Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I have a referral link but instead of posting it I'm going to give you the gift of everybody's favourite, sexiest companion in the game:

Edit:

Apparently Musco clarified some of the stuff reported from the NYCC Cantina:

quote:

• All 9 Chapters are being released with Eternal Throne’s launch.
  • What we said is that after KOTET’s launch, the team is refocusing on group content. Our hope is that as a part of the January Producer Letter or Livestream, we will have more specific updates on what is to come. This includes all types of group content, but was a specific answer to the question of Operations.
  • We will have a whole bunch of livestreams and blogs between now and launch to go into details on many facets of the expansion.
  • Dark vs Light is intended to end with KOTET Early Access on November 29th. However, I believe the Dark vs Light part of it to decide which Companion will be awarded, will end a week or so prior to that.
  • PvP / GSF – Refer to answer above about Operations // stream in January.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
One day we'll all finally understand the true significance of the Tracer Missile animation and we will all be better for it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

Consular chapter 3 makes up for its dumb plot by having lots of cool aliens that talk funny.

Voss is a chill planet and still my favourite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ws_APXilE

Goddamn Voss and their hosed up eyes.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Tell me it wasn't one of the expensive sets you found that out with.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
But who doesn't want a fine, wookie-pelt rug to compliment their lounge?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
There are all the other class companions they said would be brought back still, although not bringing back Quinn in a manner that lets warriors kill him off would be hilarious.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
What MMO does, really? As much as they might cry about it MMOs have long since stopped bothering to cater to the 'hardcore' raiders because it's not worth it to spend time and money on poo poo that a tiny minority of players will bother with until they get bored and move on/whine about. Much better financially and easier to pander to the 'casual' crowd who will drop the occasional :10bux: on vanity poo poo/gamble boxes, I would have thought.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The music in Star Wars has always been exceptional.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
But why stop at two, eh?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
The only reason he does the OP is so he can get his referral code in it.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Hey now, can't be said that I don't earn that right with my question answering. :D

Oh of course, somebody has to!

Adeptus posted:

How's the ping from EU to the Jedi Covenant server? Many people online at EU friendly times? I'm not looking to raid or anything like that, but it'd be nice to have a reasonably talkative guild chat to make it feel a bit less single-player.

I play on it from the UK and the ping is fine. Pop isn't great outside of US peak but it is at a quiet stage now between content releases so it'll pick up again when KotET releases.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Canemacar posted:

So am I gimping myself by using a cartel market lightsaber instead of one I get as a quest reward? I know you can stick mods into adaptive gear to beef it up, but it seems like every saber I find does way more damage than my Tempted Apprentice saber even after I've put mods on it.

You need to update the hilt mod to boost the damage range on it and increase the weapon rating, but the cartel/adaptive sabers when appropriately modded are no different to the non-modded variants of equal rating.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Can't link it since I'm at work, but they just announced -

Warzone comms and crystals being converted to credits with 5.0

Warzone grants becoming bind on pickup tomorrow

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9092876#edit9092876

quote:

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Everybody remember to always choose the LS options so we get the cool companion.

*kicks a puppy*

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

M_Sinistrari posted:

Early on Dark Side was ahead which was probably everyone knocking out the DS5 part of the Legendary level of the event, but after that Light Side's been steadily ahead. SWTOR forums were funny with those who kept choosing DS for all thier toons getting mad at the likelihood no matter how many DS choices they took, they'd still be getting the Chiss Jedi.

Who you clearly won't be able to dress up as a Sith and give red lightsabers to, just like I totally wasn't able to make Guss into a sith-wannabe.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

That'll be the biggest shame, she comes with two defiant vented lightsabers and I'm guessing completely unmoddable. :(

Just buy her two modifiable ones off of the exchange then!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can't blame the Brits and Brexit for this one.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

I said come in! posted:

I don't understand Hypercrates, why can't I just buy what I want individually? :/ I only want the pets and mounts.

Then buy the hypercrates, sell them on the GTN and buy the stuff you want from there with your millions.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

We'll have to dream up a fun contest. Perhaps something with pubbie shaming.

The best hatetells for running FPs badly.
The cheesiest propositions whilst sitting around a social hub dressed in your sexy outfits.
The worst dressed pub+comp screenshot.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm sure the millions you already have will console you sufficiently during this trying time.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

:siren: LET'S DO A CONTEST!!!! :siren:

In honor of Halloween, let's do a costume contest! Between now and say, next Sunday 11/6, post a picture of you in your best costume! It can be scary! It can be creepy! It can be sexy! Bonus points for environmental costumes!

We'll either judge them or do random drawings depending on the number of entries. First prize will be a Senya's Lightsaber Pike donated by Non-Entity, and there are a bunch of other nice things in the guild bank to give away.

I suppose I'll have to come up with something newer than my 'borg gimp' look as it has been previously described to me.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Our proud barbarian duo are out for a bout of trick or treating!

Skadge: Ohhh, yeah. Gonna like this.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Oct 29, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Ossipago posted:

Which legs are those?

The pants are ventilated triumvitate, the glowing boots and belt are potent champion and the fur loincloth is part of the skilled hunter chestpiece.

Also if people are really desperate for that pike I suggest you enter the Halloween costume contest as the last contest we had I won with only one other goon entrant and we both got weapon tunings out of it. What I'm saying is goons are loving lazy so even a lovely entry will stand you a good chance of getting the pike.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

...Aleth, you might lose this one. :)

I'm not fussed, was more doing a screenshot to encourage these slackers to do something this time and it appears to have worked!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
See? We've already got more entries than last time and there's still a week to go!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Is there anyone who will not be participating in the contest who would like to judge it with me?

If you need someone else I'll void my entry and judge. Not like I could use the pike on my jugger anyway.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well, Lana was at least involved in the whole Revan arc.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

EdEddnEddy posted:

Ok so I am a little lost. Slowly going up the DvL quest stuff but I am still not 50 and drat is finding time to play hard.

Firstly, Lana, Koth, Trooper has the Best Companion? What characters are you guys talking about? Outside of Kera are there other companions you get post vanilla that you guys are talking about mostly and I just haven't gotten that far yet?

Secondly, to get the complete XP armor for DvL I would have to get to CHAMPION level for the complete set. +40% would probably be Ok, but could I make it to CHAMPION on 1 (or do I need to do it on both) characters before the 29th if I only can get in like 6 hrs a drat week? It just looks like there are a crapload of chapters to play + a lot of flashpoints, I am still not done with the main Trooper quest yet (just got to Alderaan on the start of that next 2 part quest arc). Having fun, but stressing a little as I just want to get the perks that will make the QoL better post DvL in the longrun then focus on things like crafting and imagining having more than 100K in my characters pocket at any one time. I fail at MMO money making both here and EVE and hell, RL in a way. :(

Companions: for 'vanilla' you just have your base class companions. In the latest expansion, Knights of the Fallen Empire (KotFE), you gain a whole bunch of new, universal companions that everyone has access to regardless of class such as Lana and Koth.

For DvL you just need to hit the required rank on ONE character as the achievements are legacy based (i.e. shared across your characters on that server) - the armour set pieces are legacy bound so you can swap them from character to character as you like. If you want to unlock the DvL companion however you want to hit ETERNAL level, which requires you to hit 65 on both a DvL Republic AND Imperial character, as well as completing round 5 of the Eternal Championship which is a KotFE thing.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You can complete them in solo mode at whatever level they're available to you.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Oh, yeah. Some of the FPs actually do require a group as they don't have solo mode, but you just use the groupfinder queue as prefect said and just filter it for the ones you do need with you being bolstered accordingly (i.e. gear/level don't matter). The list of what's solo and what isn't is here.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

PvP gear and PvE gear is being merged. Expertise is removed.

All endgame gear (with set bonus) comes from Galactic Command boxes that you earn beginning at 70. You gain Galactic Command experience by doing a range of activities, PvP, operations, Heroics, dailies, etc.

No boxes for playing dress-up though, only rewards from that are for entering the Halloween costume contest that ends on Sunday!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

Also, to add to this, I spent some time organizing the vaults yesterday now that they are much emptier thanks to someone taking everything they could with three different toons (oooh and he robbed the pub side guild bank as well). There are enough items in the Oedzi Memorial tab that we have prizes for pretty much anyone that participates. We'll do first place gets first choice of item (likely Senya pike) and second second choice, and so on and so forth. :) So everyone, put at least a half rear end costume together and post it!

Edit - Well Hulk Smash!, I'm still getting a fair amount for dumping my crystals into companion gifts.

The only thing I ever check in the guild bank is conquest encryptions when I'm turning those in - did we actually have anything of value in any of the public tabs or was it just trash like most goon banks fill with?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That 'android' would be SCORPIO, one of the original Agent companions.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Someone should probably collate all the current entries into one handy post but :effort:.

Edit: gently caress it, in order of posting:

Aleth

Sombrerotron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNpSuHcM0A8

M_Sinistrari

Bilirubin

MadDogMike

Chickenwalker (should probably do a screenshot)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

dreffen

EdEddnEddy

Dalris Othaine

rantmo

I'm assuming any character shots posted are for the contest, let me know if I've missed anyone or you don't want it up there.

Aleth fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 5, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Well technically the contest is to 'post a picture of you in your best costume' so a screenshot is what you want, but that's up to Medullah and the other judges to worry about. Either the way the more entries the merrier, already better than the two total entries we had last time!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
It's going to be a sad day when he inevitably turns on us and we have to eat him or whatever.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Chickenwalker posted:

Here are the screens:

Reposting the video as well so it's all in one place: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA9t769UoM

Added to the sperg post, along with Dalris bumming around on his throne.

Not sure exactly when on Sunday Medullah will end the contest but as it's currently Saturday there's still time for more entries!

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

sassassin posted:

I want a pike.

If only there was a Halloween costume contest with the first prize being a pike being run right now.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Straight purchase from the market, I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Because the plot demanded it. She still voices her concern about the emperor at every other opportunity.

• Locked thread