Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Jose Mengelez posted:

This is amazing work. As a student of history I can say that I've played hundreds of games like this, and have shown little to no emotion. the games were just windows to a past I've never lived in people who I never knew or would ever know. But this game made me stop and evaluate. Putting kawaii bishies in made me actually look at what was is really happening. Putting something that everyone is familiar with in a situation that no one knows, and to make people feel these emotions well, that takes amazing talent. Thank you.

With the passion these screenshots are inspiring I look forward to the kickstarter/crowdfunding for this game even though my family lost its title during the French Revolution. :(

Anticheese posted:

I wrote a little generator that creates an anime guillotine from your username, and splits it into little 'genes' that can be 'bred' to create a baby guillotine with traits from both parents.

It turned out to be way less funny than I thought it'd be on the way to work this morning, but at least I got to have fun with Python. :shrug:

Hypothetically, how strong would the "moe" trait be with my user name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Is a savate based build viable?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gimbal lock posted:

It's cool, the art that OP posted showed that it certainly will.

Ma petite soeur ne peut pas être si mignonne!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmdP1qTjGZY

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Justin Credible posted:

Well that's good to know, I was getting worried there for a minute. I almost canceled my backing!

I couldn't cancel my backing even if I wanted to, according to their website they haven't started any crowdfunding yet. :sigh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Just how much of a spiritual successor is this to the Tales of Game's magnum opus, Chef Boyardee’s Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden, Chapter 1 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hyperdevbox posted:

Who changed the name of this post?
How is that possible? And, how do I change it back?

Don't worry about, it's all part of the experience.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

hyperdevbox posted:

We sincerely hope it can be fixed and the thread can be set back to the original title ASAP because it is not a glitch which did impersonate us and changed the title to something different. Not a random title thought, but something to please the paid posting crowd. OP has no way to edit themselves titles, or maybe there is a new 10$ option somewhere to do that, hard to tell. We understand that to keep a forum full of paid members it does requires to keep them entertained to some extend but for now, we will refrain posting anything until we can be sure that forum rules are enforced and respected, thread titles and post are not "manipulated" in a way to convey a total different message than the one posted originally.

The forums are a very welcoming and friendly place, just not in a manner that normal people comprehend or enjoy.

Also,

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

avoraciopoctules posted:

The only other game set in France I've played was Jeanne d'Arc on PSP. King Henry had a flying castle that shot lasers, a major subplot involved racism against beastmen, and Joan could chain-kill like a dozen dudes per turn after she finished transforming into magical girl form. Like Thermidor, it was an isometric tactical jrpg, and I didn't see any guillotines. I think spear fighters were my favorite unit because one of their special attacks could hit big enemies multiple times. Dragons took up nine squares, but seven hits was usually enough for a transformed hero unit to finish them off.

Would you recommend Thermidor to a fan of Jeanne d'Arc, hyperdevbox?

The bulldog guy started out with the lowest stats of all the beastmen but he had the best growth and if you gave him regeneration and a chain kill skill he could solo maps in the endgame. Sadly on my first run I gave a bunch of permanent stat boosting items to someone who got burned at the stake as a witch. :(

While not a dev or related to this game at all, I'm gonna recommend this game to Jeanne d'Arc fans, because they promise a similar guillotine free France based JRPG experience.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

avoraciopoctules posted:

Wait... when the frog monster inherited her magical girl powers, it didn't get the stat boosts? That's pretty sad, I thought the numbers carried over exactly.

Here's some videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBLcJf5ulQo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2qc09Kf5w

I didn't check so maybe it did 100% transfer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Schurik posted:

So after getting my hands on the most recent pre-alpha release (0.72d I believe?) I can say to everyone who is hoping for guillotines will SPOILERS-> not be disappointed ;-) <-SPOILERS

Also, I'd appreciate a heads up on when the NDA is going to be lifted, so I don't have to resort to vague allusions when talking to my gamer friends about Thermidor.

They need to fix the frame rate, but the guillotine assembly minigame is amazing allowing for on the fly decapitation customization.

http://i.imgur.com/QbiA57J.mp4

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Where's the screenshots? Very enthused to see a HTJRPG (historical tactical Japanese role playing game) coming out, but I need to know more about how it'll feel to play before I can make a commitment to back. Mo-mos, if they don't come back soon please prod hyperdev for this information.

Pff, all style and no substance, it probably couldn't cut off anyone's actual head. I guess I'm more of a utilitarian kind of guy.

I'm wondering what kind of buffs/benefits the guillotine pet subsystem gives.

Space Bat posted:

That's actually a very poorly recorded animated file from Final Fantasy 15. Do NOT trust this poster.

Please, that game is vaporware and if it ever does come out it'll be a substandard duke nukem forever ripoff. :rolleyes:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Node posted:

If the OP doesn't post soon I think we need to ban him and erase any traces of this thread, and Thermidor JRPG.

:france:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kashuno posted:

Hi I just started playing Final Fantasy 15 is this game going to be better??

Yes, it will have vastly superior mechanics.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mister Adequate posted:

What if you could build a guillotine that cut off big boobies :fap:

Take this your filth to the FF XV thread where it belongs you sicko!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Sdoots posted:

the gently caress is a thermidor anyways

Is that like a really big sword?

There's no swords in this game, only spears and Savate.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Is this thread still filled with annoying retards harassing earnest game developers?

It's been two months and they haven't even given us a date for the crowdfunding. :sigh:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I heard that this game will be partially crowdfunded and the rest of the development costs will be provided with unobtrusive product placement, confirm/deny?

http://i.imgur.com/L30L0mt.mp4

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I was actually looking forward to this game's crowdfunding campaign because I liked the idea of revolutionary France JRPG, but this first showing is not inspiring any confidence. I'd need to see a lot more gameplay footage before I'd consider paying into this.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

DoctorGonzo posted:

$717 USD recaudado por 19 patrocinadores
0% de $240,000

Well if they managed to make 10 what they made the first day every day for the rest of the campaign, they'd still fall short, assumming it's a 30 day campaign, neato!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Crusher posted:

I remember a guy recommending Agarest Wars to me when I mentioned liking RPGs. I took the time to look it up and after a few almost literal juicy screenies of that game's potential love interests popped up I stopped talking to that guy and never really looked further into it.

Whelp, I googled it, seems like you made a rational and well informed decision.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

pog boyfriend posted:

are you suggesting we just put the meats on the ground like a loving ape?

E: look at me! my name is "kelp me" and i think i am better than the great sultan of tuptaluk! i like to suck up prosciutto off the floor with an extra wide straw because i am just too cultured for refrigerators! :fuckoff:

I keep my salami in the fridge so my dog doesn't get it, the great sultan of Tuptaluk has the right idea here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Some jackass is trying to set up another Thermidor thread to distract people from the crowdfunding campaign! https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804254 Apparently we're too sassy for the OP.

• Locked thread