remaining $239,198 you need!

• Locked thread