Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

axeil posted:

no eyebrows eagle needs to be a smilie. or avatar. jesus :stare:

You can pin down the exact moment Chip Kelly took over the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Something dumb will happen and both fanbases will walk away disappointed.

NFC: East, I choose you.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Playing what if here, but I'm trying to imagine the outrage if Zeke finds some bizarre way to appeal his 6 games in such a way that he sits this weekend against the Falcons (which is a foregone conclusion), yet appeals in time to play against Philly before sitting the rest out.

It's probably the least likely thing to happen, and I honestly don't think it'd change the outcome of that game, but it'd be really funny in that it'd be yet another entry into the "reasons to hate the Dallas Cowboys" history book.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah, but it'd still be really funny, is more my point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think the Eagles will beat the Cowboys 3-2 because NFCE clown ball rules but also I also support us just turning this into a GDT for that game alone. This is our division, our secret public club, let's go hog wild.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

89 posted:

The Eagles steam rolling the Cowboys and dropping 50 on them in their house after all of this bullshit would be the greatest.

No matter what happens, it’s gonna be “BUT WE DIDNT HAVE ZEKE :cry:

So, we won’t get credit either way.

gently caress the Cowboys.

Well here. I am a Cowboys fan and I am honestly unsure if Zeke would have made a difference anyway, win or lose. Feels like it's gonna be a game with a tone that's decided within the first two series.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Coolwhoami posted:

I just want the eagles to do well because they haven’t won a Super Bowl yet and all teams deserve at least one :(

The Browns would disagree.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Dak Prescott will take the field next week without an offensive line. Radical new strategy, but it just might work. Cameos will be made by the recently upgraded Sean Lee, who finally accepted his lot in life and became a cyborg. He will still miss 4 games due to ruined cyber-hamstrings.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I want to give credit to Kaep in that timeline, because a dude taking a knee took so many ridiculous twists and turns.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I really hate Jason Garrett and I wish he would just disappear.

Then again, I look across the league and see some of the other head coach options and it gives me a cold chill.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

blue squares posted:

I have a bold idea for the cowboys: fire Garrett and hire Bill Belichick

Reminds of the hundreds of drunk call ins to radio stations about "we need to get rid of Romo and get ourselves a Peyton Manning. Or a Tom Brady."

When the hosts would question where exactly we were supposed to find someone like that and how would we pay for them, the response would typically just be angry yelling.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hey now, he made sure he used all three of his timeouts and made sure his starting was out there for the entirety of that 4th quarter, getting sacked even more, while down more than 20 points.

Had Dak been injured, Garrett wouldn't have been fired. He would have had his soul yanked out of him by Jerruh.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Nice! posted:

And that's basically what I've told him already. It's more likely than not he put his hands on her at some point.

He's trying to say that Kaep quit his job and Zeke is the real oppressed black man.

imma beat up your dad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: Dak Prescott

The fans wanted to replace Romo. You did. Now you find yourself on the verge of becoming him.:shepface:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If the Cowboys are going to lose (they are), all I ask is that we get maximum clownball. You can't force NFCE clownball to happen, it just happens naturally, but I've never wanted it more than I do for this game. It's always worth it for non-NFCE posters bitching about all the prime time games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's nice having a game against the eagles that doesn't degenerate into stupid petty bullshit.

It was a competitive looking half of a game, at least. Good luck, Philly. Don't Philly it up down the road.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As a Cowboys fan I really can't stand most of the cowboys nation in DFW. I really try to be even keel most of the time about the team, and any success is so quickly overblown by the area.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Man I knew Dak wasn't as good as last year looked but holy poo poo did I not anticipate this.

Pretty much nobody except for Demarcus Lawrence looks to have improved or held status quo in the past year. Dez Bryant is an absolute joke, and he's still our best receiver.

I appreciate that yesterday had just about every lovely thing about the Cowboys make an appearance. Sun shining in eyes, lack of defensive competence, underperforming offensive talent and trash rear end QB play with the rare wide open receiver. Oh and a big speech from the owner at half time, cause that makes sense.

Dak hid his sophomore slump for five games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I haven't given up on Dak at all. He's still young, and while these past three games have been awful I would agree that this is the least impressive receiving core we've had in quite some time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Take heart, Eagles. By losing to the Seahawks you add another nail to the Cowboys' coffin.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I get there's a historical reason as to why you Eagles fans are all down in the dumps,

but :lol: y'all need to get a goddamn grip.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's almost like the league hates the Cowboys now.

Which is funny, because they've played bad enough even without refs dunkin' on em.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Cowboys..........still have a chance.....

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Shinjobi posted:

The Cowboys..........still have a chance.....

:shepface:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Zeke is giant loving baby and his bullshit with the sports media has soured me on him even further. Did not want to discuss his suspension. Refused to do it, and eventually walked away from any further questions. The moron is making a documentary about his time suspended, but isn't okay with reporters doing their jobs.

Just...just suspend him again now, it's only a matter of time.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/17/ezekiel-elliott-return-mexico

quote:

According to Rapoport, Elliott has gotten in shape, both physically and mentally, while in Mexico. He has also worked on a documentary that will tell his side of the story and chronicle his suspension.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

incompetent posted:

stop hating on zeke, you fucks.

No. He's an rear end.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

illcendiary posted:

I'd give anything for :baby: right now

Go full circle, give me :baby:

But also kill me

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

euphronius posted:

Sad that the entire NFC east is out of the playoffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If we could go back in time, I would stop Pearson from talking trash at the draft because holy gently caress everyone is doing it now and my eyes can only roll so much.

I regret ever enjoying it.

• Locked thread