Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah but his statement on Kaep was bad

Did you mean the actual statement? Or the misleading quote from the garbage article Marcus Hayes wrote like a week later.

EDIT: Not that the actual statement was perfect, but its way less awful than what ended up getting quoted.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Sep 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

TheChirurgeon posted:

They are one missed 61-yard field goal away from 2 losses

Nah, a 3-1-1 record with a press conference where he doesn't know football games can end in ties.

Or 2 losses where Doug makes am avoidable error involving OT rules.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It ends with an end of season collapse to end up 7-9

Every true Eagles fan is expecting this.

Yup. Things are looking up in Philly sports, so we're expecting a collective shove back into the ground. Maybe at the bye Doug pulls his mask off and we find it's actually Jeff Fisher and we lose the rest of our games to finish out at 7-9.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Toaster Beef posted:

I loved Reid and McNabb, and never understood the vitriol. I get being frustrated with a team that's good-to-great while never quite being good-to-great enough, but what's the alternative? Sitting at .500 year to year? Being poo poo for seasons at a time? I'd rather be in contention almost every year and never quite make it than writing off entire seasons six weeks in.

That said, I think Reid overstayed by a couple of years. Dude was very clearly over this gig, and it showed in a bunch of ways. I feel like the number of folks willing to talk poo poo on the Reid era is gonna get smaller and smaller, especially after Chip Kelly's Wild Ride.

Blame the professional complainers like Cataldi and the rest of the garbage on WIP (and 97.5? I don't remember if they were sports or still rock at that time). Nearly 100% of bad takes I heard were attributed to them around that time.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Yes, Virginia, I do believe in Saint Nick leading us to a 1 and done in the playoffs.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Kinda sad when I woke up this morning and read the thread and the final deal ended up being a 3rd and a player instead of a 2nd. And not even for some inter-divisional rivalry bullshit.

Smith would have been the second age 33 (34 during the season) quarterback on an Andy Reid team that was traded to Washington for a 2nd round pick. It would have been perfect.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Looks like the rain is gonna finish right in time, after cleaning away all the grease.

Win or lose, even if the biblical plagues all rolled through tonight, wouldn't stop those poles from being climbed.

I spent the last 2 weeks going "oh well its been a good run", and in this last day my heart accepted hope. After years of training as an Eagles fan, I made the worst mistake.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Harlock posted:

I went to cottman and Frankford. Woo boy.

I hit up Five Points ( on the other end of Cottman) and Frankford and Cottman. Looking at the videos, it's still nothing compared to Broad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

NFC East: The answer to the NFL asking "What game goes in the prime time slot?"

• Locked thread