Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Has this not been spoiled anywhere yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What happened in the last 10 seconds? The DVr cut out?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

fullroundaction posted:

So next half season is the 3 communities skirmishing with the Saviors until the finale when something significant might happen.

4 if you include the all women group.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Cactus posted:

I just hope this show and thread get as funny as the Dexter ones did.

Everytime someone mentions that show I get irrationally angry

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Season 2 of this show was a long drawn out season that took place in a farm with a bunch of lovely characters. It hasn’t been good for five years, but now I’m just waiting for Rick to take his death and resurface as a lumberjack or fall in love with his sister that doesn’t exist yet. It is now Dexter bad

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s not like these communities are far from each other. How the hell did no one notice a helicopter in the distance?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
It’s pretty sad that this supposedly amazing show on a premier network can’t hold a candle to Legends of Tomorrow on the worst rated network channel.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So next season is just going to be building up to a showdown between friends over some stupid decision Rick made?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
So if Negan found you and you couldn’t whistle, did he just kill you?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

CODChimera posted:

This whole thing is imploding into a Dexter situation.

Dexter is a worse situation. That show had 5 decent seasons (I’m counting 3/5 as half good) and then went to absolute poo poo .

The walking dead was basically “hey look a cool concept”

SOPHIAAAA

6 more seasons of repetitive bullshit

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m surprised nobody got dysentery and died crossing that horrible mud river.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
All I could think about during that wagon scene was that the show writer is really mad that Oregon Trial was never a tv show.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The show needs to end this way: A UN Army arrives, revealing that the entire world was able to work together to stop the spread of zombies and that everyone was living in an unprecedented period of peace.

They waited this long to come to North America because everywhere they looked, all they saw was small communities murdering each other for supplies instead of uniting.

And now these communities are the last ones left in the continent.

:MOAB drop:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

World War Z has a section about this. Lots of little Ricktatorship style kingdoms, many of which that really recovered and got on their feet.

Then the US government shows up and is like "Thanks for everything but we're in charge now." If they resisted, well, the army still had tanks..

I've long said the perfect way to end the show (meaning AMC will never, ever do it) is Judith getting bit, but not getting infected; revealing that children born of already infected parents were essentially immune to the disease.

I'd be the perfect time to have someone survive a zombie bite and give a resolution of 'The next generation might be OK, and that the zombies end with them' sort of thing. It'd also make this long, long, long running plot thread of Judith have a point and give it actual weight for the ending.

AMC will probably have walkers eat her this season

I remember. I’m a huge completionist when it comes to tv shows, but I’ve been hate watching since Sophia and the barn and trying to convince my wife to stop watching since Eugene showed up. She loves rick so when he dies, I think I might win.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

:lol: look at these stupid news publications trying to figure out what's wrong with TWD and why it's in freefall

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/28/the-walking-deads-season-9-ratings-are-plummeting-we-think-we-know-why

The whole article should just read 'Scott Gimple' but they don't have the balls or brains to say the truth.

That’s a lot of words to say “all our characters suck.”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I don’t have the same episode description you guys have. The episode titles aren’t the same either.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
loving Judith

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Im actually...enjoying the show post time jump? Rick and Maggie were the problem for me I guess?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Not that the Passage is necessarily good or anything, but I like that they’re taking the vampire apocalypse slowly and showing the whole start instead of having it start and then everyone was dead like Fear did.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
How is Carol taking pills that still have any effect at all after that time?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Gortarius posted:

I have no clue what has happened for like 2 seasons. Worth hatewatching, or just forget it?

The show has been a lot more entertaining since Rick and Maggie left

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
All of us are Dead too. So good.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m watching with my son - his first time and the show is so much better when you don’t have to wait six months between episodes 8 and 9.

Except the farm season. gently caress that season.

And the Governor went on too long.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

remigious posted:

I finally finished this drat show. Overall I am satisfied with the ending. Carol and Daryl’s friendship was my favorite thing about this show and I cried when they parted. All of you guys saying they should have banged completely missed the point of their relationship. And I can’t believe people in this thread were clamoring for Carl to be immune to the virus, that would have been the dumbest poo poo plot twist ever. I’m not sure at all wtf is going on with Rick, but it was awesome seeing Michonne being a badass again

You know there’s a spin-off or three coming right?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

remigious posted:

I’ve heard rumors about spin-offs and movies and wasn’t sure what was actually happening. After a cursory google search it looks like the spin-offs are definitely happening. I’m not sure I will watch them though. I feel like I’m kind of done with these characters and I’ll take the small happy endings where we got them. The highs of this show were really high and the lows were downright torturous to get through… this show put me through the ringer lol.

I just started S11 with my kid. Not looking forward to season 2 of Fear TWD again, but this series was pretty solid on rewatch.

I’ll watch all the spin-offs.

If you like zombies check out “All of us are dead”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The Original series had its ups and its downs but ended on a good note. The last few seasons were good.

Fear had a lot of potential, but no one was watching by S4 when it started getting better with mostly a whole new cast. season 8 was pretty terrible though. Very anti climactic.

World Beyond’s only redeeming quality was the world building but they should have covered that more - because the CRM was mentioned elsewhere - in one of the other shows.

Negan takes NY was unneeded and kinda stupid, but JDM can carry anything decently.

Daryl’s show was too short and spent too long on what happened after he got to France and not how he got there. Glad Carol will be coming back for s2.

Rick and Michonnes show is good. It should have been the first spinoff, and I know I’m going to be pissed at the episode count. The first episode could have easily been six episodes.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The time jump in the first season ruined the show for me and while I finished the season, I didn’t start back up again until I saw season 4 had started airing and the cast was excellent.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
If you haven’t watched it - world beyond basically takes place right before this. Season 2 has Jadis as the big bad setting up the destruction of Portland while watching people at the research facility in Ithaca. It had good world building, just a bad cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My nitpick is that they're based in Philly - they're wiping out colonies on the West Coast because of large million zombie armies, but they're somehow not aware of the Commonwealth or some evil lady running New York with Negan, or whatever the hell it is they're doing in France?