Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

we're supposed to post our first 5* hone right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've been playing this phone game casually on and off for a year now and have never thrown away an accessory and i have precisely one (1) fire resist accessory to my name so i don't know what you people are on about like they're just sitting in a pile unused in the corner

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've got about 3000 more realm dungeons to get through before the gysahl greens shop becomes a thing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've only recently hit the point where i can consistently clear the purple bits of the events and even then it's about a 50-50 coin flip whether i can cheese the final one with a RW or not.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I put 50 coins into the onion knight draw since I need ff3 stuff and came away with the gungnir, onion sword, white mage cloak, and the earth shield, which is amazing. should I walk away considering I have no 4 star motes to upgrade the onion knight and probably not enough eggs to get him to 99 or should I put in 50 more to try for his gloves. I have 223 mythril and I want to save for dumping an exorbitant amount on tg cid. thank you for your time.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also I kind of really want to root for the onion knight he's got 1300 hp at level 80 so far and I want that baby boy to grow up and kill them all

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Benthalus posted:

At least you have a Platinum Sword. I've spent over 700 mythril on banners that have it featured or part of a lucky draw, and still don't have one. Some things just aren't meant to be.

my one claim to fame in this thread is from 100 mythril spent on the banner where it first showed up i got 4 platinum swords, plus ovelia's staff and a defender sword for agrias.

fingers crossed that lightning will strike the same place twice with orlandeau's banner

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh boy, gogo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bilperkins2 posted:

Is there any benefit to doing the MP battles actually MP, besides reduced stamina cost? Sometimes I just can't be bothered to deal with online people and just solo it - I'm not having any problems difficulty-wise, so just checking that I'm not missing anything otherwise.

The way I see it doing the first 4 multiplayer levels as a hanger on is like 25 stamina for 4 mythril which seems a good ROI for me

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Varance posted:

JP News: Two big things are happening:

1) Effective 12/20 in the JP version, imperils will stack, plus you can have multiple elemental imperils active. Example: Zack + Zidane BSBs = double potency wind imperil, plus you could stack Squall's ice imperil on top of that.

2) Gogo is your next FF5 character, with his Mimic ability intact. Mimic is his default SB, and one of his BSB commands allows you to spam it. Reddit's got a full breakdown of how it will work.

Here's a video of Gogo in action. Watch him double those Meltdown and Valigarmanda hones: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cw6kFfAV7qA

nice

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if [edit: oops] you need the ability to survive over multiple turns, bursts are going to be better

if you need to do as much damage to a boss as you possibly can in a very short amount of time, overstrikes are going to be better

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Not really. Bursts often work out to around the same or less damage than an OSB, and over more turns that could have been used for other skills. The strength of a BSB is utility and extending bad hones.

i was lumping in "utility" and "few skill uses" under the "survive multiple turns" umbrella

edit: i said my stuff wrong

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

each of the banners which has one or two things i want also contain 2-3 duplicates i do not like this. please change them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Johnny Aztec posted:

I'd like to get Mech Menace Ultimate (and Zachs earring) before it expires tonight. What's a good team to take that thing down?

as with any lightning weak boss, take your two strongest black mages and RW up a dusk's decree. fill in the rest with healing/breakdowns/buffs to fit.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

Fair warning that he's scripted to use an AoE autohit Stop at two points: As his third action, and after he drops to 70% HP.

Maybe save the Dusk's Decree RWs until after those have popped.

obviously assuming everyone is as well off as I am would be unfair but even with the stops my magic users had enough mind that it wore off not super quickly, but quickly enough that he was cooked before the bursts wore off.

now, ramza and the keeper were out of commission for ages

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Combo posted:

I probably have orbs for all the chainga stuff but I may have shattered all of them :blush:

i'm bad at this game but at the very least you have to consider the chain spells as two casts of a 4* spell, so i think my measly rank 2 chain fire is doing as much work as a rank 4 fireja

it's misleading to me who's not super familiar with the nomenclature that they called them chain "ga" spells when they're two hits of the "ja" spells, but i don't know the numbers, are they really just two hits of the 3* spells?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Nihilarian posted:

for the most part, Chain spells are 11.8 power between 2 hits, so 5.9 each. Ja spells are 9, ga spells are 4.9. So a bit more than ga spells, but closer to them than ja spells. Assuming the information sheet I found is accurate, anyway.

in my day we had fire 1 through fire 3 (4 in tactics) and that was good enough for us dagnabbit

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

KataraniSword posted:

It's not a lucky draw. You can still get off-banner 1/11, to say nothing of dupes.

Granted, you can get that on any G5 pull, but one must remember to keep themselves realistic. Even with the best OSBfest banner, one can still strike out.

By which I mean I figure I am absolutely going to strike out. I will probably eat those words in three hours but I'd rather eat them now. :shepface:

i've got enough locked and loaded for a guaranteed 6 draws on orlandeau's banner, possibly bumping that up to 7 or even 8 depending on how many dungeons i can clear. i will state that on this day december 26th I will get neither of orlandeau's relics with all of those draws

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

got terra's tiara (and minwu's staff but that's pretty low on the list), so it could've been worse.

since i've got her burst and her normal super terra's just out and away my best mage at this point

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Bell_ posted:

A bunch of silver orbs, Platinum Sword and BLOOD SWORD. I've got to get that tiara, somehow.

trade you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

considering i'm whole hogging on orlandeau coming up this makes me a hypocrite but i think that if you consider every banner "burnt" after you do a 50 pull on it you'll get a lot more mileage out of your chips

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Leonyth posted:

So, I wasn't sure about this. But decided I could go for one draw.

It paid off way more than I expected.

wow that's basically a perfect draw right

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm not an expert but as someone who's had terra's burst break for a long time it's pretty crummy and should not be the pedestal you're aspiring to

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it must be a choice between the two which is better to hone curaja or curaise

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i guess more my question is i have two fully honed 3* curagas, and a weakly honed curaja doesn't bring much to the table, in that it fully heals but it runs out quicker. I was wondering if the raise part of curaise would make up for that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I dig it. Does curaise heal more than a curaga though?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Inge posted:

Don't be afraid to mince up your major orbs into greaters to make curaja, that and r2 protectga/shellga should be reasonably high on the priority list.

I've got both of those although i have been hard pressed to find the reason/orbs to hone them more than that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

went one for 11 on the banner

the one was agrias' burst, who i already have cleansing strike and hallowed bolt for, as well as beatrix's burst to team up with her

i'm ok with this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

this is the last banner i had to spend 50 mythril on. I got two 'veil of wyl' burst soul breaks and an "Deployment tactics"' for alphinaud, was that the jackpot? what was the big pull this banner

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

edit: yes i got two alphinaud books and his coaches in one 50 pull please do not stab me in an alley because i guess that draw is amazing?

double edit: ok maybe not super amazing?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey no one but onion knight and the keeper can use these books might as well throw them out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i mean i'm gloating over my windfall but at the same time i've got 7 draws in the chamber for TG Cid and the law of karma means literally all of them are going to turn up empty

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

So as a crazy person who's been stocking mythril since thanksgiving for orlandeau i'm in this until i get both his relics or i'm out of mythril! let's take a journey!

and done.

did a summon pull since i had leftovers!

edit oops missed a picture of a pull. it was empty but for another saintly excalibur. so yeah i got 2.

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jan 27, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

will boosting orlandeau's mind increase the duration of the thunder god mode or is it a fixed time or a fixed number of actions

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

way to go steve posted:

Well what else are you gonna do with em, use em as rosetta stones? Hard to imagine a scenario where I'd want multiples.

Or even one. The break seems nifty, but I don't know that it justifies a party slot.

the break hits all targets and correct me if i'm wrong stacks with multibreak/full break because it hits mind where they don't so it could be good for group bosses

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know that it's been brought up before but the verdict seemed unclear to me, is it better to osb->full charge wih TG Cid or osb->lifesiphon until another osb? or perhaps osb->full charge until you run out of hones, then lifesiphon until -> osb, in my case

i do like how if you use his second record materia on someone for clearing trash waves on auto it displays "god among men" in a big title before each attack

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

had a bizarre syzygy where i defeated the 200 difficulty multiplayer ultima weapon with one rando doing the damage, me picking up the breaks and healing, and another running wall and other mitigation and it all worked like clockwork. is that basically how multiplayer always works?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Pretty much, if you account for one rando always bringing Cloud and/or Lightning and barely contributing

there was the fourth guy with auron throwing out some soul break he has repeatedly but i think it wasn't the worst thing possible

edit: banishing blade, which looks like it's an attack/defense break which meant it was stacking with everything else, so yay! everyone was helping

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 28, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there a way to cheese the kaiser dragon if i don't care about mastery or is he uncheesable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wiegraf was pretty vicious though. multiple aoe stops during the fight and his starting cronies can throw out interrupts.

• Locked thread