Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yay, thanks for the new OP! :toot:

Meanwhile, I would really love the pull on Keeper's Select 2 for a guaranteed elemental boost armor.... but I have every single non-BSB item on the banner, and I know I'd just get duplicate SG's or Platinum Swords or something dumb like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I should probably get Luneth to 80. That +40% EXP record materia is hella tempting.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

SageAcrin posted:

Oh, yeah, I'm not saying it's perfect mitigation that trivializes the fight. I'm saying it helps. Pyroclasm's MT Power Breakdown+solid damage helped a lot for me, and I still got ganked over, and over, and over...

That fight's dumb and largely comes down to RNG in the end. I've got friends that have been playing since launch that didn't nail it first try, because they didn't have 4/5* MT nuclear weapons.

Especially given the stuff this fight rewards. I mean, Bio Grenade and the 4* lightning summon crew aren't theoretically bad, but who the heck prioritizes them...?

Playing long enough means you just accumulate skills like that naturally. Having a solid set of AoE skills is just something you wanna build up towards anyways, and most of them are 4* or 5* skills.

That said I only brought Ramuh, since I don't have 4* lightning summon yet. Actual heavy lifting was done by Meteor/Maduin/Flashing Blade.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Wilekat posted:

drat it you guys, you're making Keeper 2 seem like the smart choice but Cloud the pick that's so crazy it might just work.

The only 5* i have right now is the Blitz Sword it gave me as my starter relic, so I genuinely have nothing right now. If I go Keeper 2, which of the choices am I best going with, then? Red Armlet seems like a decent pick because it's generic?

Keeper 2 IS the smart choice. Platinum Sword and Sentinel Grimoire still remain as the biggest two jumps in power you can get. And rest of the relics are really good too.

For the selectable relics Red Armlet is good long term, but if you're really new, I think you'd benefit more from Scholar Hat, Gaia Gear or Esthar Bracers to have a party wide AoE heal. Bracers probably being the best, since they double as damage boosting armor when needed. But if you pull Vanille's Physician's Staff for an actual medica, then Red Armlet is a fine pick.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Dng it, I just wanna work on the ultimates, but the stupid first one has to be gated behind 60 stamina. Wish they'd just make em all 1 stamina.

I wanna do them now, not in two more hours. :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Boostaga, Faithaga? Pffft. The cool way to do ultimates now is to use strong BSB/OSB roaming warriors. :smug:

For the Midgar Zolom, I used this:

Hit Armor Breakdown, hit Full Break, hit for 199998 total damage in two turns. Cool. :black101:

Less impressive screens for Diamond Weapon:

With my gear Reno was hitting for about 4500x5 and Vincent for 5900x4 per Burst command, making short work of the boss. Meanwhile I had three medicas keeping everyone nice and healthy. Sort of easy, though I had to rely on my skill hones to finish the last 10% or so.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Oct 10, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I think there's a fair bit of RNG with Diamond Weapon. If he just spams magic at you, you're probably going to be fine, especially with fire resist items. But if you get stomped on repeatedly, you're in a world of pain.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KingReploid posted:

I gotta say that having Cloud's OSB on RW friends is making my Core dungeon crawl way easier to deal with.

Now I just need to pull a Boostga and Wall relic and I'll finally have a good team. I don't have enough myth for a plat sword pull right now and I'm kicking myself over it.

Don't worry about it too much. That banner is going to be around for a while. Also worth mentioning that usually you don't need both wall and Shout. Having one is enough, so you can RW the other.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Refia's Rising Sun for my 1/11. Sure, I'll take it. The character or soul break aren't all that exciting, but I needed FF3 synergy and that's what I got. :toot:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Considering using one or two mythril this weekend to restore stamina and blast through the sundaily in the hopes of being able to finish the Ultimate battles in the FF7 event before it goes away, but I'm curious - do you lose any stamina you have left when you refresh it, or does "overflow" and add whatever you had left on top of maxing it?

It overflows if you refresh with mythril or money.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NaanViolence posted:

How much of an upgrade are the four star spellblade skills over their three star cousins?

I know it's common advice to hone up the three star ones when you're new and orbs are scarce, but I have a lot more orbs than I used to and honing the fours is no longer a laughable proposition. Is there any reason not to do this?

You could make them, but I'd consider them a really low priority. The potency difference is very low (can't remember exactly how much, but think only about 25% weaker), and generally if you're hitting a weaknesses when under a boostaga, you're probably hitting for 8k+ anyways.

I do have each at r3, but I only bring them if I have several spellblades, or have to use one without a realm synergy weapon.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sprite141 posted:

Quick question, can the breakdowns affect diamond weapon when his core is closed? I really need to buff up aeris and caitsith from level 50, as well as equip fire resist gear, but apart from that I should be ok.

If that isn't good enough, then it looks like I'll be avoiding this cid missiom as well. But it appears that I can easily do enough damage to kill diamond weapon. Maybe I should start leveling dudes past 65...

Nah.

80 is the new 65. Get on with the times. :colbert:

As far as Breadowns, I'm not 100% sure, but I believe they miss like any other melee attack. Use dances instead, since the realm has Yuffie with 4* and Caith Sith with 5* dancer.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Sprite141 posted:

Yeah but I have lunatic howl, which if I'm rw'ing hope's bsb is my only source of hastega. I guess I'll just try and deal with only the full break dance. Once I get that fire resist, his absurd damage should be far more manageable.

Here's what I used on my run, also a Hope BSB strat:

Basically I ignored the need for a Hastega entirely, and had Cait Sith manually haste the three other characters that didn't get it from the burst.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

IcePhoenix posted:

To piggyback on this, I gave Vincent the +holy damage RM instead of blood of the summoner (do Hope's BSB commands even count as summon attacks?), had way less synergy, gave Cait Sith Curaga instead of Haste, and Yuffie a ninja magic instead of one of the dances (I had the magic reduction one), and I still mastered it.

No, that RM certainly does nothing of value. The reason for that RM, and the +Mag gear on Yuffie, is that they are leftovers from a failed Sheepsong based run I tried before that screenshot. I ended up failing a few times due to running out of hones, and swapped to the Hope BSB plan instead.

I just got lazy about my setup at that point. :v:

Attestant fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 13, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Yeah, I just didn't feel like I was missing anything by bringing Haste instead of a hastega. Burst already hastes the two damage dealers, and I could pretty casually just cycle Haste and Multi Break on Cait Sith the entire battle. :shrug:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Hurgh, I really want to pull on this banner for the soul breaks, but my FFIX synergy currently consists of:

6* ++ combined Dagger, that I could reforge.
5* Dagger (Orichalcum, SSB)
5* Sword (Defender)
5* Sword (Coral Sword)
5* Sword (Ultima Sword)
5* Sword (Ragnarok, SSB)
5* Spear (Bistro Fork)
5* Fists (Cat's Claws)
6* + combined Staff(Asura's Staff)
5* Staff (Ice Staff)
5* Rod (Wizard Rod, SSB)
5* Instrument (Golem's Flute)
and
5* Helmet (Barbut)
5* Bracers (Gauntlet)

Sorry about the humblebrag bullshit ( :jerkbag:), but I'm kinda torn on this. On the other hand, I am set for realm synergy for pretty much forever, and the soulbreaks are some of the best I have access to. But then this banner is so good when it comes to buffing my melee A-Team. And then there's the fact that FF9 is my favourite one in the entire series, and one of my favourite games period.

So help me out here, should I pull or not?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Cleretic posted:

Ugh, what's the best way to grind for a Record Materia that only drops in FFIV realms? I need to get Holy Blade out of the way before Pencil can get to his other, actually-good RMs.

Get a bunch of other characters that you want record materias for, and just run the first part of the lowest stamina cost FFIV dungeon over and over. Like, don't even bother going forwards to the boss battle, just keep autobattling that 2 stamina round over and over.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
RIP, orbs. I exhausted almost all non-elemental orbs for this:

Also honed this one more time, because I felt like it. I've been annoyed how my supports are always the first one to run out of hones in those long drawn out boss fights. Couple of extra rounds should help.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I could actually r4 it right away too, but obviously that is HUGE overkill. I can also r4 Saint Cross and that is very tempting, but I'd probably get more mileage out of a hypothetical second copy anyways.

I just wanted a bit less micromanagement with my Supports, and guaranteed 100% coverage with Breakdowns + Full Break

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I really wish people would stop complaining about the BSB's they pull.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Kawalimus posted:

Somehow I missed completely they had added Josef's, Leila's, etc MC2s to the Hall. Wonder how long they've been in there.

They got added with the MC3 batch.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
MC3 usage. Decided to just ignore the poo poo out of Luneth for now. While the EXP materia is tempting, I figured I'd rather focus on my A-Team first. Ramza and Bartz in particular just make it to every single team I make (that isn't for a CM), and Terra, Zidane, Vaan, Lightning and Ramza all see frequent play.

If we'd have more MC3 lodes I think I would be ok with the EXP doubler, but as is I'd rather keep on curve and keep improving my A-Team. EXP isn't that hard to come by, with sundailies, orbfests, and plentiful eggs.

(edit) Or bluh, maybe just grab the good offensive RM's instead. But the idea of levelling my SB-less Cloud to 99 is just so... bluh.

(editedit)

Sheesh, that was hell of a fight:

Took a couple of tries until I could get Meltigemini to not Meteor-Bio-Bio everyone to death instantly, but after that he melted vs. Alexander, Chain Firaga and Meltdown in a couple of turns. Somewhat noteworthy is that the only SB I used was Eiko's older medica+hastega. Everyone else just used hones and levels to do their work. Shared medica might just cut it, if you have access to similar skills and synergy gear.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 17, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Apparently in JP, on 20/10, people will get a Witch Staff and and a Pumpkin Hat. Possibly FF VI.

I think last time around they moved our items to match our event at the time (FF XIII), so maybe our items are FF II.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 18, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

KnoxZone posted:

So uh, Dena Global is being dissolved. I have no idea what this means for FFRK.

I'm not massively worried for FFRK, because of this segment:

"The West market will continue to be a market of focus for DeNA, but the company will shift the strategy for this region towards collaborations with external partners rather than doing game development in a local studio."

FFRK certainly isn't developed in the west, and it also falls squarely under something they're collaborating on with an external partner (Square-Enix.) So I'd assume things stay mostly the same for us, at least for the time being. Biggest questions are probably translations and support, since those would have to be at least partially local. Is SE going to do some of that, or would DeNA move it to their JP side?

But uh, I wouldn't really whale on the game in the slightest now, until we know what will this mean for the game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Servaetes posted:

So could someone explain what the implications are here for this whole global thing? I don't even wanna do dollar pulls if they're about to put the kibosh on the entire thing.

We have no clue yet, basically.

(edit) Though I am certainly putting all dollar pulls on ice now, until we know what is up.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 18, 2016

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Scob posted:

well thats a shame i liked the game pretty well but i dont think it will be here in 3 months. we will see i guess.

I dunno, I don't feel like it's that dire, just because this is also a Square-Enix game. Even if western DeNA is folding, SE might have interests in keeping the game alive and well in the west too.

I'm very "wait and see" on the matter.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grozz Nuy posted:

'Waiting to see' for like, a week until we get more definitive news on what will happen going forward is not going to completely ruin the game financially

But they wont get my 2 bucks!

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

widespread posted:

Oh yeah, uh... I did the 100 gem pull on the new banner and somehow got Kuja's glove.

When the gently caress was Kuja a white magic user.

5* wht, due to using Holy in the game.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I highly recommend reading boss descriptions, bringing Death resist for lich, and not wasting 50 stamina because of a freak 5-hit Death. :shepface:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Uncle Ulty posted:

I currently have the following 5* skills at rank 1, and I haven't decided which order to work on them, and how far to hone them:

Chain Blizzaga
Chain Firaga
Tornado Strike
Full Charge
Powerchain
Dark Zone

The only one that I can afford to hone right now is Tornado Strike, but I'm not sure if it fits cleanly into my setup. I'm also tapped out on Non-Elemental Orbs, so it will take quite a while to build up what's needed for the Chain spells.

My current A-Team is:

Tyro (SG)
Ramza (Shout)
Selphie (Dreamstage)
Some combination of: Lightning (Crushing Blow) / Agrias (Cleansing Strike) / Terra (M-Tek Missile) / Garnet (Dagger of Resolve BSB)

I also have BSBs for Squall and Balthier, but I need to level them up quite a bit to slot them into an Ultimate team.

What's my play here?

Are those your only 5* skills, or do you have Full Break at r2 already?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Uncle Ulty posted:

Ah yes, I forgot to note my existing 5* skills. I have Full Break, Saint Cross, Flare, and Meteor at R3, and Flashing Blade, Thief's Revenge, and Multi-Break at R2. My 4* skills are also totally covered, everything marginally useful is honed to R3 or 4. I'm just looking for next steps, since I don't have a clear path. I have a bunch of medica SBs, and a ton of physical SBs, but not much in the way of magic ones. So I don't know if I should lean on Tornado Strike and FC/PC to further the physical agenda, or go to the Chain -agas and Dark Zone to make up for my lack of magic damage.

My opinion: Your physical side with skills is pretty good. While I'd personally r3 Thief's Revenge, it's not a major priority. I'd maybe work on Dark Zone afterwards, since that and Memento Mori still slots in with otherwise physical shout parties perfectly fine.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

djfooboo posted:

So if I have a decent set of BSB/SSB's Curada is the clear choice between Curada and Meltdown, right?

Not really?

They don't occupy a similar niche at all, and it's hard to evaluate either in a vacuum of "I have some SSB's/BSB's". Curada is pretty strong, but wont be enough for solo heals unless you have something else to back it up (like a healing BSB). Meltdown is massive single target damage, but requires solid mages to use well, gets tons of benefit from fire, wind or earth boosting/imperiling effects, etc.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

NaanViolence posted:

You're comparing an apple to an orange. They're equally good, just for different purposes. Hone them both!

This was said earlier, but even JP hasn't had enough Black Crystals as rewards to hone r2 Meltdown. Only if you farmed a low 5% drop from a high end boss. :v:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Oh jesus gently caress.

So I accidentally somehow selected Leviathan pouch from the menu, when trying to do a 100-gem purchase. I submitted a refund request via email with full info to their support, but under the DeNA Global dissolution this couldn't have happened at a worse time. :ohdear:

Anyone else have experiences with a gently caress up like this with DeNA, are they generally willing to do refunds?

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Attestant posted:

Oh jesus gently caress.

So I accidentally somehow selected Leviathan pouch from the menu, when trying to do a 100-gem purchase. I submitted a refund request via email with full info to their support, but under the DeNA Global dissolution this couldn't have happened at a worse time. :ohdear:

Anyone else have experiences with a gently caress up like this with DeNA, are they generally willing to do refunds?

Self-quoting to update, looks like I got a very good and fast reply from the support. Gems are unused, so those will go away, and they'll contact me about refunding after that is done.

Whew.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Well poo poo, now DeNA tells me that while they took away the 9500 gems, they can't actually refund the money. Now I have to fight with Google support, and apparently I'll get a reply in 24-72 hours.

I just want my 100 bucks back, drat it. That was my Civ 6 money! :argh:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

That FFRK sub-reddit has a lot of useful info on events and dungeons and stuff, but holy smokes there are people on there spending insane amounts of money on this game. Like, multiple people spending $100+ chasing Firion's BSB. Some dude said he whaled twelve times on this one banner. I'm not even doing dollar pulls until I know this game isn't about to disappear in a cloud of smoke in a couple weeks. I can't even imagine spending almost $400.

$400 isn't even the worst I've seen from that subreddit. People have spent four digit numbers on this game, to get terrible relics from 2014.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Attestant posted:

Well poo poo, now DeNA tells me that while they took away the 9500 gems, they can't actually refund the money. Now I have to fight with Google support, and apparently I'll get a reply in 24-72 hours.

I just want my 100 bucks back, drat it. That was my Civ 6 money! :argh:

Ok. So now I got a message from Google, that they cannot refund this, and that I should contact the app developers instead.

So DeNA took away my gems because I wanted a refund, and told me to contact Google.

Google does nothing, and tells me to contact DeNA.

So now I'm $100 short AND the 9500 gems have been removed from my account to boot.

Welp, more emails to DeNA support then.

:smithicide:

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Servaetes posted:

Uh, you should fight that a little more than just taking that lying down dude, that's not an insignificant amount of money

Oh, don't worry, I'm still very much fighting this. DeNA asked me to contact them again if Google doesn't come through, which I did. So waiting to see what their response is now. If everything else fails, I'll consider issuing a chargeback, since now I'm out of the purchased "product" as well

PhysicsFrenzy posted:

Jesus christ. Is there an active number you can call?

Maybe the local Google offices? Dunno if DeNA global has a phone presence? There's a minor issue that I live in the nordic europe, so neither company is exactly local to me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
My refund fiasco continues. I contacted Google via email, and called the local offices yesterday. But both replied that they are unable to refund the $100, because messing up with the UI is 100% my fault. :(

DeNA support has offered to return to me the 9500 gems they initially removed from my account, and I might take that offer. At least I get to "whale" on some nicer banner in the near future?

This is hardly a financial disaster, but god drat am I still annoyed about this. This game better not die randomly soon. :bang:

• Locked thread