Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

blue squares posted:

I hope for this thread to lead to some good discussion between fans of NFCE teams.

Is Washington's win streak going to continue? And what's been the driving factor? Seems like their defense is winning games, but they haven't beaten anyone impressive outside of the division. The Steelers, who have been stomped by the Eagles and the Dolphins, handled them easily.

Their wins have come against Cleveland, Baltimore and New York (who've been off to a rough starts) and Philly who's starting a rookie who had a rough game. Even if they beat Detroit it just means they're a team that's over achieving. Their defense is at the back end of the league and will continue to get lit up by better offenses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

Dak is Alex Smith

Dak will probably improve.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

NattyBo posted:

I mean, that leaves out room for growth. QBs do develop.

This is his 5th year in the league, what you see is what you get at this point.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

blue squares posted:

Another incredible NFC East matchup. Why are they ever not primetime?

Pandering to fly over states and the west coast. A more dire threat to the league than head injuries imo.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skins still aren't getting it done in the redzone. They're 4th in the league in total yards and 3rd in the league in passing but only 16th in points per game. They don't have a big bodied end zone threat but they need to figure something out.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Cheap Trick souvenirs posted:

What is Jordan Reed?

He's a hybrid ;6'3", ~245 lbs, athletic and is a mismatch on linebackers and can muscle out DBs. Its nice to have a guy a few inches taller with a longer wingspan so you can try and throw over defenders. Even without that they should have enough at receiver to get guys open in end zone. I don't know if its more on Cousins or the play calling but it looks like its this team's achilles heel and it's going to cost them.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

AFC North: Best division in football
-fools, preseason

https://twitter.com/PFF_Steve/status/798382448178503680

https://twitter.com/A_A_Ron_Rodgers/status/797964998144364544

All praise to the glorious NFC East.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Would've bet on NFC North.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

lol if you think the NFL gives a poo poo about race relations, especially with those filthy natives.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

I thought the skins would lose in a fugly primetime display. Yeesh.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Cross posting from aftermath thread,

https://twitter.com/FredNBCLA/status/800730863197503489

Even the west coast doesn't want to watch west coast teams.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kirk Cousins is 3rd in the league in yards and 5th in yards per attempt. How.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

They'll lose to Dallas but they'll beat Arizona or Carolina.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Skins still lacking in the redzone.

They do need to run the ball more but if you're going to throw 53 times you can do worse than 450 yards.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/802198740362739712

I'm sure the other games did just as well.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Febreeze posted:

I hope every other NFCE team dies in a fire. A horrible fire, that burns slowly and painfully

but seriously, after years of NFCLEAST LOL and THE NFCE IS TERRIBLE STOP GIVING THEM PRIMETIME GAMES it's nice to shove it back in everyone's face as a whole

The hate divides us, yet it binds us together and makes us strong

gently caress the NFC East. Long live the NFC East.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

shyduck posted:

Cowboys still have the Bucs and Lions coming up, so those will be interesting.

Ehhhh

Skins still struggle in the redzone, water is wet, I'm impotent. They could win or lose to Carolina next week. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

I wouldn't. Romo was a better passer and did more with less talent around him and worse-coaching in the post-Parcells years.

No. When he came in there was Terrell Owens and Jason Witten, Miles Austin had a few good years, then came Dez Bryant, then Terrence Williams after that. The defense was bad to mediocre for a good chunk of his career but there was always enough there to score your way to the playoffs.

Outside of the year and a half of Terrell Owens McNabb's best receiving options were Brian Westbrook, a year of Lesean McCoy and and two years of Desean Jackson. Those Eagles defenses early in his career were good, but not great, and certainly not good enough to get them deep into the playoffs on their own merit.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

McNabb had Owens and got an amazing year out of him, before his inability to get along with Owens drove the receiver away.

I'll take your points on everything else except this. Owens received alot of ludicrous and baseless criticism during his career but he was absolutely a dick to Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Kirk Cousins is average, more at 11.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

pro starcraft loser posted:

Is anyone actually blaming Cousins for that loss? I mean that INT hurt but so did every other aspect of the game.

They only scored 1 touchdown and were 4 for 12 on 3rd downs. It was a poor performance.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

Then the NFL would have the same wonderful parity as MLB.

Baseball has the greatest chance of parity among the major sports.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

NattyBo posted:

Cousins to SF for 2 first rounders somehow (non exclusive franchise?), Skins draft amazing defenders this year, sign Romo to 2 year deal, win Super Bowl in second season, he rides into the sunset

Romo is made of glass, I'm curious to see who signs him.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Chichevache posted:

You, when Kirk Cousins walks.

I wouldn't be mad kicking the tires on Romo.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Desean Jackson is still a Good Receiver and can help a team.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Good enough definitely seems to be the case, and it would be nice to have some consistency from year to year. I still don't understand the FO, or WTF is happening with our GM, but it's definitely better than before.

The McCloughan situation aside I won't totally poo poo on the team's handling of Kirk Cousins. He wants a deal that is closer to Cutler and Stafford where he's your QB whether you like him or not for 4-5 years rather than the Tannehill or Dalton deal where you can move on after a couple of years. The Andrew Luck deal probably drove up the minimum bid too. Bruce Allen is probably looking at the Bears being stuck with Jay Cutler for years and worried that'll be case if they extend Cousins (I think that'd be the case).

The criticism I would have is that, one way or another, you pick a direction and go all in. Either call everyone in the league looking for a trade partner or give him the extension.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The market has shown that QBs are at a premium. They didn't necessarily have to offer him a long term deal, but they were offering him a contract worth $15M a year when Brock Osweiler was getting $72M over four years ($37M guaranteed) and Sam Bradford got $36M over two years ($26M guaranteed). Now he'll get $24M and any offer has to start there, plus he's guaranteed to hit FA next year. Washington completely flubbed the negotiation and now has to pay out the nose or lose their QB.

They were going have to pay out the nose even if they weren't prepared. The fact that the market dictates Kirk Cousins will be one of the highest paid players in the league means the market is broken. I won't fault them if they want to move on from him.

quote:

Also I feel like we can criticize them for stupid poo poo like this (found by FizFashizzle):

Well, yeah, obviously. That dumb bullshit is still dumb bullshit.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Probably all of the above. Embrace entropy.

I'm fine with moving on from Kirk Cousins but I'm probably in the minority.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

TheChirurgeon posted:

He'd rather the team wander around for a few years hoping to find another franchise QB to ruin than just sign the pretty good QB they currently have at a market rate. Truly, a Washington fan

"Market rate" means burning a hole in the cap and hoping an average/above average QB elevates the team. You become what the Bears have been.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Those teams are paying for QBs that are better than Kirk Cousins by a good margin. You wouldn't be giving an extension to Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck, Cousins is in the Andy Dalton/Jay Cutler tier.

Cash Monet fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 8, 2017

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

I think you're reading him wrong, he's saying extending Cousins isn't the no brainer extending those other guys is? Maybe.

This. I worded it a little awkwardly.

Wilson and Luck aren't Aaron Rodgers but they're good and have shown they can elevate talent around them. You're not getting that with Kirk Cousins and if you're going to make him one of the highest paid players in the league that shouldn't be a tall order.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If I'm McCloughan I'm suing the gently caress out them for wrongful termination by drunk shaming or something. If the team handles lawsuits the way they handle football operations you'd have a chance at a settlement.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

If Kirk Cousins goes to the Browns and replaces Robert Griffin again it'd be so, so sad and real, real funny

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

Reid might be the second best coach of this era. Granted, the 1st best coach is light years ahead of him, but still. I can't think of anyone I'd wedge between him and Belichick.

I'd take Jim Harbaugh over Andy Reid. Once he punches a booster and gets outed at Michigan I hope he goes back to the NFL.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The NFC East had a 1st round worthy of the Best Division in Football. All hail the NFC East.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Doubting Nick Foles goes to show that the Eye Test is empirical. :colbert:

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

The NFC East is a mighty city state among hamlets.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

San Francisco is going to make Kirk Cousins the highest paid player in the league.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Oakland is going to shithammer the Skins sunday night lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Carson Wentz looks like a flashier Joe Flacco. In a good way.

• Locked thread