Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong
So is the smart money that tdog is the one that dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
First episode will be a flash back that introduces a new character. That character gets dragged out at the end of the episode and is the one that gets killed.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Negan beating but not actually killing anyone would be incredible.

We are not that lucky.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Zebulon posted:

Kirkman's on record as saying that cutting off one of Rick's hands was pretty much the single stupidest thing he did in the comic because of how much if complicates doing pretty much anything with him. They're not going to hack his hand off in the TV show.

But with the special effects they have their disposal I wouldn't be so quick to say this. Look how real merle was.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Cactus posted:

There is no way that that is the dumbest thing Kirkland has put in his comics.

He made up for it with Lori in Season 2.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

veni veni veni posted:

Carol was an interesting character for about half of a season, years ago and she has been downright terrible before and ever since. I was so confused by her breakdown last season (admittedly I watched really half assedly) I thought it was supposed to be her trying to pull some bait and switch, and it was I guess but the character doesn't seem to be aware of that?

I really like what they tried to do with her since it was a nice break from the perpetual I'm strong-I'm actually wounded-This event broke me-I've recovered-goto step one cycle every character seems to have. At least with her it's a wolf in Sheeps clothing approach.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

vintagepurple posted:

Carol didn't work for me because one minute she's scared and wifey, the next she's murdering friendlies, then suddenly she's Rambo. Daryl or Rick I can tell where they got their skills, her not so much.

Twd is like a rogue like role playing game. Once a character is leveled up they basically become op, doesnt matter if you get the exp from killing zombies or baking and washing clothes. Daryl taking a tank out with a rock or whatever, carol taking down sanctuary, Morgon winning 5v1 with a stick. That's how you know Negan is going to lose, he's been farming all the exp for himself so yea he's tough but his followers are a bunch of lvl 1s.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Well they couldn't spring surprise on us, giving the audience the entire off season to prepare doesn't leave a lot of room for that holy-poo poo moment other character deaths have had, so the gore makes sense.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The best perspective is actually writing a letter to whoever poo poo bird dreamed up this show and letting him now that it's taken a turn for the disgusting and we're tired of it.

I demand to speak to your manager!

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Boner Zone posted:

and this whole episode should've been cut down and in last season's finale

This is the biggest problem. The shock value wasn't in the deaths we all had months to comes to term with. It would have been much better if Abe got brained and then with five minutes left Glen also got it in the series finale and the cliff hanger was Rick getting dragged off. I had more a wtf moment when Lori died and I loving hated Lori.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Vitamin P posted:

Honestly if this show even attempts the Necromancer plot from the most recent comic it will be Show of the Year for all years.

Season finale is Rick waking up in a hospital bed in Atlanta after being in a coma.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

AndyElusive posted:

They were in L.A. so I just assumed all cemeteries in L.A. are basically venues you can rent out like auditoriums or banquet halls for birthdays, graduations, high school dances, bar mitzvahs and poo poo like that.

The Hollywood cemetery is a popular venue for these types of events. Movies and concerts are held there all year, not normal but it's sort of a whole Hollywood tie in since I'm sure some celebs you've all heard of are buried there.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Dongattack posted:

Jokes on you AE, Negan is my favorite character :smuggo:

Undead Otis is still out there right?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong
Season 2 caught poo poo because there was no good way to double the number of shows without changing the budget, which is what amc did iirc. That and they wrote Lori into easily hatable characters without meaning to. There are ways to deal with post apocalyptic scenarios without having a bigger badder eviler villain; it's basically a western but instead of Indians you have zombies.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Cartouche posted:

Did he? I just remember saying that rick may or may not return with him.

I think he said that if he comes back without Rick to kill them all?

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

That was the high point of the Terminus story for me. It was so clinical and calm that it made the situation feel so much more upsetting, where this new episode is just cartoonish with a ton of dumb build up.

But no one cared about the nobodies who died there, they liked Glenn.

Glen and Abe weren't just killed, they were mutilated, on purpose. The violence visited on them is unparalleled in the show because death has always been violent but always for a point and to a point; Negan kept it up long after they were dead for no reason other than affect. It doesn't bother me, I just hope it doesn't become a feature of the show because I look it as a cheap shock value trick that only has importance because of its rarity.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

JazzFlight posted:

Bashing an ill pregnant woman's skull into mush would have been a little too much, even for The Walking Dead.

I dunno showing the fetus eat it's way out from the inside might beat that.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

LadyPictureShow posted:

Has this ever happened in a horror movie? People are always like 'lol baby eating its way out of the womb'. Newborns have no teeth, so good luck with that.

Oh yea, because the show is so on point with its adherence to physics with its muscleless and rogs less zombies.:downswords:

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Boner Zone posted:

I like how Glenn's death scene was taken pretty much verbatim from the comic except they gave Negan an extra line to add an extra 30 seconds or so of Glenn mumbling while his eye is hanging out to really drive the point home or something?

For all the dank memes we get now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Salad Prong

Marshmallow Blue posted:

How do Zombie babies eat their way out if babies don't have teeth?

How do zombies move if they have no lungs, functioning heart, or muscles? Is this the 'preposterous!' line were drawing?